Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

What Happened?

This is the general forum concerning Junk Jack
  • Author
generousplant

What Happened?

PostSun Jul 09, 2017 11:23 pm

I wish Junk Jack was as popular as it used to be. This was one of my favorite games, and still is!

Who else still plays this game regularly?
I miss the old community and everyone who would live on this forum.

I hope that PixBits still updates JJ this year with seasonal updates like Thanksgiving and Christmas and Autumn.

I miss everyone and the community :(

WhiteFang

Re: What Happened?

PostMon Jul 10, 2017 1:17 am

In my opinion, Junk Jack is dying to to the lack of "light" the game has. Sure it has lots of rare items to find, but that doesn't interest everyone. IMO, if Pixbits really wants their game to pick up again, they need to allow access to the game's files for modding, re-igniting that spark.

DaFatCookie

PostMon Jul 10, 2017 2:14 am

:sisi: i still enjoy the game i go on it once in a while when i get bored it's still good to play if mod are to come i'd suggest having it like how Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+(BOI:AB+) has it where people make modded content on the Steam Workshop
people download those mods once downloaded achievements are disabled for obvious reasons of cheating with the mod, not only that but high rated mods that are both unique and viable to the game are implemented by devs good way of including the community in that way and expanding the game.

the mods that get implemented in BOI:AB+ are Item mods no mods that break the game or change the game in a huge way when they do release a mod update they implement multiple mods into the game favored by community and devs.
Junk Jack Steam
Im always lurking
STEAM(you can see if I'm online)
Open Spoiler

Multipackwolf

PostMon Jul 10, 2017 2:44 am

It's not really mods, it's lack of content updates, no offence to pixbits, because they have an amazing game. Sadly with minecraft and terraria being ported to iOS, Junk Jack lost its fame for being the only thing like it on the appstore, and now it's "just another sandbox game". The steam version helped but not really, the steam community was cancer before JJx was released, and they hate so many good games because they just want to call everything a "clone" just because they hear "sandbox".

Personally, I'd like to see developer interaction, something like a monthly or Bi-Monthly livestream, topics from pixbits to discuss ideas for their game and what they're working on. Stuff like this could be useful to show that Pixbits want to grow their game. From there they could reach out and do competitions, they could implement the modding stuff to draw in the older members who have "completed the game" already, mods would provide users with something else to do to keep them interested in the game.

Pixbits should also consider potential ad campaigns (Which is ironic because I hate ads). Better server support so people can host a world permanently along with a complete functional set of commands.

There is a lot that can be done to increase popularity, however it all takes time and money.
Steam | Discord - Multarix#3888
Warframe | Hammerhead of <Space Shark Incorporated> | Multarix
Black Desert (NA, UNO) | Officer of <Aggro> | Indus
Revelation Online (NA, Snowpine) | Chairperson of <Skywhale> | RNGesus

Xaphos

PostSun Jul 23, 2017 11:44 pm

Ah I remember those days.
Jack wrote:Xaphos is super cool! :rock:

XsX wrote: I agree! :approved:

R.I.P. Chocolate

a_stick

PostWed Jul 26, 2017 11:59 am

I think the best possible solution for this problem would be to release an update that includes NPCs that could trade and interact with you, more advanced and intricate structures (taller mountains, villages, castles, sky worlds, etc), and a server browser including a dedicated server software that could allow up to 16 something players: I believe broadening the game's multiplayer functionality could be a key and pivotal part in attracting a larger audience. Though this would call for major change because the game's economy revolves around trading items, of which any person with patience can figure out how to crack. Hence why I believe trading is an unsuitable gameplay objective since a months work of item collecting can be obliterated by one person with a hex editor. Instead I think Junk Jack would be better off by adopting a multiplayer system like Minecraft's, where each server has it's own unique gameplay if you will.
On a side note, I also believe the game's netcode could be improved, especially on IOS because more times than not, my player doesn't sync with the other user and this often results in the host unexpectedly quitting. However this isn't always the game's fault. The last thing I'd have to say is about the forum in general. phpBB is very user friendly but it is also very outdated in my opinion. I think it would be wise to possibly look into switching the forum software for security reasons. I see a lot of bot posts here that could be potentially dangerous. But other than that, I think JJ is a fantastic game. I hope PixBits continues it's development for many years to come. Definitely one of my favorites!
let gc = "a_stick"
let ign = "stick"
let discord = "stick#9145"

