Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Welp, this place is dead

This is the general forum concerning Junk Jack
  • Author
TwelveFoot

Re: Welp, this place is dead

PostWed Mar 07, 2018 2:29 pm

Multipackwolf wrote:We're the cool kids.

Mmhm, just keep telling yourself that.
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
2. The world is big, 256 blocks high and 768 across.
3. Who is John Galt?
4. Lack of objection does not indicate consent.
5. We scream, we shout, we wail, we cry; but in the end we all must die.

Multipackwolf

PostWed Mar 07, 2018 3:32 pm

Well, I'm certainly not hot, so I must be pretty chill and pretty cool amirite?
Steam | Discord - Multarix#1337
Warframe | Hammerhead of <Space Shark Incorporated> | Multarix
Black Desert (NA, UNO) | GM of <Aggro> | Indus

ddawg77

• Location: If you're looking here, there's a 97.8% chance that you're a creeper

PostTue Mar 27, 2018 12:26 pm

Ahhh, seeing the names in this thread fills me with so much nostalgia. Glad to see most everyone is doing well!

I’m not sure what brought me back here, but I think it was a memory I had of finally getting the original Junk Jack beta testing email on my iPod Touch 4g when I was about 12 years old. It was the update that added zombies and explosives, and I was so excited that I can even remember exactly where I was when I got the email, haha. Junk Jack/JJX was definitely my favorite iOS game of all time, and this was the first online community I was ever part of. Thanks devs and everyone else for allowing this to be a possibility, and I hope that everyone continues to thrive!
If you have any questions or comments I will be glad to help! :)

Multipackwolf

PostTue Mar 27, 2018 3:48 pm

Heya ddawg, nice to see you around!

ddawg77

• Location: If you're looking here, there's a 97.8% chance that you're a creeper

PostTue Mar 27, 2018 6:53 pm

You too, it’s been so long. It’s amazing all of our lives have changed so much while this place has stayed exactly the same, like a time capsule.
If you have any questions or comments I will be glad to help! :)

Mudkip45

PostFri Mar 30, 2018 3:15 am

ddawg77 wrote:It’s been so long. It’s amazing all of our lives have changed so much while this place has stayed exactly the same, like a time capsule.

This! ^
Someone has sumstuff somewhere and stuffs it in stuff with something…
Junk Jack for Android: OUT NOW!!!

Stuff:
Crowdin: Mudkippz
GameCenter: StevenRamos438…wait, is this still even a thing?
DragCave: aMudkip

No draggin eggz! Click on nothing…or not

123outerme

PostFri Apr 06, 2018 2:48 am

I'll gravedig this too and go ahead and say these names bring me back as well. I don't want this place to die, but as long as it's a forum with a major focus on one game (when the game is, sadly, not played as much as it was in its hayday), it'll be hard to keep people around.

A few forums I belong to are going through the exact same thing as well. They have slowly shifted towards gaming/programming in general, rather than programming and gaming on a specific platform. If the forum here is to survive, a nice step would be to add more off-topic categories to expand that part of the site.

As it appears from the index, this forum is about Junk Jack with a little corner to chat, despite Chit-Chat and Other Games most likely taking up a majority of the new posts there are. I don't want this place to die, as I've seen other forums shrivel up as well. I can't call this place dead yet, and as long as there are people willing to come here, for any reason, it'll be alive.

Sorry for the paragraph :P
GC: 123outerme | "If I'm not me, who's anybody?" - Me | 2nd Signature
123outerme wrote:Edit button. Top right corner. Use it.

Multipackwolf

PostFri Apr 06, 2018 3:25 am

Deepworld forum is still in denial their game is dying :asd:
That and the fact that some people want to remove ALL offtopic discussion entirely and only ever have posts relating to the exact thread title... cause that's an encouragement to play. Devs also refuse to work on their PC version/ android version, and iOS gaming is very much dying.

