Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Best amour setup?

This is the general forum concerning Junk Jack
  • Author
squee420

Best amour setup?

PostWed Aug 09, 2017 1:43 am

In your opinion, what is the best setup for armour in the game? It could be any combination of armour and encrusts.
Post your best setup in this thread! I'm keen to test out different armour and am looking for the best setup possible.

Any input or suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

quantum dog

Re: Best amour setup?

PostWed Aug 09, 2017 8:24 am

walk speed

Twistrazor Armor Helm +10% (drop
Twistrazor Armor Chest +15% (drop
Cured Blue Leather Legs +10% (make
Space Zombie Boots +20% (drop
Turkey Swiftness Trinket +20% (drop

Walk 75%、climb30% 、Jump 55%、Swim 10%

~can not stop :rock:

squee420

PostThu Aug 10, 2017 5:20 am

quantum dog wrote:walk speed

Twistrazor Armor Helm +10% (drop
Twistrazor Armor Chest +15% (drop
Cured Blue Leather Legs +10% (make
Space Zombie Boots +20% (drop
Turkey Swiftness Trinket +20% (drop

Walk 75%、climb30% 、Jump 55%、Swim 10%

~can not stop :rock:

That's what I like to see! If anyone has a setup they would like to post, please use that format.

I'm looking forward to testing out different setups. Post your fave setup here!

snakey77

PostSat Sep 02, 2017 9:50 pm

Probably the Lilith uber mob set, but excluding the endgame uber mob armours I would say the best armours are generally the ones with high health and regeneration (example Horus Head, Cyan Turtle Chest, Black Demon Legs, Horus Boots, Ethereal Essence gives you an extra 85 health with 5 regeneration while also some useful bonuses (extra luck, 11 light value, thorns, various resistances), but with all of them citrine encrusted you get 25 more health and 5 more regeneration. Adding that all up is 110 extra health with 10 health regen, so basically you have an extremely bulky character with 210 health and at least 20% resistance to most damages and with the regeneration you can comfortably sit in lava, acid, even while drowning while also making it easy to fight uber mobs as they need to be able to deal more damage with their projectiles than you regen, but keep in mind you will most likely be fighting them with a weapon that leeches and with 210 health it's pretty hard to die so you should be able to beat them easily). Compare this set I just gave to let's say a diamond encrusted set of titanium armour, I'm going to just assume it's 80% resistance to slash, blunt, pierce and magic. You could probably beat a lot of enemies and uber mobs with this, but you will struggle with bomber skeletons, won't be able to take much damage from lava or acid and you will get heavily wounded from fall damage. In theory it is very strong and even overpowered, but in practice you will find yourself running into a lot of bomber skeletons and accidentally falling a number of times.

squee420

PostSat Sep 02, 2017 11:04 pm

Thanks for the response! :) I'm gonna test out your suggestion, and look for the Lilith armour.

EDIT: Could anyone tell me what the best set of Uber Mobs armour is? I like how they all have different glow colours. My fave would have to be the Yuca Uber Mob set!

snakey77

PostTue Sep 05, 2017 4:57 am

I fought a lot of the uber mobs yesterday and I would personally say to use 3 pieces of Gutstriker armour and one piece of Coldshadow armour. Gutstriker's armour seems to give the most bulk, giving around 2.5 hp each piece instead of 2, but it has a light value of only 8, which is why I recommend a piece of Coldshadow armour (which gives a light value of 12 [with a blue colour]). Rusttalon's armour also makes a very good choice as it has 2.00 thorns instead of gutstriker's .50 or coldshadow's 1.00, so assuming all pieces have the same amount of thorns, then you get 8.00 thorns, which honestly is a lot and you probably will be able to deal with a lot of enemies by just running into them. I am not sure about Magmar's uber mob armour though, I fought Infernus 2 times, first time got his staff but second time got his boots which honestly gave very average stats, incredibly inferior to lillith, cryo or tor's which discouraged me a lot from fighting him again, but his other armour drops might be a bit better so don't take this comment into full account. In terms of which is the easiest to get it the two planets which I found the easiest to get to the uber mob were Cryo and Mykon. Cryo's raw ice is incredibly fast to break compared to the stone on other planets and you will be able to search through the world much faster and it also is not a highly volcanic or acidic planet meaning when using the mega-map you will be generally able to locate the uber mob altar very quickly due to its glow and the lack of lava distracting you. I can't say they're harmless, but the mobs on cryo are not particularly dangerous, while Tor has more threatening enemies and Lillith has the infamous skexoten (it is a bomber skeleton which throws bombs which deal like 90 damage and explode relatively fast). Mykon is made up of mostly dirt which is fast to mine, is generally a very calm planet and I do not think it has much lava (or any at all). It does not provide you with the powerful stats that the lillith, Tor and cryo uber mob armours give you, but it is still an uber mob armour and is still strong.

Anyway, I personally recommend to just pick your favourite looking one. Some of these are superior to others in many ways, but at the end of the day these are all uber mob armours and all will make you very powerful. Thanks for reading!

TwelveFoot

PostTue Sep 05, 2017 12:41 pm

snakey77 wrote:Anyway, I personally recommend to just pick your favourite looking one. Some of these are superior to others in many ways, but at the end of the day these are all uber mob armours and all will make you very powerful. Thanks for reading!

You can equip whatever good looking armor you want in the vanity slots, so just equip whichever has the stats you want most. Like you say, it's hard to define "best", some like thorns, some like health...
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
2. The world is big, 256 blocks high and 768 across.
3. Who is John Galt?
4. Lack of objection does not indicate consent.
5. We scream, we shout, we wail, we cry; but in the end we all must die.

Return to General