Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Whaddup all! Also I've been making some music...

Everything unrelated to Junk Jack goes here
  • Author
Ecthelion II

Whaddup all! Also I've been making some music...

PostThu Jan 26, 2017 11:50 pm

It's been a while! I think my last post was talking about the election hah. My first post was nearly five years ago, too. Wierd how time goes. :eek:

Anyways, I used to post my music here for a couple years and so I thought, maybe I'd restore the tradition? :asd: Most of my new stuff is just for solo piano, and I've been posting it on youtube. Here's my channel and here are some of my favorite pieces (newest towards the bottom):

Prelude in A-flat Major
Prelude in D-flat Major
Prelude in B Minor

Glass and Light

Mirach
Mu Andromedae
Nu Andromedae

I would be pretty cool if you checked em out! :)
Last edited by Ecthelion II on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I compose music!

• VENTOS • MVTATIONIS • SEQVOR •

The Batman

Re: Whaddup all! Also I've been making some music...

PostThu Apr 06, 2017 2:38 am

That's awesome!

https://soundcloud.com/hellotherem8

I've made some too. It's mostly poor-quality "chiptune" (note the quotation marks) so not as good as your's.

I'm proud of this one, though.

https://soundcloud.com/hellotherem8/into-the-cave

TwelveFoot

PostSat Apr 08, 2017 12:00 pm

I'm subscreibz!
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
2. The world is big, 256 blocks high and 768 across.
3. Who is John Galt?
4. Lack of objection does not indicate consent.
5. We scream, we shout, we wail, we cry; but in the end we all must die.

Ecthelion II

PostMon Apr 17, 2017 7:52 pm

The Batman wrote:That's awesome!

https://soundcloud.com/hellotherem8

I've made some too. It's mostly poor-quality "chiptune" (note the quotation marks) so not as good as your's.

I'm proud of this one, though.

https://soundcloud.com/hellotherem8/into-the-cave

Keep working on it and you'll get better! I sure sucked when I started. What program do you use?

Twelvefoot wrote:I'm subscreibz!

Thanks Twelvefoot! :)
I compose music!

Tye-Dye

PostMon Apr 17, 2017 8:32 pm

Hey Ecthelion :byebye: how're you doing :)!

Really liking the compositions, they're beautiful man, how did you learn music theory/where did you learn to compose?
Also what software did you use for your old chiptune songs as they were so awesome as well? I remember using your one of them, I think it was Wind as I really liked that w/ the bird & wind sounds, for my failed JJX let's play.
The only original stuff I've done has been with LSDj and I never felt brave enough to upload it as it is no where near the level as yours & other stuff out there haha
I am Josh, I used to do YouTube over on TyeDyeVideos PM me for a prize on finding this!
"Blue, blue. You can't be happy unless you know happy-happyism."

Ecthelion II

PostMon Apr 17, 2017 11:14 pm

Tye-Dye wrote:Hey Ecthelion :byebye: how're you doing :)!

Really liking the compositions, they're beautiful man, how did you learn music theory/where did you learn to compose?

Hey Tye! Nice to see you around, it's been a few long years. I appreciate the feedback! I've mostly been learning theory from the internet (Reddit is a surprisingly good source!) but I'm sure twelve years of piano lessons has helped a bit. :asd: I've never had any formal composition training though, which is something I'm really interested to do next year when I start college.

Tye-Dye wrote:Also what software did you use for your old chiptune songs as they were so awesome as well? I remember using your one of them, I think it was Wind as I really liked that w/ the bird & wind sounds, for my failed JJX let's play.
The only original stuff I've done has been with LSDj and I never felt brave enough to upload it as it is no where near the level as yours & other stuff out there haha

My earliest stuff I made with nanoloop, which is a really simple iOS/Android app, but that Wind song I made in Garageband, I think. I've never used LSDj so I'm not really sure what it's like, but I'd be interested in hearing anything you make! :)
I compose music!

