Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Super Smash Bros Melee / Project M

Talk here about the other games you like.
  • Author
123outerme

Super Smash Bros Melee / Project M

PostTue Feb 09, 2016 1:38 am

I decided to make this thread after I wanted to show this amazing clip, where Westballz tried to juke out Lucky in real life with a tech chase. https://youtu.be/CMzUd7fBUNQ?t=2m32s

But which do you play, and how good are you?

I play Project M, but I'm trying to get my hands on a copy of Melee. I'm all right, kinda like a Westballz but about 1000x worse.
GC: 123outerme | "If I'm not me, who's anybody?" - Me | 2nd Signature
123outerme wrote:Edit button. Top right corner. Use it.

SolarPug

Re: Super Smash Bros Melee / Project M

PostSun Feb 14, 2016 12:08 am

I have Melee but I'm pretty bad at it. Placed second in a local tournament because I came from loser's and got bodied in the bracket reset.

I wanna play Project M so bad but I only have a Wii U and sold Brawl a couple years back.
Thanks, Solly.

123outerme

PostMon Feb 15, 2016 3:23 am

SolarPug wrote:I have Melee but I'm pretty bad at it. Placed second in a local tournament because I came from loser's and got bodied in the bracket reset.

I wanna play Project M so bad but I only have a Wii U and sold Brawl a couple years back.

You can still play Brawl on the Wii U, but you have to play in Wii mode. But I have no idea what that means, because I don't have a Wii U. What character do you main? If it's anything starting with "Falco" I could help you out.

123outerme

PostMon Feb 22, 2016 10:45 pm

Well, now I put Nintendont on my Wii, so I can play Melee now. The animations feel a lot smoother, but there are a lot of differences. I'm worse at Melee, but I have to get used to it. Once I do, my skill will probably rise to be the same.

123outerme

PostThu Mar 24, 2016 3:30 am

Today I went to my first Melee tournament, and here's what I had to say:

I went to Xanadu Melee tonight, and I had some enlightening experiences. Made some friends, and played friendlies. I got to learn what loser's bracket was quite early. I did win 1 game, though (although it was a last-stock situation where my opponent unfortunately SD'd).
I learned that I have much to learn. I didn't ask to go on stream, mostly because I didn't see Plank, the person I was supposed to ask. But that's just fine, because I got double 4-stocked by a Jiggs/Marth player. I'm definitely going back, though. I just can't in the next few Wednesdays (as far as I know).
I also learned that I don't play particularly worse when pressured, I just get mad on-tilt, and I know I need to slow things down in high-stress situations. Also, maybe it was the CRTs they had there, but Melee definitely felt different there than on my CRT at my house. Even in friendlies, where I was just having fun and playing the game, I noticed these differences. But that's not a john, just something I observed there.

Return to Other Games