Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

>> Read This Before Reporting Bugs <<

This forum is intended to speak about code bugs and crashes
  • Author
mguniverse

>> Read This Before Reporting Bugs <<

PostMon Oct 10, 2011 11:46 pm

If at all possible: take a screenshot of your bugs, rotate them to their normal format, and include them in your thread. I'm sure it will help the Pixbits team fix the bugs a lot more quickly if they can actually SEE the bug you are reporting.

Just a friendly request.

Also, search before posting bugs.
ddawg77 wrote:Everyone please, please, PLEASE use the search button and search your problem before reporting bugs! Doing this helps Pixbits greatly, and will reduce the chances of someone accidentally bringing up an old thread that has already been reported. Thank you!
Last edited by TwelveFoot on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added in the bit about searching first.

ShadowConner

Re: >> Read This Before Reporting Bugs <<

PostWed Nov 16, 2011 5:06 am

mguniverse wrote:rotate them to their normal format

LOL wut?

Razacore

PostFri Nov 18, 2011 10:16 pm

I think he means that when you take a picture it shows up-right where people have to turn their heads sideways to see.

Multipackwolf

PostMon Apr 02, 2012 12:13 pm

I just thought of something, to avoid confusing between what should have been fixed and what not, you should put the current version in the name of the thread
Steam | Discord - Multarix#9461
Warframe | Clan Leader of <Wolfish> | Multarix
Black Desert (NA, UNO) | Officer of <Aggro> | Indus
Revelation Online (NA, Snowpine) | Chairperson of <Skywhale> | RNGesus

p1nkbr0

PostThu Apr 05, 2012 8:22 pm

That could help. The only problem would be is that I don't follow version numbers. Does it say it on the title? (I think it does)
Intel i7 6700k, GTX 1080 FE, 16GB DDR4 RAM
Playing too much Junk Jack :B
Steam | Spotify

TwelveFoot

PostFri Apr 06, 2012 2:04 am

Yes, it says the version on the main menu.
And we're in 1.0.5 right now...
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
2. The world is big, 256 blocks high and 768 across.
3. Who is John Galt?
4. Lack of objection does not indicate consent.
5. We scream, we shout, we wail, we cry; but in the end we all must die.

Multipackwolf

PostFri Apr 06, 2012 5:02 am

1.0.51 actually...

TwelveFoot

PostFri Apr 06, 2012 10:45 pm

1.0.5.1 actually...
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
3. Who is John Galt?

Multipackwolf

PostFri Apr 06, 2012 10:47 pm

They post it as 1.0.51, the extra poinT makes No difference

TwelveFoot

PostFri Apr 06, 2012 10:52 pm

If you look at the changelog it says 1.0.5.1
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
3. Who is John Galt?

Multipackwolf

PostFri Apr 06, 2012 10:56 pm

Yes but when making other posts, the genneraly don't have a extral decimal, and in the info.plst, the version is 1.0.51 im pretty sure it is anyway... Anyways, we can just accept both ways of being correct... Now, ima go watch tyedye on youtube...

L33t

PostSat Jun 16, 2012 10:39 pm

Im not sure if what I'm experiencing is a bug or not but I have several houses made in my main world and my main house I had to move to my secondary house that was previously used for non crafting items and junk or gems jewels and decorations mostly but now I've had to move everything around since monsters and friendly mobs are spawning inside my house it's completely sealed and has doors I've even installed secondary sets of doors to keep them out and they still spawn inside my safe house. The only reason I think my 2nd house is safe and they don't spawn in it is that it's about 6 stories high each story being 3blocks tall and completely sealed. It's as if doors don't function or are just for looks they appear to not be keeping mobs outside the house. My 1st house is 3stories tall and same 3blocks per story I noticed that how many blocks wide my house is wether it be 6blocks across or 10 anything bigger then my field of view seems to allow mobs to spawn. Also my biggest disappointment is that I've built 2 green houses out of pure glass one is huge about 20blocs across and 4blocks tall. The second is about half that but I use these as safe gardens since the glass allows my farms to grow but I don't like any mobs being in them since killing them risk me breaking the glass or hurting my farm which has happened several times. I've made sure that it's all well kit with torches inside and out sealed completely and has doors is above the ground level since it's made of glass solely on the 1st green house and the 2nd green house of glass has stone block walls made from crafting 4stones to make a more fancy sturdy wall I attached the 2nd to my 2nd house as an extension I made it smaller and shorter and used stone crafted blocks to seal it up around the edges such as the door placement and on the other side where it connects to the house. The only part not outlined by stone is the roof were instead I just used 2glass blocks for the backround layer and the front so I can walk on it seal it and so the light gets in to grow my crops. But constantly I have mostly friendly mobs spawning in the glass area only and at night enemy mobs keep spawning inside my sealed glass structure I'm going to build another since I run out of room for crops in both but will make it very small and not planting anything since I'm thinking maybe it's the farm that's causing them to spawn inside. I will also conduct another experiment were I build a green house on the roof of one of my houses and see if mobs of either type will still continue to spawn in my home. I have no idea what makes them spawn in my main house they never used to until I expanded it and built a basement but in my 2nd world I have a house like this attached to a mine and mobs don't spawn in it but that house is on the edge of the map maybe that's why and it's also very small.

