Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Why Junk Jack Gets Boring Fast

This is the general forum concerning Junk Jack
  • Author
Dunn17

Why Junk Jack Gets Boring Fast

PostFri Dec 09, 2016 3:37 am

One reason I only play this game for 2 months at a time is because it's too much of a grind. Take terraria for example. It's not too long before making promise or finding something of value. Junk jacks mining is very slow and it's very hard to find ore now after a few updates. Grinding is repetitive and boring. The building in junk jack also got pretty tedious. It's very hard to place things where you want, especially with the new lighting system where you need light to place something, even another torch. I do see the game making progress and I love it, I think the iOS edition should be abandoned for awhile though. I know that's the roots but the PC version can go so much further. I love the new updates on steam but making mining slower was a step back for sure. Always rooting for you Pixbits

Edit: Also killing mobs is tedious with the new combat system and I feel that they're too powerful. Also the spawns are a little messed up but I think that's something they're fixing
Last edited by Dunn17 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam: dunn17
Xbox GT: FAZE420DINGUS

Multipackwolf

Re: Why Junk Jack Gets Boring Fast

PostFri Dec 09, 2016 5:36 am

You should play an MMO if you think Junk Jack is a grind. Especially black desert. In 2 months starting fresh, you won't even be within 100 gear score of your average player that has been lifeskilling since day one.
Steam | Discord - Multarix#9461
Warframe | Clan Leader of <Wolfish> | Multarix
Black Desert (NA, UNO) | Officer of <DeathParade> | Kookaburra
Revelation Online (NA, Snowpine) | Frostfang Envoy of <GotitCoach> | RNGesus

Dunn17

PostFri Dec 09, 2016 4:14 pm

Multipackwolf wrote:You should play an MMO if you think Junk Jack is a grind. Especially black desert. In 2 months starting fresh, you won't even be within 100 gear score of your average player that has been lifeskilling since day one.

But Junk Jack isn't an MMO, so i shouldn't need to grind. I like some MMOS but that grinding is a bit different

AFanOfStuff

PostFri Dec 09, 2016 5:04 pm

Have you not considered that maybe Junk Jack just isn't the right type of game for you then?
:yawn:

Lightbulb

PostFri Dec 09, 2016 10:19 pm

I think thats the essence of junk jack. Junk jack has a pretty simplistic gameplay that quicky becomes challenging when you start to gather the more important things such as ores and portal pieces. If you think the mobs are too difficult, theres the difficulty setting for you.
The only thing i would wish for junk jack in future versions are easier ways in things, instead of higher tier tools, like vehichles, home portal, and automation, but those are just personal preferences. Point is, junk jack would be different if the gamestyle would be changed, which is the last thing you want in a game (unless ofcourse, more people demands such a change)

Dunn17

PostSat Dec 10, 2016 4:46 am

AFanOfStuff wrote:Have you not considered that maybe Junk Jack just isn't the right type of game for you then?

Of course not. I've been playing ever since it came out. You're saying you can play junk jack on a regular basis and not get bored?

Sebine

PostSat Dec 10, 2016 5:22 am

Dunn17 wrote:
AFanOfStuff wrote:Have you not considered that maybe Junk Jack just isn't the right type of game for you then?

Of course not. I've been playing ever since it came out. You're saying you can play junk jack on a regular basis and not get bored?

You can get bored of anything from over playing

I'm well and done with Payday 2 for the moment, even tho they just released the Christmas 2016 Heist and it looks hilarious terms and conditions may apply Sadly, we're saddled with Vlads idiot brother-in-law, again, the drunken hosebag

JunkGilbert2

PostSat Dec 10, 2016 11:56 am

Dunn17 wrote:One reason I only play this game for 2 months at a time is because it's too much of a grind. Take terraria for example. It's not too long before making promise or finding something of value. Junk jacks mining is very slow and it's very hard to find ore now after a few updates. Grinding is repetitive and boring. The building in junk jack also got pretty tedious. It's very hard to place things where you want, especially with the new lighting system where you need light to place something, even another torch. I do see the game making progress and I love it, I think the iOS edition should be abandoned for awhile though. I know that's the roots but the PC version can go so much further. I love the new updates on steam but making mining slower was a step back for sure. Always rooting for you Pixbits

Edit: Also killing mobs is tedious with the new combat system and I feel that they're too powerful. Also the spawns are a little messed up but I think that's something they're fixing

I'm sorry but I don't agree that it can get boring fast.
I have played about 300 hours and I still enjoy it.

AFanOfStuff

PostSat Dec 10, 2016 6:17 pm

Dunn17 wrote:

Exactly what I am saying. I play it on a daily basis and do not get bored. I still stand by my point that Junk Jack may no longer be the game for you if you are getting bored playing it.
:yawn:

Return to General