• We need your support! 

Everything deleted!

This is the general forum concerning Junk Jack
  • Author
LuvableAzn

Everything deleted!

PostSat Apr 22, 2017 12:22 am

Please feel free to move this to an appropriate area :look:

So I use to play Junk Jack on my iPad daily. I put so much time into this game and was present on this forum with asking/answering questions and even opening a reagent shop that was pretty successful in my opinion. Anyways, life became busy with graduating, college, etc I stopped playing for a long time and didn't even have time to pick up my iPad (it was dead for over a year..)
Anyways, fast forward to about two weeks ago I was telling a friend about the game and unpacked the iPad and charged it up. Thankfully, the iPad worked and the game was there will all my content! All the costumes, rare items, rare fishes, armor, portals, etc were all there. My iPad did an update that night which updated my app and BAM, everything was erased.

Cruel tease to see all the nostalgia of this game and then it's gone. I haven't read any topics on this (I haven't really checked) but am going to after. Did this happen to anyone else? I've seen only one review of the update sharing my experience (and pain) lol.

Sucks to lose everything but I guess it's a new adventure :sbonk: :rotfl2:

mastery51

Re: Everything deleted!

PostSat Apr 22, 2017 1:28 am

This happen since 3.0 update. It was one of two choices, allow a free content update for costumers or sale a totally new game.
Here is the article.
https://pixbits.wordpress.com/2016/11/0 ... -appstore/
Seeking Knowledge & Adventure

LuvableAzn

PostSat Apr 22, 2017 1:39 am

Thanks for the article link. I'm glad they didn't change a whole bunch and the game is still similar to the way I remembered it. Just never thought I would use copper armor again.. :yawn:

TwelveFoot

PostSat Apr 22, 2017 2:21 am

Technically your files weren't deleted. They're still there, just not currently usable.
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
2. The world is big, 256 blocks high and 768 across.
3. Who is John Galt?
4. Lack of objection does not indicate consent.
5. We scream, we shout, we wail, we cry; but in the end we all must die.

LuvableAzn

PostSat Apr 22, 2017 6:22 am

I understand that now. It's a bittersweet adventure. Thanks guys for a better understanding :D

yikems

PostSat Apr 22, 2017 7:54 am

Yea this sucks.. i had it all.. but its what had to be done for bigger and better game..
GC: yikems
KiK: Yikem

LuvableAzn

PostSat Apr 22, 2017 6:14 pm

I feel the same way. I remember you guys from last time I was on the forums in 2014. I'm sure you all accumulated way more things than me lol.

Return to General