So there's my full description of my problem I can only assume it's a bug or the food in the farm is the cause but I still think that mobs spawning inside a sealed well lit house built from any material even glass should keep all animals enemies and mobs out! Unless there's a monster spawner of which I've only found one but ended up loosing it somehow I had it in a crate and when I went to play next session it had disappeared. I've also had other random items just vanish from crates I think this is also a bug. I know it says u may loose items when u die but items in crates should always remain safe no matter what isn't that the point of a crate in the 1st place? I can understand my inventory being lost and maybe loosing a few common items that can stack say wood planks or meets if I had 10 and died then retrieved my loot when I respawn and would have 8 or 9 that would make sense but not single items and rare or hard to craft items shouldn't be affected by dying.

So please in next update can pixbits fix the mobs spawning in safe houses and glass homes especially were farms are grown. And the random disappearing items and loosing items in crates when we die be fixed so that mobs can't spawn in sealed homes and items in chest and rare items not bs lost when dying maybe even make it so nothing is lost unless u fail to make it back to were we died in enough time it's already hard enough trying to recover our items when we die since we must travel from spawn and try to locate were exactly we died especially hard when we get far and have dug up most of the world and have very intricate mines such as I do I've lost my entire inventory several times but didn't loose anything too rare just some tools and heels materials since I either died on my way back to were I died or being unable to find the spot my stuff landed sometimes it's in the dark down a deep hole thus impossible to find so maybe add a map and a locator type waypoint that shows the general area and has an arrow that could lead us back since sometimes I get totally lost in my complex massive mines.

Short list of bugs & a request for update

Fix mobs spawning in sealed homes
Fix mobs spawning in glass only houses
Fix items being randomly lost
Fix loosing items in chest when we die
And loosing items for dying period since it's hard enough to try and find them especially later on in the game & the more we play the harder it gets to find again which leads me to my request
Request a waypoint arrow and marker on the zoom feature that shows exact within a few blocks where exactly we died
Request a map or ability to craft a map that would allow us to add waypoint markers for coming back to a spot later when inventory is too full or we run out of materials and must return home the map would help get us back to that spot again much easier and less frustrating.
Map could also show exactly where we dropped all our stuff when we died to.
Request for more crafting items for all items to be used such as treasure be smelted down and made into tools or other trinkets
Request for every craftable item and variation of each item to be included in crafting book
( I have so many items such as feathers for example or intestines or guts that I keep collecting just in case I find a use for them)
Request for useless items that can't be used for anything at all such as feathers be described as not used for crafting when we use the magnifier symbol to read description of an item it should let us know what items should bs saved and what to throw away to save valuable inventory or crate space.

And that's about it for now all I can think of as needed features and updates but I've also got a few request further in the future that would add icing to the cake and make the game more fun such as multiplayer or being able to share worlds
Quest and objectives such as adding NPC's that could give us a quest to do basically an adventure mode
Request for the crafting book to have an end page or for the game to let us know somehow that we have completed the crafting book or found all the pages as I've stopped finding pages for my book for quite some time now it's been over a month since I've found a recipe and all the last ones I did find were all for food and cooking only. But it feels incomplete as there are many items I've had to discover how to build on my own by experimenting
Request for diamonds to be used for more then making treasure blocks and bs used for making tools and stronger items. Maybe even add some new crafts and stronger then mithril tools. (not a big fan of the green color of mithril) maybe make dyes applicable to tools and other items like furniture or being able to use different color wool for crafting furniture.
And finally request for recharging health in peaceful mode.

I'll go add all these request to that thread as well. Thanks other then that amazing and great addicting game greatjob.

AlexVolk

PostSat Jun 16, 2012 11:17 pm

*sigh* You copied that, didn't you? Please move this post to a new topic, TF, or TD, or anyone else.
And by the way... tl;dr
"I have the final say."

When you kill one, it is a tragedy. But when you kill 10 million? It is a statistic.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VEBAIZs5ES0 My theme song.

pebble225

PostSun Nov 25, 2012 2:49 am

TwelveFoot wrote:Yes, it says the version on the main menu.
And we're in 1.0.5 right now...

1.2.2 -_-
You hear something on the internet and take it offensivley...

YOU MUST BE NEW HERE!!!

TwelveFoot

PostSun Nov 25, 2012 2:53 am

Yes, 1.2.2 now.
But when I posted that it was 1.0.5 -_-
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
3. Who is John Galt?
Next

Return to Report Bugs