Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Larger Images

This forum should be used to discuss and share mods of Junk Jack (textures, or whatever)
  • Author
MisterTacos

Larger Images

PostSat Mar 10, 2012 6:57 pm

OK I highly doubt many people have the answer to this, besides Jack and XsX, but how does the game recognize how to take the items from the png. files and place them in the right spot? I want to know because if I could edit these things I could make things like the snail larger.

motorlatitude

Re: Larger Images

PostSat Mar 10, 2012 7:10 pm

I dunno how this is done on iOS, but I'm working on a web version, and there I use something that changes the background position.
So let's say I have a box and inside this box I have the background image of crosshair.png. I can then make this box the height and width of one jack character and then position the background to fit accordingly: This is jack coded using html and css:
Code: Select all
<div id="jack" style="border: 0px solid #aa0000; left: 0px; position: absolute; top: 80%; background-image:url('img/jack.png'); background-repeat:no-repeat; z-index:6; background-position: -9px -12px; width: 18px; height: 20px;">

</div>

I dunno if that helps you, but I would assume that the coding for the iOS version would be a similar system to that i use...

So to answer your question, no that's not possible because the mobs are set to specific size, so you'd have to replace a cow for example witha snail, and voila there you go massive snail and a tiny cow :P

P.S. here's the link to my web version topic: http://forum.pixbits.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2796
There fly the electrons whilst I post this post :)

MisterTacos

PostSat Mar 10, 2012 7:27 pm

K thanks

motorlatitude

PostSat Mar 10, 2012 7:52 pm

No problem :) glad to help
There fly the electrons whilst I post this post :)

TwelveFoot

PostSat Mar 10, 2012 9:26 pm

:sisi: thats how I understand it works.
The game is set to display an area _x_ pixels 10 pixels down in the image and 10 pixels to the right (or something like that).
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
2. The world is big, 256 blocks high and 768 across.
3. Who is John Galt?
4. Lack of objection does not indicate consent.
5. We scream, we shout, we wail, we cry; but in the end we all must die.

Jeroenich

PostSat Mar 10, 2012 9:34 pm

I'll help you out. In the rocks.png file everything is 32x32 (1 block is 32x32)

Just make a raster if you wanna know everything. In the mobs.png file there are different sizes up to 64 or 128?

Tip: If you use Paint.NET and you past your edited image Paint.NET will place it exactly at the right spot. (Fromwhere you copied it)

Sorry for my bad english ;DD :rotfl:

Return to Modding