Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

-->>Duplication and HEXing Warning<<--

This is the general forum concerning Junk Jack
  • Author
Multipackwolf

Re: -->>Duplication and HEXing Warning<<--

PostTue Sep 03, 2013 12:25 am

Hey Lumber.. Could you remove some things from your signature.. It's rather big.
Steam | Discord - Multarix#1337
Warframe | Hammerhead of <Space Shark Incorporated> | Multarix
Black Desert (NA, UNO) | GM of <Aggro> | Indus

Multipackwolf

PostFri Sep 06, 2013 8:55 am

I don't know who reported the above post, But I love you!
And as for your no hidden section, Shove it:
Open Spoiler

LIMBOromp

PostFri Sep 06, 2013 9:15 am

Wow that's too many steps. Tooo much effort.
Well since the duping step is out there, why not just patch on next update to prevent from happening. Deny cloned adventure maps from being used in the same device. Junk Jack x can use a unique ID system for save files - prevent that user from having 2 unique ID in the same file ( so only 1 exist at all time ). This can be done easily - random generated ID per save file for that device..

Anyway, I for one do not care of how people play this game. It does not ruin my experience as I only play with my myself and my daughter. If this was an MMO my opinion would be different - duping powerful weps and armor - indestructible in PVP ( ruin other's fun experience ). Non-legit can not affect the gameplay of a legit player in Junk Jack x.
The only thing that duping affect is people's state of mind. They do not like the idea of someone having more through a different method. Cheating? ( hate this word ) we all paid 5$ for this game. As long as they do not hinder or disrupt someone else's experience then who are we to judge.

Just my 2 cent.

Shaun

PostFri Sep 06, 2013 9:18 am

And this is why people start flame wars over this.
Idiots like you Ruin the game. Get a life and stop being a troll.
Plus, why would we think about you at night or while we are Playing JJX? Im pretty sure we dont think about no lifers that try to ruin games for the heck of it. Your trying to think yourself important by saying we would think about a Douche bag that has no friends in real life.
Last edited by Shaun on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Multipackwolf

PostFri Sep 06, 2013 9:23 am

LIMBOromp wrote:Wow that's too many steps. Tooo much effort.
Well since the duping step is out there, why not just patch on next update to prevent from happening. Deny cloned adventure maps from being used in the same device. Junk Jack x can use a unique ID system for save files - prevent that user from having 2 unique ID in the same file ( so only 1 exist at all time ). This can be done easily - random generated ID per save file for that device..

Anyway, I for one do not care of how people play this game. It does not ruin my experience as I only play with my myself and my daughter. If this was an MMO my opinion would be different - duping powerful weps and armor - indestructible in PVP ( ruin other's fun experience ). Non-legit can not affect the gameplay of a legit player in Junk Jack x.
The only thing that duping affect is people's state of mind. They do not like the idea of someone having more through a different method. Cheating? ( hate this word ) we all paid 5$ for this game. As long as they do not hinder or disrupt someone else's experience then who are we to judge.

Just my 2 cent.

I understand what you are saying, I my self am a HEXer, but I ask you not to give out duped/ hexed items in Multiplayer.
Pixbits do not wish for the game to become like JJ. It's more of an issue now there is multiplayer. If you read the first post, I said telling you not to dupe would be pointless, but don't tell anyone else how to.

Oh and +1 Shaun. But edit out the part about duping will ya?

Shaun

PostFri Sep 06, 2013 9:33 am

Done. Overall I think he should
Open Spoiler

Multipackwolf

PostFri Sep 06, 2013 9:47 am

I'm not gonna lie.. I do find that funny :asd:
And this is the exact reason why we need a Aussie moderator, It's gonna be about 5 hours before a current moderator shows up..

Shaun

PostFri Sep 06, 2013 10:47 am

Haha! You find that funny :D
Yeah. I agree :sisi:
They should look into it.

TwelveFoot

PostSat Sep 07, 2013 1:11 am

LIMBOromp wrote:Wow that's too many steps. Tooo much effort.
Well since the duping step is out there, why not just patch on next update to prevent from happening. Deny cloned adventure maps from being used in the same device. Junk Jack x can use a unique ID system for save files - prevent that user from having 2 unique ID in the same file ( so only 1 exist at all time ). This can be done easily - random generated ID per save file for that device.

That wouldn't fix it.
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
2. The world is big, 256 blocks high and 768 across.
3. Who is John Galt?
4. Lack of objection does not indicate consent.
5. We scream, we shout, we wail, we cry; but in the end we all must die.

MinerJack

PostSat Sep 07, 2013 2:33 am

Time to get my billion tnt... I was thinking the other day. I should fill a world with tnt, write a sign near spawn saying Bye!, and blow the world up.
CRACKY IS WACKY!

Piano

PostSat Sep 07, 2013 3:53 am

Even if the developers don't want to see things like this on the forums, exactly what action can they take if someone decides to give this information out in another place? While some people may not like the way others play the game, as long as they aren't bothering anyone, it shouldn't matter. Editing the game files isn't illegal, it's just looked down upon. Nobody really has any right to ask not to release any kind of how-to/tutorial when it's free information. Not to mention, a simple google search can tell you what hexidecimal is, and how to work with it. It isn't like this is any kind of secret.

It's entirely up to the player how they want to play the game, and it's entirely up to the player if they want to take duplicated items from another player whether it's clearly visible that the items were legitimately obtained or not. If the developers dislike it, it's up to them to take preventative measures in order to fix the problem. If the players don't like it, it's their choice whether they want to associate people who do whatever they please with a game they paid for.

If it were this big of a problem, the developers, or even moderators, could ban people who are well known to play the game like this, including those who willingly admit to doing so. There's no real way to know who's giving this information away, and it would be hard to prove if anyone were using this method in game unless they made it blatantly obvious. That goes for anyone here, whether they claim to play the game legitimately or not.

Margot1759

PostSat Sep 07, 2013 3:55 am

:sisi: well said my friend :)
margot
GC: Margot.1759

TwelveFoot

PostSat Sep 07, 2013 4:48 am

Hi Piano!

As, I think, I've said before.
As long as you don't dupe a bunch of sticky bombs and go crazy in someone's world, or give out free "rare" items to everyone; I don't care what you do.
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
2. The world is big, 256 blocks high and 768 across.
3. Who is John Galt?
4. Lack of objection does not indicate consent.
5. We scream, we shout, we wail, we cry; but in the end we all must die.

Multipackwolf

PostSat Sep 07, 2013 8:14 am

:asd: The way I see it, if you giving out a load of mithril, it's boarder line, since it's actually easier to get.
Give out a bunch of titanium, that's a no-no. Give out a bunch of wood, Who the hell cares?
Previous

Return to General