Mudkip45

PostThu Aug 03, 2017 6:02 pm

Yes! :hail:
Though—of course—being only a duo, compared to most [if not all] other sandboxes, PixBits would probably need lots of time for the obviously bigger elements, like servers, mods via Steam workshop, etc.
Although their roadmap did have NPCs planned, so not everything is impossible with only 2 people; again, they did implement electronics—and fully, at that!
I think it's just the time to mature that's needed. Then, they have to find ways to implement these features with their entirely 'handmade' engine, since most other games use pre-made engines and may have similar ways to implement certain aspects.
Of course, I'm nowhere near the coding genius duo, so I wouldn't know. As previously mentioned, I think we just need to give some time. If we have some patience, the outcome should be worth the wait!

There's my input! :rock:
Someone has sumstuff somewhere and stuffs it in stuff with something…
Junk Jack for Android: OUT NOW!!!

Stuff:
Crowdin: Mudkippz
GameCenter: StevenRamos438…wait, is this still even a thing?
DragCave: aMudkip

No draggin eggz! Click on nothing…or not

desTROYer74

What Happened?

PostMon Aug 07, 2017 8:41 am

For me, the game takes up too much time on breaking blocks, traveling, and transferring items into chests. If you could enhance those areas, I would have more time to do fun things like create stuff, expand my house.
We need new things implemented.. how about teleports? More electronics so we can build things like elevators? I used to play a lot of blockheads, and they have a lot of great ideas. Not to mention Minecraft. Enough of the extra worlds with the same repetitive mobs that have a slightly different texture, or another 1000 collectors items... they are already too hard to collect and serve very little purpose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Multipackwolf

PostMon Aug 07, 2017 10:47 am

blockheads and minecraft are literally just about building and breaking blocks. This is what makes a sandbox a sandbox, the user has freedom to do what they want.
Steam | Discord - Multarix#3888
Warframe | Hammerhead of <Space Shark Incorporated> | Multarix
Black Desert (NA, UNO) | Officer of <Aggro> | Indus
Revelation Online (NA, Snowpine) | Chairperson of <Skywhale> | RNGesus

atteSmythe

PostSun Dec 03, 2017 2:17 am

I stopped playing when an update eliminated a hundred hours of building and exploring. I just don’t trust it any more.

I check back every once in a while to see if they’ve ever added world sharing between pc and iOS, as that would be a unique addition with real value. But, here we are.

TwelveFoot

PostSun Dec 03, 2017 1:32 pm

atteSmythe wrote:I check back every once in a while to see if they’ve ever added world sharing between pc and iOS, as that would be a unique addition with real value. But, here we are.

You can move worlds and players between PC and iOS if you plug your phone into the usb. But no mobile->pc multiplayer, if that's what you mean.
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
2. The world is big, 256 blocks high and 768 across.
3. Who is John Galt?
4. Lack of objection does not indicate consent.
5. We scream, we shout, we wail, we cry; but in the end we all must die.

kankrivantass_

PostWed Dec 06, 2017 2:54 am

I still love playing this game! If you want to add me on Steam and play it with me, just go ahead and add me! I love being able to play multiplayer whenever the heck I can!! <3 :byebye: :byebye: Steam Account
holy fried cannoli thats a lot of bullshit

WhiteFang

PostSat Dec 09, 2017 11:54 pm

Game died, that's what happened.

Return to General