Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

SERIOUS QUESTION

Everything unrelated to Junk Jack goes here
  • Author
DesertEagleHD

• Location: in a room, in a house, united states, planet earth, somewhere in space

Re: SERIOUS QUESTION

PostSat May 03, 2014 8:40 pm

After Aj lets not talk about goblins :sisi:
A true member of the JJ Hitman Group "X"

AlligatorsRreal

PostSat May 03, 2014 9:24 pm

who is aj anyway, im seriously asking, im not being stupid like i usually am
Get rekt

2539Woo

PostSat May 03, 2014 10:51 pm

Some annoying nine year old who wouldn't stop being trolly and ridiculous. Got banned a few times, made proxy accounts, which also got banned… Multi, help me out here if I'm wrong.
The True Leader of the JJ Hitman Group "X"

I regret nothing! :asd:

Leader in The Hitlist

Where Law meets Morality

Don't tell me life isn't a game, it's filled with strategy, only difference is that there aren't cheats and you have one life.

AlligatorsRreal

PostSat May 03, 2014 11:01 pm

kind of like that alligator planet guys i suppose
Get rekt

Unnamed

PostSun May 04, 2014 1:24 am

2539Woo wrote:Some annoying nine year old who wouldn't stop being trolly and ridiculous. Got banned a few times, made proxy accounts, which also got banned… Multi, help me out here if I'm wrong.

8 year old.
IT IS SPREA-

oh, it's dead. rip

unfaithful p1nkbr0

PostSun May 04, 2014 1:45 am

2539Woo wrote:Solly, people are different. You're more tolerant of trollery, others have grown tired of it. In places different than this even.

no, but the forums has entirely "serious" business atmosphere now. We're pretty much forced to keep things superficial, as if this were an office. Which is not the case, but is why i haven't been as active. I don't really feel like this is a friendly, social environment anymore. I really do feel like we have lost the warm, social environment in exchange for a cold, business-only place.
Intel i7 6700k, GTX 1080 FE, 16GB DDR4 RAM
Playing too much Junk Jack :B
Steam | Spotify

Unnamed

PostSun May 04, 2014 2:00 am

p1nkbr0 wrote:
2539Woo wrote:Solly, people are different. You're more tolerant of trollery, others have grown tired of it. In places different than this even.

no, but the forums has entirely "serious" business atmosphere now. We're pretty much forced to keep things superficial, as if this were an office. Which is not the case, but is why i haven't been as active. I don't really feel like this is a friendly, social environment anymore. I really do feel like we have lost the warm, social environment in exchange for a cold, business-only place.

+9001!
IT IS SPREA-

oh, it's dead. rip

Multipackwolf

PostSun May 04, 2014 7:43 am

p1nkbr0 wrote:

It's not as strict as you think. :dunno:

However, with the forums slowly growing, trolls become more annoying, we are being bombbarded with spam (I haven't seen a "Kitchen" spam threads in awhile, maybe they finnaly gave up? )

And there are more young kids here. It's slowly becoming more and more nessasary to stop swearing and trolls. We don't want this forum to develop a reputation of being too strict, but not strict enough. If it's too strict, we won't get many new members, but if it's not strict enough, the forums will become an unfriendly place.
Steam | Discord - Multarix#1337
Warframe | Hammerhead of <Space Shark Incorporated> | Multarix
Black Desert (NA, UNO) | GM of <Aggro> | Indus

ALCRON

PostSun May 04, 2014 8:27 am

Let it gooooo guys~~~

And hello alligator person!

Vineto

PostSun May 04, 2014 9:44 am

p1nkbr0 wrote:

I have to say, I sort of agree I don't think anyone is being a "bad moderator" or "not letting people have fun"... But I think past events have led to, like you said, a different atmosphere. I still feel like something has to change but I don't know what. I'll always love this forum, though.
Best Buddies: SollyStartles, SolarPug and SmexyJunkie.

Licks to da face!
http://i.imgur.com/fU9xnRF.gif

Favorite bands/musicians:
The Beatles
The Eagles
John Lennon
Billy Joel
Duke Ellington

123outerme

PostSun May 04, 2014 7:13 pm

I dunno. I think the forums are like the media center vs. the lunch room at a middle school. Rowdy and noisy in the lunch room (Chit-Chat), and calm and considerate at the media center (pretty much everywhere else).
It's not bad, especially if you're one to hang on to Chit-Chat topics. I'm not really sure if I prefer this or the "lunch room" all the time.
GC: 123outerme | "If I'm not me, who's anybody?" - Me | 2nd Signature
123outerme wrote:Edit button. Top right corner. Use it.

2539Woo

PostSun May 04, 2014 7:32 pm

Yeah, it's like going to a five-four star restaurant. You like the murmer and the chit-chat everwhere but it gets overbearing if excessive. I mean, I don't mind the explosions and intermittent bursts of activity before and after/in between updates but… ahh.

Leader in The Hitlist

Where Law meets Morality

Don't tell me life isn't a game, it's filled with strategy, only difference is that there aren't cheats and you have one life.

Vineto

PostMon May 05, 2014 8:41 pm

Eh, I don't know. I guess nothing is perfect...
Best Buddies: SollyStartles, SolarPug and SmexyJunkie.

Licks to da face!
http://i.imgur.com/fU9xnRF.gif

Favorite bands/musicians:
The Beatles
The Eagles
John Lennon
Billy Joel
Duke Ellington

unfaithful p1nkbr0

PostTue May 06, 2014 12:25 am

123outerme wrote:I dunno. I think the forums are like the media center vs. the lunch room at a middle school. Rowdy and noisy in the lunch room (Chit-Chat), and calm and considerate at the media center (pretty much everywhere else).
It's not bad, especially if you're one to hang on to Chit-Chat topics. I'm not really sure if I prefer this or the "lunch room" all the time.

I disagree because even Chit Chat is being monitored like a board meeting. Sally's "Let It Go" thread got locked for no real reason other than to say some snide remark.
Intel i7 6700k, GTX 1080 FE, 16GB DDR4 RAM
Playing too much Junk Jack :B
Steam | Spotify

2539Woo

PostTue May 06, 2014 12:37 am

Well… with the forums going on of the high it's on (sort of(according to Becky)), I don't see how much of a problem it could be, I don't not trust his judgement, it's just ever so slightly ludicrous. Beside, post count which I really don't care for (except for my 2539th post which was for funsies :asd: ). I mean, look at Vineto, he's still here and the majority of his posts are the most random things that are sentimental to him. I'll grow here and not see it any different, I mean yes, admittedly Sollison could've made a "Frozen" thread (which I wouldn't mind chatting on(do you want to build a snowman? <3)) but it's all the matter of keeping the "spammy" topics out. Meanwhile there's Kitchen threads and AJ's posts to be taken care of + the world download links with rare stuff.

Leader in The Hitlist

Where Law meets Morality

PreviousNext

Return to Chit-Chat