You kinda try to warn people what will happen but they refuse to listen and believe they know everything. We've seen it before here, we've all seen other big games die and we've all played a game with little to no community or development support. Forums die, and right now Junk Jack X is still a thing we remember but not always play. The reality is that for iOS development, you have to follow Apples standards. So when they make your device obsolete and force developers to drop support in an update, you're forced to drop part of the community. Android and PC don't have those issues.

WhiteFang

PostSun Jun 03, 2018 6:07 am

I will also jump on the bandwagon and say that a lot of these names bring back a lot of memories. I believe this was the first real community I was apart of.

And I am months late to the reply, if not a year, but to Jack if you are still reading through the forums:

Do not mistake my complaint as hatred, I genuinely enjoyed the game and eagerly purchased the original Retro game on the iOS as well as JJx on Android and PC. Nor is it entirely just utter disappointment in you guys as a dev team or the game itself. What I believe is that the game lacks an underbelly system that truly makes the universe unique. Once you collect all the rares (or hex them in, whatever be your will) there isn't much left to the game. What makes sandbox games deliver on so much is the actual community itself, and that's where I feel the game was lacking: community content. Whether it be mods, maps, or what have you - there was no easy way to actually do it. I remember spending weeks if not months clearing out an entire map in JJ Retro, then losing that progress because my phone got stolen and having to redo all of it for another several months. Custom maps were hard to make and share because of the lack of ability to produce large maps under easier conditions rather than place every block by hand. I feel if tools, or at the very least, easier ways to create an adventure map of some sort could easily get the community more involved with each other, the forums would have seen more light because more people could have shared ideas, stories, and builds they had created. The biggest thing that makes or breaks sandbox games I feel is the limitations of the game itself and when the limitations make it hard to produce a map for other players to play and share, no one is really going to take on the challenge. I remember maybe three or four adventure maps from Retro, one of them being mine, which took half a year just to make a very small map. And when it came to JJx, I really cannot recall any map that wasn't just a survival world build.

While I understand that maybe the majority of players are on iOS, opening up the Steam game to modding, even if it was just with a very limited API would have definitely increased foot traffic. Games like Minecraft, Terraria, and most other sandbox games would not have lasted as long as they had without the community, and mods play a major role in that. I remember having to jailbreak my original iPhone to install kiri's mod hack to just play around with some of the base game files and mess around. And I remember seeing a lot of people actively looking at the mods and enjoying what they could do, even with limited access. I personally believe that mods could've helped the Steam launch quite a lot.

Overall, I do not think your game is bad in any way or a waste of money. What I do believe is that the lack of community and community projects is what drove the game to it's grave.

-Winter_Snake

Post Edit:
While I understand the game will not receive any other updates (or at least, I assume it wont) - this game was very enjoyable growing up, and I really do mean to say thank you for the memories Jack and XsX.

EDIT2:
Another thing that I do believe could have been improved on is networking and worlds/portals.

ianfromijrinx

PostFri Oct 19, 2018 11:52 pm

Hope ya'll didn't forget about me :)
I do vids on youtube!!
My channel!!! http://www.youtube.com/user/Ianfromijrinx
The world is made up of 393,216 blocks
~Admin on the wiki~

Multipackwolf

PostSat Oct 20, 2018 3:49 am

Who u

ianfromijrinx

PostSat Oct 20, 2018 4:09 pm

Multipackwolf wrote:Who u

Just some guy. The real question is: who are you?
I do vids on youtube!!
My channel!!! http://www.youtube.com/user/Ianfromijrinx
The world is made up of 393,216 blocks
~Admin on the wiki~

slimmy1

• Location: i am currently in a house playing junk jack minecraft and terraria

PostFri Oct 26, 2018 11:12 pm

Anyone remember me? I remember a lot of the people here, but I can't say I posted a whole like I lurked more than anything.
I like Junk Jack? and Minecraft? lol :P
After years I finally found a clover In Seth :D
Previous

Return to General