Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

The Forum Nostalgia Thread™

Everything unrelated to Junk Jack goes here
  • Author
The Batman

PostMon Jan 01, 2018 11:32 pm

The Forum Nostalgia Thread™ is a thread for sharing memories we've had on the forums. Whether bad ones, good ones, share what you remember most. We have to admit, the forum is dying. The Discord is hardly active. This community is as inactive as ever, so I figure that it'd be nice for the members that have been around since the beginning to take the time to remember the times we've spent on this now-dead forum.

I've also been thinking about making a non-JJ-related Discord server for members of the community that don't play JJ anymore but would still like to talk to other members of the community. I'll make it if you all would like it, but I figure more channels could just be added to the existing one. (or, ya know, keep it like that)

So this is the The Forum Nostalgia Thread™.
Yee.

Ramsey26

Re: The Forum Nostalgia Thread™

PostTue Jan 02, 2018 4:47 am

I remember this thing IMG_5707 and there was also a Jedi throwing Santa into a car because he did not play enough junk jack. :sisi:
I also remember the post that explained the player as being a remnant of an ancient civilization who somehow survived and the portals as lost ancient technology. It explained the most likely locations of the planets. There was only 5 planets back then so it was less complicated. It was a realy well thought out post and got me and probably lots of other people thinking. It's probably my most favourited most but I have my own even more complicated explanation of the planets and if I get some motivation I'll make a post about it.

Who ever made that post rock on !
You can never have too much junk... Just not enough storage... :D

The Batman

PostTue Jan 02, 2018 6:34 am

Ramsey26 wrote:I remember this thing IMG_5707 and there was also a Jedi throwing Santa into a car because he did not play enough junk jack. :sisi:
I also remember the post that explained the player as being a remnant of an ancient civilization who somehow survived and the portals as lost ancient technology. It explained the most likely locations of the planets. There was only 5 planets back then so it was less complicated. It was a realy well thought out post and got me and probably lots of other people thinking. It's probably my most favourited most but I have my own even more complicated explanation of the planets and if I get some motivation I'll make a post about it.

Who ever made that post rock on !

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=21419
Found it!

Ramsey26

PostTue Jan 02, 2018 4:03 pm

Yes that's the one and the image I couldn't post for some reason is on there. Kinda forgot what post it was even from. That awesome you found that for me! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Multipackwolf

PostTue Jan 02, 2018 6:07 pm

If we wanted to create a non-jj discord to talk about anything and everything and to keep in touch, I have my private discord server, it's got more bots and alts than actual people, it's a complete an absolute mess, but I could clean it up easily enough. Never really gets used other than to talk with KaitB once every month or three.
Steam | Discord - Multarix#1337
Warframe | Hammerhead of <Space Shark Incorporated> | Multarix
Black Desert (NA, UNO) | GM of <Aggro> | Indus

The Batman

PostTue Jan 02, 2018 9:41 pm

Multipackwolf wrote:If we wanted to create a non-jj discord to talk about anything and everything and to keep in touch, I have my private discord server, it's got more bots and alts than actual people, it's a complete an absolute mess, but I could clean it up easily enough. Never really gets used other than to talk with KaitB once every month or three.

I think that if people wanted a server like that, it would be great for you to clean up that old server of your's.

squee420

PostWed Jan 03, 2018 10:53 pm

The Batman wrote:I've also been thinking about making a non-JJ-related Discord server for members of the community that don't play JJ anymore but would still like to talk to other members of the community. I'll make it if you all would like it, but I figure more channels could just be added to the existing one. (or, ya know, keep it like that)

Or maybe we could just add a forum shoutbox? So we could continue using the forums while chatting in the shoutbox?
I'm sure that would bring a lot of users back to the forums, while keeping them active! That's my suggestion, I think it would benefit the community more than anything.

The Batman

PostThu Jan 04, 2018 6:25 pm

squee420 wrote:
The Batman wrote:I've also been thinking about making a non-JJ-related Discord server for members of the community that don't play JJ anymore but would still like to talk to other members of the community. I'll make it if you all would like it, but I figure more channels could just be added to the existing one. (or, ya know, keep it like that)

Or maybe we could just add a forum shoutbox? So we could continue using the forums while chatting in the shoutbox?
I'm sure that would bring a lot of users back to the forums, while keeping them active! That's my suggestion, I think it would benefit the community more than anything.

This is actually a good idea!

Multipackwolf

PostThu Jan 04, 2018 11:11 pm

A forum shoutbox would be too annoying, we already have a minimal amount of posts, a shoutbox would decrease that further

The Batman

PostFri Jan 05, 2018 2:06 am

Multipackwolf wrote:A forum shoutbox would be too annoying, we already have a minimal amount of posts, a shoutbox would decrease that further

This is actually a good argument!

squee420

PostFri Jan 05, 2018 3:02 am

The Batman wrote:
Multipackwolf wrote:A forum shoutbox would be too annoying, we already have a minimal amount of posts, a shoutbox would decrease that further

This is actually a good argument!

No it is not! A forum shoutbox would make this place a more welcoming forum to get to know eachother and get involved. Just a friendly place to chat up and chill about off topic stuff while keeping Junk Jack posts on the forums!

Multipackwolf wrote:If we wanted to create a non-jj discord to talk about anything and everything and to keep in touch, I have my private discord server, it's got more bots and alts than actual people, it's a complete an absolute mess, but I could clean it up easily enough. Never really gets used other than to talk with KaitB once every month or three.

Really though, a forum shoutbox would get far more posts than a random discord server, they are essentially the same thing, after all. Anyway, it would benefit all users, new and old, to get involved and keep the community going.

Ramsey26

PostFri Jan 05, 2018 6:01 am

At the risk of sounding like the clueless guy which I kinda am.. what's a shoutbox?

Multipackwolf

PostFri Jan 05, 2018 7:07 am

A shoutbox is basically a live chat box. Which isn't ever a thing people should need on a game forum. Given the small amount of people online at any one time, the shoutbox is essentially a waste of time.
People would leave messages there, and it would be easy target for spambots.
Once upon a time, it could have been potentially useful, however, now days it'd be a useless addition to the forum.

This isn't a live chat and instant messaging service. It's a game development forum, where we want our ideas, bug reports and everything of the sort posted in a format that will allow users and developers to access them and see them at any given time, not be hidden 47382 lines up a shoutbox live chat. Us moderators would have a hard time moderating said chatbox for spam or other instances of things that need to be deleted.
So no, it's not a good idea. It's a wasted effort and we don't need one here.
If people want instant messages, they'll use an app/ program designed for it.

squee420

PostSat Jan 06, 2018 10:38 pm

Whoops, looks like we derailed the thread! Sorry about that.

Lets go back to Forum Nostalgia, does anyone remember AjPlaysMinecraft?
I'm sure a lot of you do! He was really annoying, but I kinda liked him, haha.

The Batman

PostSat Jan 06, 2018 11:03 pm

squee420 wrote:Whoops, looks like we derailed the thread! Sorry haha.

Lets go back to Forum Nostalgia, does anyone remember AjPlaysMinecraft?
I'm sure a lot of you do! He was really annoying, but I kinda liked him, haha.

AJPlaysMinecraft posted this.

Well uh...nice to know someone kinda likes me, for some reason

Oh and about the shoutbox, one thing that's different between a Discord server and a shoutbox is that it'll be separated by channels. There could also be voice chat...it'd be faster to chat and easier to moderate...

Also, Multi's arguments against a shoutbox made lots of sense. So I'm against the shoutbox and for the Discord. But that's only if people want it.
Next

Return to Chit-Chat