Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Me Again...

Our Minecraft forum! Feel free to discuss Notch's creation here
  • Author
Dylan

Me Again...

PostFri Oct 23, 2015 1:39 am

I know this area haven't been posted on for Centuries, but I have some questions but didn't want to ask straight at thier forums. Why, I don't want them to be like,"This guy doesn't know anything." So I know you guys are better folk. I wanted to know if I owned a server in minecraft PC would I be able to put mods and stuff on it and whoever joins would be able to use such in the server? Same with the textures of the blocks? Also is thier something that I may..
hhhmmm... Make my own mod or something to make things for myself? I just really wanted to know, also I am planning on becoming an animator, yet I'm in search for whatever male the animation great. One thing killing me is how do people get their separated fingers... For me that's a very important detail! Thanks and... Well thanks..
People are Food and Slime Engulfs them.
The M.O.B Scientist
Looking for a Friend to Play With on Steam

CoolDamp1

Re: Me Again...

PostFri Oct 23, 2015 11:28 am

I don't know if the mods apply to the people who join, but the people who join will need the same mods.
The texture pack is a different thing, they choose their own texture packs. I guess you could add a sign that says they should try it, but you can't force them.
BTW Mod items don't apply to texture packs.
Current News
JJX: Now with giant mushrooms!
Minecraft: Currently getting ruined by Microsoft
Terraria: Currently ending it's adventure.
Survivalcraft: Ruined by groups.
Minebuilder: Slow climb, still hard.

Dylan

PostSat Oct 24, 2015 1:59 am

Yay some answers!!
The M.O.B Scientist

Dylan

PostSun Oct 25, 2015 2:03 am

Am I able to make my own mods or stuff?
The M.O.B Scientist

Multipackwolf

PostMon Oct 26, 2015 9:31 pm

You can make your own mods.. If you know how to code in Java and know how to go about creating what you want.

The fingers thing, that.. Is an thing that isn't in minecraft. It's to do with rigging and everything else to do with animating.

A server can have plugins, some are basic, some are a little more advanced. A plugin can change the way the game is played, or add in extra little things. Eg, you have mini game servers like the Hive. It's riddled with plugins. Or you may have a simple survival with a few basic ones like Tree-capcitator and Essentials.

Mods are a little more tricky, but ever since Minecraft 1.4 (I think) all client side mods can be used on servers. A server running mods will refuse everyone connection if they do not have ALL of the mods installed on the server installed on their client.. Which means you need to create a mod pack which is more trouble then is worth really. Some mods however are strictly client side. Eg. Rei's Minimap/ VoxelMap, Damage Indicators, Shaders.

As of minecraft 1.7 (Again, I think) your server can have a texturepack that is downloaded to the client (provided they have the option turned on for the server), which lets be honest, not everyone likes texture packs, and shoving one in their face makes them instantly regret joining your server, so just don't do it :/
Steam | Discord - Multarix#9461
Warframe | Clan Leader of <Wolfish> | Multarix
Black Desert (NA, UNO) | Officer of <DeathParade> | Kookaburra
Revelation Online (NA, Snowpine) | Chairperson of <Skywhale> | RNGesus

Dylan

PostWed Oct 28, 2015 1:52 am

Thanks multipack wolf, alot of info that has helped me Maxed for now
The M.O.B Scientist

Return to Minecraft