Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

New device questions.

Need help? This is the right place to post!
  • Author
Torey

New device questions.

PostWed Dec 27, 2017 12:35 am

Just got a new device, and just in time, JJ no longer updates on my old one. However, I have not figured out how to get my bought items restored on my new device. New device is an IPad Pro. JJ is installed via family shared account, because it was bought on a parent account before they did the whole family sharing thing where I could use my own account. Any idea how I link the game on my new device with my original account/save game/whatever?

Many thanks ahead of time.
Torey.

mastery51

Re: New device questions.

PostWed Dec 27, 2017 5:36 pm

Here is a link about family sharing instructions. It tells you How to connect or disconnect from the family sharing account and what happens when you do.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201080
Once you are connected to the account that the purchases are on you can now hit the JJ in app purchase restore button.

For the save file you have to transfer your game character and world files via desktop computer. Using iTunes or other ios file sharing programs.

Once files are on desktop:
Then you can transfer the games character and world files into the ipad pro via computer.
Ifunbox is one file sharing program but I don't know if it works on ios 11. May need to be double check.
iexplorer is another, this file sharing program is a demo. It limits the feature you can do untill you unlock it with a purchase. But you don't really need the other features.
Seeking Knowledge & Adventure
~Moderator~

Torey

Re: New device questions.

PostFri Dec 29, 2017 12:40 am

Thank you -so much- for the information! I have the family stuff all set up but still can’t seem to get my purchases restored. :/ So I am wondering, if the purchases were made on the main account before all this family account stuff was set up, now than I go through my own account, linked to the main account, will those purchases still transfer or do I have to log into that account to do the restore?

Not worried about the save game as much. I’ve already started up a new Christmas world.
Torey.

Return to Help & Support