Tye-Dye

PostTue Apr 18, 2017 10:58 am

Nice! I've had guitar lessons in the past but included none to very little musical theory and now I just regret not learning the piano... Planning on doing a Udemy course on musical theory over summer but will have to see how that goes, I will have to check out reddit as a music theory resource :) I mean it is good for basically everything else.
Your compositions are so good for someone who has just self-taught music theory, keep it up :D!

I've never had any formal composition training though, which is something I'm really interested to do next year when I start college.

Ah sweet man! Everyone I know who is studying music at university/college has enjoyed their course massively and some of the compositions my friends have done has just blown me away. Good luck with it man, would love to have some updates here on how it's going ;)

My earliest stuff I made with nanoloop, which is a really simple iOS/Android app, but that Wind song I made in Garageband, I think. I've never used LSDj so I'm not really sure what it's like, but I'd be interested in hearing anything you make!

I tried out nanoloop but never really learnt much about it, will have to give it another go. LSDj is alright but it is very clunky & fiddly as you literally have to input notes into a grid like UI called a phrase: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Wn2bViJqiok/hqdefault.jpg which is basically like a bar -- 4/4 time with each row being a sixteenth note. You can get 3/4 and other time signatures by putting commands into the CMD column. Then each phrase gets sorted into the Song grid where you can order them: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/U-Ha5I5x6_o/hqdefault.jpg Here each column is for a different instrument channel/voice with the NOI being noise.

I created this with it a couple of years back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPI1IBc7IEA but it is literally just a note-for-note cover of Crystalised by the xx...

I am waaay more proud of this one which is a cover of Not In Love by Crystal Castles. I did it with a friend (who is insane at singing and music production) and basically wrote the song in a different style which was a lot more fun: https://soundcloud.com/josh-waites/not- ... s-chiptune
I am Josh, I used to do YouTube over on TyeDyeVideos PM me for a prize on finding this!
"Blue, blue. You can't be happy unless you know happy-happyism."

p1nkbr0

PostSat Apr 22, 2017 6:30 am

LSDj is like an old-school tracker used for making basic electronic music. SunVox is a super cool one that's free on PC, but it's like $10 on mobile (iOS/Android)
Intel i7 6700k, GTX 1080 FE, 16GB DDR4 RAM
Playing too much Black Desert Online
Steam | Spotify

Shaun

PostSun Apr 23, 2017 10:32 am

Hey Kiddos, long time no see. I have also gotten really into making music over the last two and a half years. I use Ableton Live 9.5, Serum VST and Sausage Fattener (funny name i know). I make EDM tunes, mostly Dubstep and Trap music. Heres my SoundCloud if anyone is interested: https://soundcloud.com/getrealtunes

If anyone else has SC accounts or anything, message them to me or just reply to this comment, I dont know if the rules have changed to be against that stuff haha. But yeah, hows things been?

Idevenk

PostSun Apr 23, 2017 11:54 am

Damn Shaun, those are some really nice tracks you've got. Do you happen to take inspiration from Aero Chord? Just a guess.
Have you heard of Junk Jack? Yeah it's pretty cool...

p1nkbr0

PostMon Apr 24, 2017 4:31 am

Shaun wrote:Hey Kiddos, long time no see. I have also gotten really into making music over the last two and a half years. I use Ableton Live 9.5, Serum VST and Sausage Fattener (funny name i know). I make EDM tunes, mostly Dubstep and Trap music. Heres my SoundCloud if anyone is interested: https://soundcloud.com/getrealtunes

If anyone else has SC accounts or anything, message them to me or just reply to this comment, I dont know if the rules have changed to be against that stuff haha. But yeah, hows things been?

Every producer worth their salt uses sausage fattener to create those beefy, luscious, moist, sausagey kicks especially if ur gonna create dubstep (or trap like everyone else)

I've been excited for Android release. hbu?
Intel i7 6700k, GTX 1080 FE, 16GB DDR4 RAM
Playing too much Black Desert Online
Steam | Spotify

Return to Chit-Chat