Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Fans need to calm down about non legit players

This is the general forum concerning Junk Jack
  • Author
Steam_Pug

PostMon Sep 02, 2013 1:59 am

The title says all. Tell me what you think!
Steam Pug 4 life!

TwelveFoot

Re: Fans need to calm down about non legit players

PostMon Sep 02, 2013 2:04 am

Please define "fans" and "non-legit players".
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
2. The world is big, 256 blocks high and 768 across.
3. Who is John Galt?
4. Lack of objection does not indicate consent.
5. We scream, we shout, we wail, we cry; but in the end we all must die.

hunkyducky

PostMon Sep 02, 2013 2:18 am

"Fan" = Me.

Steam_Pug

PostMon Sep 02, 2013 2:24 am

Fans
People who are obsessed

Non legit players
People who HEX and dupe and crap like that
Steam Pug 4 life!

unfaithful p1nkbr0

PostMon Sep 02, 2013 2:27 am

i'm not upset with them. I don't really care either way. It's just not necessarily what the devs want! ;)
Intel i7 6700k, GTX 1080 FE, 16GB DDR4 RAM
Playing too much Junk Jack :B
Steam | Spotify

Diovivente

PostMon Sep 02, 2013 2:27 am

Dude. If you want to cheat and not play the game it was meant then go ahead (although what's the point in a game that's made for finding all that stuff, kinda defeats the purpose of the game).

I think most people's problem is that this is an online game and they don't want your cheating to mess up the market/availability of everything out there, thus making the game messed up on our end as well.

TwelveFoot

PostMon Sep 02, 2013 2:29 am

Correct. If you want to duplicate your items and take a good amount of the challenge and interest out of the game for yourself, feel free too. But keep your duplicated items out of multiplayer please.
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
2. The world is big, 256 blocks high and 768 across.
3. Who is John Galt?
4. Lack of objection does not indicate consent.
5. We scream, we shout, we wail, we cry; but in the end we all must die.

Multipackwolf

PostMon Sep 02, 2013 2:58 am

As I said in my Post :sisi: Don't let anyone in a non-legit world, don't give anyone non-legit items.
Steam | Discord - Multarix#1337
Warframe | Hammerhead of <Space Shark Incorporated> | Multarix
Black Desert (NA, UNO) | GM of <Aggro> | Indus

C.Hannum

PostMon Sep 02, 2013 1:22 pm

All of this falls under the aphorism, "be careful what you wish for".

Throughout the original JJ's history, requests for multiplayer were ubiquitous in reviews and on forums. Last Wed night people got what they had campaigned for... and soon realized it wasn't all rainbows and kittens.

The "please" at the end of Twelve Foot's post above mine is key, because the best that anyone who cares about this can hope for is they encounter people who, at the least, respect their wishes about duplicated items.

Without breaking a lot of good things, there is no way for Pixbits to stop duplication in single or multiplayer. The opportunity to do so exists in the game by design. Likewise, due to way the game is built, there is no functional difference between a cloned item and a crafted/found one, so no way for the game to detect such shenanigans, nor for players to distinguish between such items.

So, as the title says, fans need to calm down. If you are overly concerned with encountering worlds filled with duplicated rare and powerful items, don't take part in random multiplayer. If you're overly concerned with whether all of your items originated according to your concept of legitimate, don't trade or otherwise accept items from non-trusted players and only mine and gather on hosted worlds when they appear to be newly created for the multiplayer session. Above all, keep a lid on your self righteousness when we inevitably see people posting they're hosting a game on a "treasure map" where you spawn into a room full of antanium chests full of gems and titanium ingots and can fill your inventory with days worth of gathering in a couple of minutes, because that day is coming soon and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

SollyStartles

PostMon Sep 02, 2013 2:36 pm

Diovivente wrote:Dude. If you want to cheat and not play the game it was meant then go ahead (although what's the point in a game that's made for finding all that stuff, kinda defeats the purpose of the game).

I think most people's problem is that this is an online game and they don't want your cheating to mess up the market/availability of everything out there, thus making the game messed up on our end as well.

i agree. :sisi:
welcome to the forums. :byebye:
Sincerely, Solly.

-
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Find me on...

Steam | Skype | Youtube
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

SollyStartles

PostMon Sep 02, 2013 2:37 pm

im searching for the Library Set, Prison Set, etc. they are mostly gonna be in biome chests. i could really judt duplicate all my keys, but i decide not to. it makes the game more fun searching for what you need! :D
Sincerely, Solly.

-
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Find me on...

Steam | Skype | Youtube
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Stuart98

PostMon Sep 02, 2013 3:59 pm

Now that's all well and good Hannum, but when someone duplicates or hexes in stack upon stack of big sticky bombs and then griefs a ton of worlds, it's no longer just trying to get items for your building project and is now destroying what other players have put hours of work into... without having to work for it at all. This is unacceptable.
Thanks, Stuart98.
i AREZ AN GRAMMER nAZI!!
Patience. Patience people.
Proud ingredient in Su Tarts. :sisi:
Ask me if you need anything. Whatever it is, I can probably take care of it.

exovette

PostMon Sep 02, 2013 4:18 pm

All in all, there's always going to be something that will have that one person that ruins it for everyone. My suggestion is to know the people that you want to play multi with, don't just trust anyone that you see on GameCenter. That's my 2 cents, whether or not it's valuable to anyone else. :)
MacBook Pro - Mid-2015 - 13"
iPad Pro - 128GB - 12.9" - iOS 9.3.2
iPhone 6s plus - 128GB - iOS 9.3.2
Black Stainless Apple Watch

Don't doubt what you can't prove.

C.Hannum

PostMon Sep 02, 2013 5:36 pm

Stuart98 wrote:This is unacceptable.

No, this is unfortunate, this is aggravating, this is frustrating, but "unacceptable"? No. You kind of must accept the reality of it because you cannot change that reality and neither can Pixbits without rebuilding their game from the ground up for secure multiplayer experiences, and that requires mandatory online connections to their servers, no sharing of worlds, completely different data structures, etc..

Since that's not going to happen, not accepting it is simply setting yourself up to be even further angered and frustrated.

unfaithful p1nkbr0

PostMon Sep 02, 2013 5:45 pm

C.Hannum wrote:
Stuart98 wrote:This is unacceptable.

No, this is unfortunate, this is aggravating, this is frustrating, but "unacceptable"? No. You kind of must accept the reality of it because you cannot change that reality and neither can Pixbits without rebuilding their game from the ground up for secure multiplayer experiences, and that requires mandatory online connections to their servers, no sharing of worlds, completely different data structures, etc..

Since that's not going to happen, not accepting it is simply setting yourself up to be even further angered and frustrated.

^ :sisi:
Intel i7 6700k, GTX 1080 FE, 16GB DDR4 RAM
Playing too much Junk Jack :B
Steam | Spotify

Return to General