Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Open Spades

Talk here about the other games you like.
  • Author
Achilles

Open Spades

PostFri Jan 01, 2016 12:07 am

Open spades is an online fps game, downloadable at gamejolt. Com
Just found it this summer and thought it was cool.
RIP Keymaster

Stuart98

Re: Open Spades

PostThu Jan 07, 2016 2:22 am

No no no no no no no

Here's what this game is:

This game originated as Ace of Spades in 2011, a blocky world war 1 themed trench warfare FPS focused on a CTF mode.

In 2012, the title was purchased by the esteemed company Jagex, who released a bastardized version of the game onto the Steam store that went against everything the game was. The fan base for the old version of the game relaunched it as Build and Shoot, downloadable from buildandshoot.com. OpenSpades is simply an updated client for build and Shoot (and you should only be downloading it from there)

There were three problems:
The final version of the classic game to be released had an underpowered rifle (the original weapon and the one that played best) and a very overpowered SMG. There was a beta version of the game that was never released officially that fixed these problems, but for whatever reason the BNS admins never encouraged server hosts to switch to this version.
The optical map ClassicGen, a hilly map with a river separating blue and green, played well, and the community consistently made more interesting WW1 themed maps. The problem? For some reason, two maps that were against the spirit of the game became most played: the completely flat (Meaning no tunneling) PinPoint, and the atrocity known as hallway, a flat map with two massive blocks creating a narrow passageway between the two bases.
Two months after release, Jagex released an update to their version of the game adding classic mode, complete with good maps allowing for multiple strategies and containing only the rifle, no SMG.

The result? Ironically, the Steam version of the game offers a better classic experience than the actual classic build and Shoot.
Thanks, Stuart98.
i AREZ AN GRAMMER nAZI!!
Patience. Patience people.
Proud ingredient in Su Tarts. :sisi:
Ask me if you need anything. Whatever it is, I can probably take care of it.

Achilles

Re: Open Spades

PostWed Jan 13, 2016 1:19 pm

I was pretty sure you would be the one to reply... I think I may have seen you in a match when my brother was on. Someone by the name of stuart98 started a vote kick against chillywilson for harassment.
RIP Keymaster

Return to Other Games