Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Next Major Update?

This is the general forum concerning Junk Jack
  • Author
squee420

Next Major Update?

PostWed May 24, 2017 6:22 am

Does anyone have any idea about what's being added to the next major update? Or when it's getting released?
I'm just wondering about new features or if you have any suggestions, post them here! I'm interested to hear what you would want added to the next update.

Rick9399

Re: Next Major Update?

PostWed May 24, 2017 8:31 am

Multiplayer for Android so people don't judge me when I take both my phones out at once. :)

EDIT: I didn't mean that I was going to play multiplayer by myself, but I would trade all my items over to my new phone so I wouldn't need my old phone anymore. That or being able to reach the save files in Android without rooting my phone. :D

squee420

PostWed May 24, 2017 9:45 am

That sounds fair enough! Perhaps we could trade for the pocket fox? After the update obviously. :asd:

BlackHawk

Next Major Update?

PostWed May 24, 2017 4:46 pm

Are the updates going to take three times as long as they used to because of the multiple platforms everyone's on? If so wouldn't that mean they will take at least a year to complete?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tye-Dye

PostWed May 24, 2017 5:02 pm

BlackHawk wrote:Are the updates going to take three times as long as they used to because of the multiple platforms everyone's on? If so wouldn't that mean they will take at least a year to complete?

I assume the code between platforms is very similar (hence why it took Jack & XsX a short time to port Junk Jack to PC & then to android) and also it seems similar enough to have worlds working between Steam & iOS junk jack. So rather than having to make the updates for 3 different games it would likely just be made for one game and then quickly ported to others.

But I am not a programmer so could be completely wrong, just going off the games development so far :)
I am Josh, I used to do YouTube over on TyeDyeVideos PM me for a prize on finding this!
"Blue, blue. You can't be happy unless you know happy-happyism."

Rick9399

PostWed May 24, 2017 5:59 pm

Tye-Dye wrote:
BlackHawk wrote:Are the updates going to take three times as long as they used to because of the multiple platforms everyone's on? If so wouldn't that mean they will take at least a year to complete?

I assume the code between platforms is very similar (hence why it took Jack & XsX a short time to port Junk Jack to PC & then to android) and also it seems similar enough to have worlds working between Steam & iOS junk jack. So rather than having to make the updates for 3 different games it would likely just be made for one game and then quickly ported to others.

But I am not a programmer so could be completely wrong, just going off the games development so far :)

Android worlds work on iOS and Steam too. :)

BlackHawk

Next Major Update?

PostWed May 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Well still waiting for them to update steam and iOS to android.......still waiting for those golem hearts and maul....

Rick9399

PostThu May 25, 2017 8:14 am

Just be patient, they are probably very busy.

Return to General