Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Planet Progression Map

This is the general forum concerning Junk Jack
  • Author
Rippedorigami

Planet Progression Map

PostThu May 14, 2015 4:18 pm

How does the new feature work? Anyone tried it out yet?
Open Spoiler
Multipackwolf wrote:Hey Twelve, wanna do a Bluetooth game? :asd:
TwelveFoot wrote:
Sure Becky, just let me hook the bluetooth chip in my iPod up to this huge satellite dish so it'll transmit to the other side of the world.

The ants go marching on

DesertEagleHD

• Location: in a room, in a house, united states, planet earth, somewhere in space

Junk jack universe

PostThu May 14, 2015 7:04 pm

So their seems to be a new planet called Thetis, you can read where pixbits is at right now here https://pixbits.wordpress.com
A true member of the JJ Hitman Group "X"

LordModz

Re: Junk jack universe

PostThu May 14, 2015 9:28 pm

Sooo, I did a Google search on the name & it's Greek.. going by the meaning of the name, I am assuming it's going to be a water world :dunno: :dunno:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/thetis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thetis
Last edited by LordModz on Thu May 14, 2015 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GC: LordModz
Steam: LordModz1
Discord: LordModz#3398
KIk: 227WeedRooller420

yikems

Re: Junk jack universe

PostThu May 14, 2015 9:32 pm

cross platform.. score!... also alot more worlds.. HELL YEAH.. Getting mad excited.. im ready to go.. great work pixbits.. :rock: :love: :hail:
GC: yikems
KiK: Yikem

Imthedci

Re: New planet map feature!

PostFri May 15, 2015 12:45 am

Rippedorigami wrote:How does the new feature work? Anyone tried it out yet?

You mean the star map on the Pixbits blog? I don't think any of that stuff is actually in game yet. Although it does look cool.

TwelveFoot

PostFri May 15, 2015 1:12 am

From what I understand the map isn't a new feature. You'll still travel planet to planet with portals, just like now. The map is just showing the progression "you find Seth pieces in Terra..."
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
2. The world is big, 256 blocks high and 768 across.
3. Who is John Galt?
4. Lack of objection does not indicate consent.
5. We scream, we shout, we wail, we cry; but in the end we all must die.

Flameofice

PostFri May 15, 2015 4:11 am

TwelveFoot is probably right: it's quite clear that this is just a means of representing progression. There's no reason for this to be implemented when portals already work fine as-is.

However, it does put forward some interesting ideas:

- There's a new planet, called Thetis. As dug up by LordModz on another thread I'm too lazy to link to, Thetis is the name of the Greek goddess of water, so it will probably be some kind of water world. This is a rather interesting idea, for several reasons. For one thing, Alba already has a heavy water theme, since it has massive lakes, blue everywhere, and bubbly music. There's also the possibility ocean terrain being put forward, which is interesting and exciting and the same time considering planets don't have a lot of variation terrain-wise.

- The progression "pathway" doesn't appear to be linear. Does this mean that side planets like Yuca would be able to hold portal pieces to Magmar, Cryo, Lilith, and this unknown new planet? Could we be able to skip all the initial planets, other than Terra, that the game shipped with and go down an entirely new path of progression?

- And finally, there are three unknown planet outlines serving as placeholders on the starmap. That means we'll probably be getting four more new planets placed in various points in the game, which includes Thetis. Even bigger, there's a large chance that they could all be included in one update.

You heard it here, folks. Four new planets, colored lights, wiring, and a PC port. The Junk Jack X equivalent of Terraria's 1.2 update is coming.

It's fucking happening.

Mudkip45

Junk Jack X Universe Map!

PostFri May 15, 2015 5:28 am

So, I looked at the Development Blog at pixbits.wordpress.com, and it turns out there is a map of every one of the…worlds? (I don't know what to call 7 planets and a moon). It shows that there will be 4 new planets. With Terra leading to Seth and ???, leading to a new planet: Thetis (the Greek sea goddess, meaning it might have water as its only liquid, or maybe even a new liquid, considering its "liquid's" purple color), leading to Xeno and ???, leading to Lilith and ???, as shown below:

About Thetis, it could be released some time next month or July, since there is a new planet about every 6 months or so.
(Cryo: 12-13-13, Yuca: 7-23-14, Lilith: 12-19-14).

Anyway, I can't wait to see what these 11 planets and 1 moon (unless there's another moon, which is unlikely) will look like and what tracks or even different genres of music will be present on them!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Someone has sumstuff somewhere and stuffs it in stuff with something…
Junk Jack for Android: OUT NOW!!!

