Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Welp, this place is dead

This is the general forum concerning Junk Jack
  • Author
Rippedorigami

Re: Welp, this place is dead

PostMon Nov 20, 2017 2:01 am

Will we ever get a second album from James Primate?

On an unrelated note: I didn't notice that they rebranded the older iOS version last year. I thought that game was going to be stuck on the Valentine's Day update forever.
Open Spoiler
Multipackwolf wrote:Hey Twelve, wanna do a Bluetooth game? :asd:
TwelveFoot wrote:
Sure Becky, just let me hook the bluetooth chip in my iPod up to this huge satellite dish so it'll transmit to the other side of the world.

xambrown

PostMon Dec 04, 2017 8:23 pm

Yeah I came back too after quite some years, sad to see the forums completely dead, as they used to be so lively and fun to go on :/

WhiteFang

PostSun Dec 10, 2017 12:04 am

It was fun while it lasted, but the game is abandonware now. This game and these forums will be nothing but a memory in a few years. Sorry, but Pixibits left the game unfinished. Can't say that I'm not disappointed in them. They left too many things unavailable and didn't deliver as they promised. Won't be buying games from them again.

From here on, I am wishing these forums and the people here a goodbye, this is my retirement from JJ.

Jack

PostSun Dec 10, 2017 2:04 am

It's sad to read such things. We left the game unfinished? We updated it for years for free, we added every imaginable feature we had in mind in so many years (except 1-2 so far).

Which things we left unavailable? What we didn't deliver? I'm actually curious to know because of our dream-like game we're missing generated structures and NPCs but nothing more so important. Maybe cool buffs for the player but, still, it's much more what we've been able to deliver (luckily for us and all our customers) than the rest, and reading that you have an opposite point of view really makes me wonder how we disappointed you so much.

The game is more than 4 years old, the initial idea is more than 6 years old, which is a lot for current gaming standards and this obsolescence is quite normal. We tried to add everything we could as long as the community supported us but today it's becoming hard since the interest lowered and without support from a community it's hard to be motivated. Don't forget we need to earn a living in all this too.

We're actually quite puzzled on what to do next, so, although we're sorry for your complain, you really should try to understand our position too.

hausi2

PostSun Dec 10, 2017 9:35 am

Dear Jack,
in my point of view JJX is the best and my favorite game i ever played on iOS (the Steam version I only played few hours).
I'm 32 years old and have alot of experience of pc, console, mobile games from the past and the present.

Looking forward to see more updates and new features - that would be really great. But in total the game is finished and nearly every feature you promised are now into the game.

Thanks you very much once again :-)

Multipackwolf

PostSun Dec 10, 2017 2:55 pm

Jack wrote:We're actually quite puzzled on what to do next, so, although we're sorry for your complain, you really should try to understand our position too.

Do you guys have any plans for a 2nd (technically 3rd, also technically 4th if you include Junk Jack lite) game at all?
Maybe a puzzle game or another style? I think we all can admit that more updates are unlikely to bring the community back to Junk Jack, but potentially new games might.
Steam | Discord - Multarix#3888
Warframe | Hammerhead of <Space Shark Incorporated> | Multarix
Black Desert (NA, UNO) | Officer of <Aggro> | Indus
Revelation Online (NA, Snowpine) | Chairperson of <Skywhale> | RNGesus

xambrown

PostMon Dec 11, 2017 12:46 am

Jack I’ve always been a huge supporter and am amazed on how great you guys made the game and interacted with fans for years. I’m actually still playing on a new Phone and still invested in the game. I’m excited to see a new game eventually or something new entirely :)

a_stick

PostWed Dec 13, 2017 2:08 am

The way I see it, Junk Jack never really had any means of promotion. Other than of course it's feature in the Apple App Store way back when but perhaps Pixbits should invest some time in creating advertisements for Junk Jack. And then hopefully the user base will expand. Because Junk Jack is too great of a game to be unrecognized and under-appreciated. I sincerely hope for the best and am excited to see whats next in store for Junk Jack!
let gc = "a_stick"
let ign = "stick"
let discord = "stick#9145"

Multipackwolf

PostWed Dec 13, 2017 3:29 am

There were actually some advertisements done ages back for Junk Jack, but sandbox games are being overtaken by minecraft. Because Mojang with Microsoft behind it are able to promote the game and develop it faster.
Other sandbox games get left in the dust.
Steam | Discord - Multarix#3888
Warframe | Hammerhead of <Space Shark Incorporated> | Multarix
Black Desert (NA, UNO) | Officer of <Aggro> | Indus
Revelation Online (NA, Snowpine) | Chairperson of <Skywhale> | RNGesus
Previous

Return to General