Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Hexing Discord Server

This is the general forum concerning Junk Jack

Should I create a Discord server for hexing?

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes : 9

• Author
WhiteFang

Hexing Discord Server

PostTue Jul 04, 2017 7:33 pm

I have looked through, over and over, player and world files and figured out how they work:
I plan on writing a few guides on how to apply some of my findings to worlds in the hopes and ideas of how to create adventure maps inside a Junk Jack hexing Discord server. Let me know what y'all think.

Things I have learned so far:
  • Player Gender
  • Player Skin Color
  • Player Hair Style
  • Player Hair Color
  • Player Options (Hardcore, Difficulty, etc.)
  • Player Health
  • Player Inventory System
  • Player Craft Book/Potion Book
  • Player Collections
  • Player Stats/Modifiers
  • World Game-mode Switching
  • World Planet Data
  • World Map Size
  • World Time of Day
  • World Weather
  • World Spawn Co-Ords
  • World Player Co-Ords
  • World Mobs
  • World Items in Chests
  • Item ID's
  • Item Durability
  • Item Mob ID's
  • Item Potion ID's
  • Item Encrusting
  • Item Stats/Modifiers

The last of the learning I need to do is blocks in world files, which seems to be the most chaotic one to figure out. So far all I've been able to manage is turning a piece of white wool to black wool.

Quick Note: The reason I see hexing as okay in the Junk Jack community is because as far as I can tell, the "economy" system is dead. You can pick and choose who to play with, so the idea of joining random people and trading is being dismissed. I see hexing as an okay idea as long as it is done in the hopes of good to come from it. I am very well aware that hexing is frowned upon by the public on these forums, but the question is why. This game and this forum are dying because of such absurdities. Modding shouldn't be frowned upon, but rather welcoming, this opens up a world of possibilities.

xXtcikotciXx

Re: Hexing Discord Server

PostWed Jul 05, 2017 9:47 am

lol files aren't even encrypted so it's f**king easy to do it lol .. even for a non-jb
GC: CmakLove

Noob iOS "Hacker".

AFanOfStuff

PostWed Jul 05, 2017 7:27 pm

xXtcikotciXx wrote:lol files aren't even encrypted so it's f**king easy to do it lol .. even for a non-jb

Sorry, Einstein, but some people aren't as smart as you. Let him do what he wants, your criticism is unneeded.
:yawn:

123outerme

PostWed Jul 05, 2017 8:14 pm

AFanOfStuff wrote:
xXtcikotciXx wrote:lol files aren't even encrypted so it's f**king easy to do it lol .. even for a non-jb

Sorry, Einstein, but some people aren't as "smart" as you. Let him do what he wants, your criticism is unneeded.

Fixed that for you. For real dude, guess what. People know the files aren't encrypted. People also know that they don't like people who make fun of their pastime. Chill out. No need to be smug.
GC: 123outerme | "If I'm not me, who's anybody?" - Me | 2nd Signature
123outerme wrote:Edit button. Top right corner. Use it.

a_stick

PostThu Aug 03, 2017 1:05 pm

WhiteFang is right in the fact that the game's economy is corrupt and utterly broken. The matter of the fact is that anyone could access the games files and start recognizing the patterns. As others do, I feel that opening the game up to modding could be an excellent solution to attracting new players. Many games benefit from doing this because 10 years after the fact, their communities still prosper. I think it would be great if there were a modding index on this forum like there is for Junk Jack Retro.
let gc = "a_stick"
let ign = "stick"
let discord = "stick#9145"

WhiteFang

PostFri Aug 18, 2017 7:38 pm

As the votes have come in - it seems I'll be making a Hexing Discord Server. Posting a link when I set it up!

Return to General