Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Gateway to Legend

Talk here about the other games you like.
  • Author
123outerme

Gateway to Legend

PostFri Apr 06, 2018 2:34 am

Gateway to Legend is an open-source Puzzle-RPG. The main focus of the game will obviously be solving puzzles to get experience, as any Puzzle-RPG would have it, but the mechanics that make this game unique is that most puzzle mechanics will be based off doors or gates! Switches and door pairs allow you to gain access to rooms, teleporters provide gates between two places on the map, and more! It also supports the development and easy integration of user-generated content, as well; you can make puzzle map-packs for this project! I've done quite a bit of work on this engine so far, and I'd like to show it off. Here's what I have so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlcb_ouLAyY

Thanks to my friend, I have released a new update video for Gateway to Legend! I've added music! The main theme plays upon launching the game. There will be 3 overworld pieces. The boss theme plays upon triggering a boss. We also have plans for more tracks than just those!
In this video, I show off the work I've done with enemies and pathfinding, music, and sound effects! I implemented sound for various things like doors, sword swings, selecting menu options, and more!
There are 3 enemy types: Fast but low damage and HP moving straight to you, slow but higher damage and HP, taking a slower, more methodical path, and a third, which totally ignores collision.

There's also a map-pack wizard that helps user-generated content, as far as the programs go. I need some help drumming up some ideas for many different sections of the game, so I have my Github repository over here, and I would very much appreciate any help from the community, from suggestions, to offering to help with code. This project will be pretty big and pretty complex!

Other Stuff:
* Join my Discord! I post more frequent updates there.
* Take a look at my website I wrote!
* See my GameJolt Page!
GC: 123outerme | "If I'm not me, who's anybody?" - Me | 2nd Signature
123outerme wrote:Edit button. Top right corner. Use it.

123outerme

Re: Gateway to Legend

PostSat Apr 21, 2018 7:29 pm

I've added smooth scrolling, after much request for it. After two RPGs that handle only screen-sized maps, I have finally added a much-requested feature!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDlv2Shm5ok

As well, I have added one Discord user _iPhoenix_ 's overworld music, fully integrated the map-pack toolchain, and more!

Music is almost done. I need one more track. The engine is almost done. I need to implement one more type of script, fix any bugs, and a few more things. The toolchain is almost done. I need to implement a few more features and allow two more script types to be fully edited. The only facet of the game I have any substantial amount of work left for is map-packs. Again, I have lagged behind making maps. Not because it's hard, but just because every time I go to make maps, I remember a feature that I wanted to implement before making the map :P
GC: 123outerme | "If I'm not me, who's anybody?" - Me | 2nd Signature
123outerme wrote:Edit button. Top right corner. Use it.

Return to Other Games