Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

>> LOSING STUFF <<

This forum is intended to speak about code bugs and crashes
  • Author
Deaderic

Re: >> LOSING STUFF <<

PostThu Nov 17, 2011 2:59 am

Well that sucks, just lost my whole inventory that I had accumulated over hours of dismantling a Mayan underground section and hell section...

Went to access a chest to unload my inventory, game crashed and when I restarted my whole inventory was wiped.

Lost hundreds of coal/wood/stone, not to mention the middle section of an Egyptian statue, gold tools, rare Mayan stone blocks (swirly ones and spiral ones), skeleton pieces, hell stone blocks...

**UPDATE**: All of my achievements were reset too
Last edited by Deaderic on Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brionkendo

PostThu Nov 17, 2011 3:34 am

Jack wrote:It's already fixed, we're testing it right now and we'll soon send it to Apple :)

Sorry for that, you have to understand that I'm the only coder so I need some time to figure out things and whatever even if I'm fully immersed into Junk Jack.

I can understand your frustration :(

You rock man! :hail: hopefully there will be a lot less complaining when the fix rolls out for us 2g 3g people. I'm excited to play! :rock:

andsoitgoes

PostThu Nov 17, 2011 7:01 am

Sigh

I had the exact same situation happen. I am honestly wondering if I should wait until the update... =\

VirtualBoyFreak

PostThu Nov 17, 2011 7:38 am

My recommendation is to be patient. I stopped playing as soon as I read about the inventory loss, and waiting for an update. Look at it this way: the game has bugs and luckily the devs are looking into them, so just be patient. There are many other games which the devs don't fix and are full of bugs, such as Flatspace, Ultraviolet Dawn, Astro Ranch Pro... Just be happy that Junk Jack is amazing AND that it's being supported ;-)

Brionkendo

PostThu Nov 17, 2011 12:49 pm

Also be happy that you can actually play atm... there are a lot of us that cant even break blocks! So we are patiently waiting for this update. :rotfl2:

VirtualBoyFreak

PostSat Nov 19, 2011 1:49 am

Update is live :D unfortunately, it's too late here in Spain to try it now... I'll test it tomorrow. Thanks to the devs for taking care of all the issues so quickly.

VecTron5

PostMon Nov 21, 2011 6:47 am

I lost six hundred woods blocks, two hundred coal lumps, two dozen gold pieces, and fifty four wigets because of these delightfully random god damn crashes. My craft book an my achievements also reset.
He best part is, the crash happened when I was trying to back it up.

Is there any way for me to get my wares back, or will I have to dig up ANOTHER ENTIRE FUCKING CONTINENT of soil to get them back myself?

Quinck

PostMon Nov 21, 2011 6:54 am

VecTron5 wrote:I lost six hundred woods blocks, two hundred coal lumps, two dozen gold pieces, and fifty four wigets because of these delightfully random god damn crashes. My craft book an my achievements also reset.
He best part is, the crash happened when I was trying to back it up.

Is there any way for me to get my wares back, or will I have to dig up ANOTHER ENTIRE FUCKING CONTINENT of soil to get them back myself?

Try to click on restore items in the options tab and let me know what happens. Sorry for your loss.

Be sure to check out my Pixel Art made in Junk Jack here: viewtopic.php?t=929

VecTron5

PostMon Nov 21, 2011 5:25 pm

nope. restore items did nothing.

Dusk

PostWed Nov 23, 2011 4:27 am

I just experienced this on the latest update too. I was playing in the morning and now that I started the app again, my whole inventory is gone! Right after I had finally found some mythiril! Is there anyway to get all my stuff back?

Cent

PostFri Nov 25, 2011 12:52 am

Same here, i didnt lose THAT much but im prolly not going to play for a LONG time due to this. i wanted to build so bad and i lost all my materials :*(

VecTron5

PostFri Nov 25, 2011 6:43 pm

Use the backup>store>quit>restore items cheats to get back what you lost.

mysteries1011

PostSun Dec 04, 2011 7:47 am

Every time I go into the junk jack game I can be on the game for about for seconds then crashes and going back to the main screen then when I reboot my world everything I've done in those seconds is erased and also when I try to use chests the game also crashes please help or I won't be able to play junk jack

malohkan

PostMon Jan 30, 2012 2:21 pm

I just bought the game today, and have had 10+ crashes within an hour on my iPhone 4. The backup feature "helps" but I find that sometimes I'll crash within 5 minutes of my last backup. I'll restore from backup, then crash again within 5 minutes. It's making me crazy. Probably the most unstable app/game I've purchased at this price point of $3. It seems like the stick posts and change logs are about 2 or more months old, so I'm guessing development is slow. I gotta say I'm not having a good first impression. Should I try to get a refund?

TwelveFoot

PostMon Jan 30, 2012 2:33 pm

The stickies are old because there is no need to update them.
The changelog was actually updated a day or two ago.
I'm sorry for your problems, mine only crashes once a day at most.

You could try reinstalling the app. Check the link in my signature for instructions on how to backup to iTunes so that you won't lose anything when you delete/reinstall the app.

TwelveFoot
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
2. The world is big, 256 blocks high and 768 across.
3. Who is John Galt?
4. Lack of objection does not indicate consent.
5. We scream, we shout, we wail, we cry; but in the end we all must die.
PreviousNext

Return to Report Bugs