Stuff:
Crowdin: Mudkippz
GameCenter: StevenRamos438…wait, is this still even a thing?
DragCave: aMudkip

No draggin eggz! Click on nothing…or not

Dylan

Re: Junk Jack X Universe Map!

PostFri May 15, 2015 10:24 am

Interesting data, did you do this map yourself?
People are Food and Slime Engulfs them.
The M.O.B Scientist
Looking for a Friend to Play With on Steam

TwelveFoot

Re: Planet Progression Map

PostFri May 15, 2015 11:42 am

Flameofice wrote:- The progression "pathway" doesn't appear to be linear. Does this mean that side planets like Yuca would be able to hold portal pieces to Magmar, Cryo, Lilith, and this unknown new planet? Could we be able to skip all the initial planets, other than Terra, that the game shipped with and go down an entirely new path of progression?

- And finally, there are three unknown planet outlines serving as placeholders on the starmap. That means we'll probably be getting four more new planets placed in various points in the game, which includes Thetis. Even bigger, there's a large chance that they could all be included in one update.

- If you look closely you'll see little lines indicating that you have two choices from each planet (except Seth and ???)

- Four planets in one update? Nah.

(merged threads)
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
3. Who is John Galt?

Multipackwolf

PostFri May 15, 2015 11:50 am

Flameofice wrote:You heard it here, folks. Four new planets, colored lights, wiring, and a PC port. The Junk Jack X equivalent of Terraria's 1.2 update is coming.

4 Planets in one update?
Unlikely.

Colored lights, wiring and a PC port all at once?
Who said anything about that all happening at once?
Steam | Discord - Multarix#3888
Warframe | Hammerhead of <Space Shark Incorporated> | Multarix
Black Desert (NA, UNO) | Officer of <Aggro> | Indus
Revelation Online (NA, Snowpine) | Chairperson of <Skywhale> | RNGesus

mastery51

PostFri May 15, 2015 5:39 pm

Well I got to agree, this is probably not a new feature selection menu or something like that. I think it is mainly for display on Steam Green Light and to share upcoming planets and further mystery planets. However,it could probably be used in game as just a Progression map to show what planets you have discovered so far and where to go to discover the next. Basically For new players who are unfamiliar to the game.

The button to display this map could be in the world selection area of the game. :dunno:

Anyway I am kinda noticing the map is displaying the planets background nebulas next to the planets. One of the mystery planets has little asteroids of some kind floating around it. Hmm maybe that one will be some sort of dwarf planet aka giant asteroid. Just a guess :asd: . There are many discussion on this forum that suggest new planets and one suggestion being an asteroid. An Asteroid planet I think is a cool idea and a interesting change just like the moon Lilith.
Seeking Knowledge & Adventure
~Moderator~

Imthedci

PostFri May 15, 2015 8:09 pm

This makes me wonder why Seth and Thetis are the only worlds with a single "exit". I mean even Terra has two portals from it... There's gotta be something special with those two worlds. (Or maybe I'm mearly reading between lines that don't exist :rolleyes: )

What if when you first start an adventure there's a linear path to the worlds, but then you can unlock paths to other worlds after finding a certain something? (i.e. you can only find Seth portal pieces on Terra at first, but then you find an object on Seth that causes Thetis portal pieces to spawn on Terra) Make sense? Or a bit too complicated?

TwelveFoot

PostFri May 15, 2015 11:14 pm

Imthedci wrote:What if when you first start an adventure there's a linear path to the worlds, but then you can unlock paths to other worlds after finding a certain something? (i.e. you can only find Seth portal pieces on Terra at first, but then you find an object on Seth that causes Thetis portal pieces to spawn on Terra) Make sense? Or a bit too complicated?

A bit too complicated. You might have to generate a new Terra world after unlocking the alternate path.
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
3. Who is John Galt?

Mudkip45

Re: Junk Jack X Universe Map!

PostSat May 16, 2015 12:53 am

Dylan wrote:Interesting data, did you do this map yourself?

No, it was on pixbits.wordpress.com, the Junk Jack Develop Blog.
Someone has sumstuff somewhere and stuffs it in stuff with something…
Junk Jack for Android: OUT NOW!!!

Stuff:
Crowdin: Mudkippz
GameCenter: StevenRamos438…wait, is this still even a thing?
DragCave: aMudkip

No draggin eggz! Click on nothing…or not
Next

Return to General