Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Religion

Everything unrelated to Junk Jack goes here
  • Author
Schamwow

Re: Religion

PostThu Jun 07, 2012 10:10 am

I am a good Lutheran, though having German ancestry that made sense. How ever I am tolerant of different religions and I believe I am half Jewish due to my dads side of the family but I'm not 100% sure on that.
Proud Life Scout!
Proud member of the duping clan! Where there's one there's a thousand!
You may know me as Ba$eplate if you play MW3 on Wii. (Hey that rhyms!)

Ecthelion II

PostThu Jun 07, 2012 12:48 pm

I'm proud to be christian. I strongly believe in it, but I do respect other's beliefs and can definitely see where the atheists are coming from.

But, to each his own.
Welcome to your Doom

http://vo1dwalk3r.bandcamp.com/
https://soundcloud.com/vo1dwalk3r
http://www.youtube.com/vo1dwalk3r

∑ [ n=1 → ∞ ] 1/n that is the harmonic series by the way-the equation upon which all of modern pitched music is based

TOT_tomdora

PostThu Jun 07, 2012 12:55 pm

I used to be a Christian, but the more I thought about it, the less it made sense. Now I'm not affiliated with a religion, but my parents think I am.
However, I do tolerate people's beliefs, so long as they don't go about talking about nothing but their religion.
"I'm different."

chrism1a1

PostThu Jun 07, 2012 3:18 pm

Kkflarg wrote:I am catholic, and i love jesus, i also respect other religions.

Yeah im catholic too other religions are fine.
I can thank ALCRON for this awesome sig!
Die potato noooo (/ºOº)/ *splat*
Die potato, not today ( •_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Nanook4219

PostThu Jun 07, 2012 5:31 pm

@TOT- I believe that is considered agnosticism. Not being sure.
And you guys that believe in creationism in the past page, it's not so much the big bang I think happened as it is quite stupid, but the thought that the Earth was created in seven days. No. It was formed after billions of years of melting, cooling, and erosion. The rocks themselves debunk creationism.
1. If guns don't kill people, and people kill people, does that mean that toasters don't toast toast, toast toasts toast?
2. 73/76 Achievements!!
3. USA! USA! USA!

Softkey3

PostThu Jun 07, 2012 5:51 pm

ALCRON wrote:@Nanook4219: I mean no offense, but if you do not believe that there is a god, then what are your ideas on how the universe and everything in it was created?

The earth took 7 billion ??? ( not sure but in and around ) and it took god 6 days to create the world and them 6 days were 6 billon years
Everything is possible,it just depends how far you want to prove it !
My YouTube subscribe if you like and want to see more
My game center name is Softkey3
don't stalk me online Chris

p1nkbr0

• Location: My super secret drawing dojo located in the known universe somewhere on the planet Earth

PostThu Jun 07, 2012 6:39 pm

Nanook4219 wrote:Hey, I was just wondering what your religion is.
And no, not for me to disgrace your religion.
Mine is Atheism, starting off.

You say that you don't want to disgrace our religion but the WHOLE time, you are talking smack about christian beliefs and giving every which reason you think that would prove it wrong. If you really were considerate about our beliefs, then you'd stop the bickering with everyone and instead tolerate our beliefs. I may not think your beliefs are correct at all, but you don't see me attacking you about it.

I'm christian, by the way, and i go to an assemblies of god church.
ImageImage
[ vacation begins ]
[ see you in a week ]

Tye-Dye

PostSat Jun 09, 2012 4:28 pm

I am not really sure anymore, I was a christian until after my Mum passed away around a two years ago.
And add me on game center -TyeDye- PM me for a prize on finding this!
Follow me on twitter TyeDyeTweets
- http://www.youtube.com/user/TyeDyeVideos SUBSCRIBE -

RyanLovesJunkjack

PostSat Jun 09, 2012 4:35 pm

I really don't have a religion, i don't go to church or anything but im not really a athiest. i Sorta think there is a God, i just don't believe in heaven or Hell. I would think it would just be Nothingness, or possibly we get ressurected into a new body, which would be awesome, but yet again i don't think so .. so thats my take on it.
i do however respect others religions as some don't :approved:
My new youtube channel! : http://www.youtube.com/user/NobodyCivil?feature=mhee
Twitter: https://twitter.com/NobodyCivil
PSN (PSP VITA): RyanLJJ

AlexVolk

PostSat Jun 09, 2012 4:41 pm

My mother said hell... Was the underworld. If you dug deep, you would hear the dead...
But how can I prove that science is right? How did the nebula form, but I guess I would have to ask god the same question. How did he form? But I believe in god. Jesus died for our sins, and Nanook... You just disobeyed what you said in the first place... Like pink said. You said I won't disgrace you, but here you are, trying every chance you get to prove gods aren't real.
"I have the final say."

When you kill one, it is a tragedy. But when you kill 10 million? It is a statistic.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VEBAIZs5ES0 My theme song.

bparker

PostSat Jun 09, 2012 4:42 pm

Softkey3 wrote:
ALCRON wrote:@Nanook4219: I mean no offense, but if you do not believe that there is a god, then what are your ideas on how the universe and everything in it was created?

The earth took 7 billion ??? ( not sure but in and around ) and it took god 6 days to create the world and them 6 days were 6 billon years

Thats what my mom says. Im Luthren but completly understand and believe the big bang theory. It just that seven days in Gods time is not Sevnen days in our time it could be a lot longer than jsut seven days.
Founder of the GHS (Good Heroes Society)
Ready for JJX
TouchArcade Username: Bparker
My Blog: http://indiegamecentral.wordpress.com
If you have questions about the game PM me. :)

LeadTheWay

PostSat Jun 09, 2012 4:47 pm

religion sucks. plain and simple. I'm not in a religion. I'm in a relationship with Jesus Christ. Nothing can change that. once you have seen the things i have seen, my friends, you won't doubt Christ's existence.
"The reason the American Army does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the American Army practices it on a daily basis."
- from a post-war debriefing of a German General

Playstation Network Username: LeadTheWay256

AlexVolk

PostSat Jun 09, 2012 7:49 pm

LeadTheWay wrote:religion sucks. plain and simple. I'm not in a religion. I'm in a relationship with Jesus Christ. Nothing can change that. once you have seen the things i have seen, my friends, you won't doubt Christ's existence.

You can't doubt his existence, no.
"I have the final say."

When you kill one, it is a tragedy. But when you kill 10 million? It is a statistic.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VEBAIZs5ES0 My theme song.

TOT_tomdora

PostSat Jun 09, 2012 7:57 pm

LeadTheWay wrote:religion sucks. plain and simple. I'm not in a religion. I'm in a relationship with Jesus Christ. Nothing can change that. once you have seen the things i have seen, my friends, you won't doubt Christ's existence.

What HAVE you and your friends seen?
"I'm different."

LeadTheWay

PostSat Jun 09, 2012 9:09 pm

Ah, what's meant to say when I said "my friends" was I was referring to all of you.

And what have I seen? Well, choose to believe it, or believe I am lying, but:

On a missions trip to Africa with my dad, I saw, in Jesus name, a blind man healed. I saw a man who's foot was deformed and cut, change back to normal. I saw a deaf man start to hear again, I saw AIDS healed twice, and a lame man walk. All in Jesus name. I can no longer doubt his existence.
"The reason the American Army does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the American Army practices it on a daily basis."
- from a post-war debriefing of a German General

Playstation Network Username: LeadTheWay256
PreviousNext

Return to Chit-Chat