• We need your support! 

Crashes on start, iPhone 3g

This forum is intended to speak about code bugs and crashes
  • Author
RobinRe123

Re: Crashes on start, iPhone 3g

PostMon Jul 23, 2012 7:32 am

gadasiu wrote:jnswhat? Censore killed your post. xD

You know what he means. I********s. But I dont wanna talk about this.
If you need help, you can send me a PM. I will do my best to answer your questions :)

gadasiu

PostMon Jul 23, 2012 8:05 am

SamF1sh wrote:Jailbreak can cause problems, but is probably worth it.

I know that, but as I said there are just 2 apps that crash for me, while they should work.
I just discovered that Draw Something crashes just like JJ does. 10 secs of loading, and crash.
There should be some fix for that, I'd really love to play JJ :/

RobinRe123

PostMon Jul 23, 2012 9:24 am

As Jack stated before, there is nothing they can do about it at the moment. If you want to play Junk Jack without any problems, then the only solution is to remove the jailbreak (or all unimportant tweaks)
If you need help, you can send me a PM. I will do my best to answer your questions :)

gadasiu

PostMon Jul 23, 2012 10:07 am

Yesterday, I have removed ALL tweaks from my phone via Cydia, reinstalled the app - it didn't helped me.
I have also tried to remove a file tweak, so my springboard won't crash from time to time from N82AP.plist file(<key>opengles-2</key><true/>) - haven't helped either.
I'm gonna try to remember what file modifications have I used, and remove those aswell. There MUST be some way to fix it.
I just wish someone with Jailbreak could respond and tell what tweaks/apps they have installed.

RobinRe123

PostMon Jul 23, 2012 11:42 am

Try to disable every single feature that could decrease the overall performance of your iDevice.
Especially disable the spotlight feature (this increases the overall performance) and activate the airplane mode.

After that, restart the iDevice.

If that doesnt help, restore your iDevice via iTunes and configure it as a new device. Make sure to save the Junk Jack worlds on your PC before that.

gadasiu

PostMon Jul 23, 2012 12:03 pm

I tried the "Safe Mode" which disables ALL addons/mobilesubstrates, with no luck in JJ. :c
I'm gonna try this + airplane mode though.
I'd prefer to not restore, since I would have to do the Jailbreak anyway - I want to be able to use my phone as phone, not as iPod. :p
And I don't have any worlds, I just discovered this game while looking for some Terraria guides. I have never managed to launch it.

=EDITEDIT=
MANAGED TO RUN IT :D
Downloaded Crash Reporter and found out this:|
Open Spoiler
Application Specific Information:
Junk Jack failed to launch in time

I googled a little, and on some forum found a "work-around" for this problem (This topic, in THIS post.)
So I tried once to launch it, locked the device, unlocked it and waited. It crashed. I thought 'meh it won't work, it would be too easy'. Well, ~30 mins later I tried again, this time though - locked and unlocked my phone TWICE, aaand then I saw this gorgeous menu :D
Open Spoiler

I haven't removed any Cydia tweak at all, I have my phone on 'normal' mode with everything like usual.

RobinRe123

PostMon Jul 23, 2012 3:27 pm

Cool that it works now. But turning on Airplane Mode should normally help as well :)

gadasiu

PostMon Jul 23, 2012 3:36 pm

I tried with Airplane Mode, but it doesn't help me. The only way I managed to launch it is with blocking/unblocking it.
Wish it worked without playing around with locking it though. :/
Still, I'm glad I can enjoy the game that everyone on this forum does :D

RobinRe123

PostMon Jul 23, 2012 3:41 pm

Enjoy the game then :). The next update also improves the loading time I think. So this should definitely help then.

BlazesLab

PostMon Jul 23, 2012 7:17 pm

Bit Off Topic But My Ipod Touch 2g Crashes On Start.

gadasiu

PostMon Jul 23, 2012 7:43 pm

It's not offtopic, we actually have same specs. iPod Touch 2g = iPhone 3g :p
Try this: turn it on and when you see the loading screen, lock your device for ~5 seconds. Then unlock it and wait for the game to load. It works for me, should work for you :p

Brawlbro1

PostTue Jul 24, 2012 6:48 am

Jailbreaking your device has nothing to do with the apps crashing. You probably installed a tweak or did some modifications to your device that caused the app to not launch. Even if you disable all your mobilesubstrate addons, remove all your tweaks, or enter safe mode, it wouldn't do anything until you set your device back to its original settings. Basically have the tweaks installed and set it back the way it used to be when you first installed it. This is rare, but there are some tweaks that don't remove the modifications after uninstalling it.

Example: I installed a tweak that enabled gestures on the iPod touch. After removing it the feature was still enabled. Installing it again and disabling it fixed the problem.

It could also be that your device ran out of ram and crashed. My comment probably doesn't matter because you already fixed it. Usually reinstalling the app fixes the crashing.

I'm using a 2G on 4.2.1, jailbroken with sn0wbreeze and I have never experienced any problems with Junk Jack. I'm curious to know if you bought the legitimate version or not? That could have been the problem.

gadasiu

PostTue Jul 24, 2012 9:13 am

I'm not that crazy to look for support on a forum without a legitimate version. o_o
I did found a 'work-around', but it doesn't mean the problem is fixed. And I'm sure it's not a ram problem, since I'm having about 45mb's of it before launching, and right after crash, I have around 20mb's of ram.
I haven't installed any of such tweaks, the only one thing that haven't been removed after deleting it via Cydia was Game Center, but I did removed all traces of it from my phone.

Brawlbro1

PostTue Jul 24, 2012 9:36 am

I don't want to go any further about this when you already solved it. I could easily think of other possibilities if I wanted to.

I'll bet you if you asked the forum members to post a screenshot of their Junk Jack iTunes receipt, probably half of them won't have it or anyway of proving that they purchased Junk Jack.

Jack

PostTue Jul 24, 2012 11:34 pm

Assuming that you bought it the main prolem is that the 3g is the less powerful model that Junk Jack supports, it has slow CPU and really not that much RAM, the loading time is quite long on such older devices that together with the jailbreak (which implicitly lowers performance) can bring everything to this.

Good news is that I optimized the bootup time and with 1.2 will need like 30% of 1.1 time (and much less RAM peak) so it will probably run fine even with the jailbreak once it' released :)
PreviousNext

Return to Report Bugs