Page 1 of 2

The "Death of the Canadian Dollar" thread

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:40 pm
by qazedc1212
So, the Canadian dollar has hit a new low, fun :asd:

1 CAD = 0.69 USD

Re: The "Death of the Canadian Dollar" thread

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:53 am
by Mudkip45
The Mexican peso has also hit an all-time low. In fact, it's even lower than the Canadian dollar's exchange rate:

1 MXN = 0.055 USD
1 USD = 18.27 MXN

Re: The "Death of the Canadian Dollar" thread

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:09 am
by VengefulMaul
Australian dollar is the same as the Canadian dollar.
1 AUD = 0.69 USD

So 1 AUD = 1 CAD

Re: The "Death of the Canadian Dollar" thread

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:27 am
by KaitB
i cri evrytiem :(

Re: The "Death of the Canadian Dollar" thread

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:12 pm
by Multipackwolf
I blame my crappy government for us aussies with a bad conversion rate.
I remember when 1AUD = 0.88US

Re: The "Death of the Canadian Dollar" thread

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:12 pm
by qazedc1212
Multipackwolf wrote:I blame my crappy government for us aussies with a bad conversion rate.
I remember when 1AUD = 0.88US

I remember when 1CAD = 1.03 USD good times 2012 were

Re: The "Death of the Canadian Dollar" thread

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:31 am
by TwelveFoot
I'm confused by the fact that our money (USD) is relatively high...

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Re: The "Death of the Canadian Dollar" thread

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:06 am
by Multipackwolf
Your debt makes everyone elses currency go down. I don't understand how that works.

Re: The "Death of the Canadian Dollar" thread

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:28 am
by unfaithful p1nkbr0
Multipackwolf wrote:Your debt makes everyone elses currency go down. I don't understand how that works.

It's quite simple.

America is in debt. Lots of people owe money to america. America also owes a lot of money to other people... Especially China. China is also in a lot of debt. Who do they owe money to? idk. But there's a rather large circle of debt going around, which, in economic terms, is not good.

Re: The "Death of the Canadian Dollar" thread

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 am
by Multipackwolf
I think with the fact America has the highest debt of all the countries, it would make more sense that their currency would go down.

Maybe every other country should loan money from America and then we'll have equal monies.

Re: The "Death of the Canadian Dollar" thread

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:00 am
by unfaithful p1nkbr0
Multipackwolf wrote:I think with the fact America has the highest debt of all the countries, it would make more sense that their currency would go down.

Maybe every other country should loan money from America and then we'll have equal monies.


Equal monies is no fun. Just like equal pay is no fun. It's not fun to get the same as everybody else because then there is no reason to succeed! Not good! =(

Re: The "Death of the Canadian Dollar" thread

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:46 am
by Multipackwolf
Getting paid equal monies is bad yes, but having a 1:1 currency exchange rate would benefit a lot more countries then it would hurt.

Re: The "Death of the Canadian Dollar" thread

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:48 am
by unfaithful p1nkbr0
Multipackwolf wrote:Getting paid equal monies is bad yes, but having a 1:1 currency exchange rate would benefit a lot more countries then it would hurt.

Good intentions, but more trouble than it's worth at this point! =)

Re: The "Death of the Canadian Dollar" thread

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:12 pm
by Runo Spitfire
If a currency goes down, it's because people are losing confidence in that currency. Conversely when a currency "goes up" it's because people have a lot of confidence in it. The reason the American dollar is doing great despite the US huge debt is because people have a lot of confidence in it. The reason why is because America has never defaulted on its debts so people assume that no matter how big, the US will repay its debts. When you default from your debt your national assets get frozen and you suffer from hyperinflation. This is the case in Argentina and Zimbabwe where the currencies are worth peanuts because investors have lost faith in them. By contrast the US dollar is the currency most used for international transactions between states or between individual actors. It is technically the "world currency" and as p1nkbr0 pointed out, when the dollar totally collapse there will be a worldwide economic crisis due to the web of debts among all major states. This web of debt is the reason Greece was not allowed to default on its debts and exit the European Union. Greece owes so much money that if it defaults on its debts, other European economies will be hit and the euro will plummet. The same goes for China and the US. I think the most trustworthy currency in the world today at this point, is the British £ but if you have any gold bars then you're all set. :)

Re: The "Death of the Canadian Dollar" thread

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:03 pm
by unfaithful p1nkbr0
Runo Spitfire wrote:If a currency goes down, it's because people are losing confidence in that currency. Conversely when a currency "goes up" it's because people have a lot of confidence in it. The reason the American dollar is doing great despite the US huge debt is because people have a lot of confidence in it. The reason why is because America has never defaulted on its debts so people assume that no matter how big, the US will repay its debts. When you default from your debt your national assets get frozen and you suffer from hyperinflation. This is the case in Argentina and Zimbabwe where the currencies are worth peanuts because investors have lost faith in them. By contrast the US dollar is the currency most used for international transactions between states or between individual actors. It is technically the "world currency" and as p1nkbr0 pointed out, when the dollar totally collapse there will be a worldwide economic crisis due to the web of debts among all major states. This web of debt is the reason Greece was not allowed to default on its debts and exit the European Union. Greece owes so much money that if it defaults on its debts, other European economies will be hit and the euro will plummet. The same goes for China and the US. I think the most trustworthy currency in the world today at this point, is the British £ but if you have any gold bars then you're all set. :)

^ Thank you for explaining what I couldn't at 12am last night! =)