Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Lava.....and no backup

This is the general forum concerning Junk Jack
  • Author
Papahbear

Lava.....and no backup

PostSun Sep 01, 2013 9:22 pm

A warning. I have been keeping a bucket of lava with me. It's handy for clearing out mobs before you enter an area if you aren't concerned with collecting mob bits. I've had an accident or two but easy to recover if your quick about it. I traveled back to my base and didnt realize I still had the lava bucket selected. Instead of opening my top chest...it ran down through all my levels of chests, down the stairs, through my library and wiped out my gardening chests. In two seconds I lost every bit of metal, jewels, crafting stations, addons, and PORTAL PIECES...I had four. Unlike the original junk jack, there is no backup feature. Powering off my iPad didnt work. I have to start over and my fingers are numb.

Consider this a learning moment. I'm going to watch TV.

SollyStartles

Re: Lava.....and no backup

PostSun Sep 01, 2013 9:25 pm

welcome to the forums!

and yeah, expect stuff like that to happen. but it makes it more fun and makes you search in caves for that stuff again. thats the beauty of failing hard. ^~^
Sincerely, Solly.

-
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Find me on...

Steam | Skype | Youtube
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Chris

PostSun Sep 01, 2013 9:25 pm

Aww, sorry to hear that.
FOLLOW & CONTACT ME ON TWITTER
1,400+ days on the forum, and with Junk Jack coming to PC I'll be on almost every day now!
AGE POLL
PIE

C.Hannum

PostSun Sep 01, 2013 11:40 pm

First, yes, sorry that happened, I would be extremely upset if that happened and be taking a break myself.

That said, omg, most awesome in-game report I've read yet. I'm picturing the scene in Alien when they cut into the face hugger and the acid starts eating through multiple decks. Really didn't expect anything in this game to have that sort of a dynamic effect.

SollyStartles

PostMon Sep 02, 2013 12:39 am

^^^^
Sincerely, Solly.

-
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Find me on...

Steam | Skype | Youtube
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Lemoncreme

PostMon Sep 02, 2013 1:09 am

That sucks!
ImageImageImageImage

Ravenblack

PostMon Sep 02, 2013 1:37 am

Ugh. sorry.

I had looked for the convenient backup feature that was part of the original because I think this is something that could happen to me too. Surprised it's not there.

TwelveFoot

PostMon Sep 02, 2013 2:11 am

The backup feature in JJ1 was actually only meant to be used if the game crashed.
It wasn't originally intended to be used to duplicate items, or be a convenient way to get your items back after you die.
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
2. The world is big, 256 blocks high and 768 across.
3. Who is John Galt?
4. Lack of objection does not indicate consent.
5. We scream, we shout, we wail, we cry; but in the end we all must die.

Papahbear

PostMon Sep 02, 2013 6:46 am

I managed to recover quite well. Still not back to where I was but I found two more portal bits. How do those go together anyway?
Learned how to encrust tools while I was at it

Then...and I can only blame this on being really tired and acting all OCD about this...I mean really.. Can't I just leave a bit of fallen dirt just once and it not bug me? That's why I had another, second, lava bucket accident. It has nothing to do with gross negligence or stupidity on my part. Honest. This time I only lost my wardrobe. My cool biker jacket...whaaaa! Ill find another. I hope. I better!

I did discover metal chests don't go "poof, fizzle" the instant they get hit like shelves and wooden chests do. I wasn't willing to sacrifice a trunk to see how long it will last though. At least not yet. When I get all my shit back, maybe.

I'm really liking the lack of a backup to be honest. Sword of Fargol is one of the most maddening and most satisfying games I've ever played. You die, your dead. Game over. That hurts after spending weeks, getting the damn sword, running like mad up 20 levels with every mob in pursuit, only to get killed by a single zap from that %^£%&@ wizard two levels from the door. It took me three insane months to win. I FRIGGIN WON! I can't describe the joy and satisfaction. My Gawd the noise I made when I won! Neighbors gawked and dogs howled. Ill never play that damn game again.

Return to General