Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Unable to progress in multiplayer (Steam)?

Need help? This is the right place to post!
  • Author
KingDaddy

Unable to progress in multiplayer (Steam)?

PostTue Dec 20, 2016 12:44 pm

So I purchased three copies of Junk Jack on Steam so that I could play together with my wife and daughter. However, we can't progress past Terra. When we try to enter a portal, it says something like "you are unable to do that in mulitplayer yet.". What gives? The game is no longer in early access and it states that it has multiplayer.

Are we doing something wrong, or is there a work around? I find it hard to believe that we're stuck on Terra. I've tried having them leave the game and try to come back in after I use the portal, but it won't let them. Is adventure mode only for single player, and if so how do we get to explore other planets in multiplayer?

Thanks.

TwelveFoot

Re: Unable to progress in multiplayer (Steam)?

PostTue Dec 20, 2016 2:04 pm

You'll have to go through the portal solo then restart the multiplayer server, err exit to the main menu then go back in. I think.
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
2. The world is big, 256 blocks high and 768 across.
3. Who is John Galt?
4. Lack of objection does not indicate consent.
5. We scream, we shout, we wail, we cry; but in the end we all must die.

Multipackwolf

PostWed Dec 21, 2016 8:10 am

TwelveFoot wrote:You'll have to go through the portal solo then restart the multiplayer server, err exit to the main menu then go back in. I think.

This, while multiplayer is available, it just doens't let you go through portals :asd:
Easy solved as Twelve said, however it does limit you to being able to play on 1 world at a time, so it's not really friendly towards building on one world while exploring another. Maybe Jack can explain why they haven't added multiplayer with multiple world support yet :dunno:
Steam | Discord - Multarix#9461
Warframe | Clan Leader of <Wolfish> | Multarix
Black Desert (NA, UNO) | Officer of <Aggro> | Indus
Revelation Online (NA, Snowpine) | Chairperson of <Skywhale> | RNGesus

KingDaddy

PostWed Dec 21, 2016 6:55 pm

Thank you both for the reply. We'll just have to fully explore each world before we leave and then take as much as we can with us. Hope it's fixed or changed soon as we love this game.

Two more questions if you don't mind...

1. In the launch trailer you see that they made a barn with what looks like wood blocks dyed red. How is this achieved in the game? I was able to make a paint bucket but can't seem to dye much with it. Only thing I've been able to dye so far is carpet. I tried looking up dying furniture as well, but you need to make some type of cover. Only problem is the wiki doesn't say which cover applies to what furniture. Anyone have a link to a guide or something for this and other crafting? The wiki seems to be lacking allot of information. I like finding things out on my own, but sometimes I need a quick answer.

2. I noticed that there was a mobile update that added Christmas items. Are there plans to add this to the Steam version?

TwelveFoot

PostWed Dec 21, 2016 11:23 pm

KingDaddy wrote:We'll just have to fully explore each world before we leave and then take as much as we can with us.

You can still go back and forth between worlds, just not while in multiplayer. So it's not the end of the world if you have to go back to get more of a certain resource.

1: Any of the "liners" can go on any furniture. Except tables, cushions on tables would be weird.

2: :dunno:
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
2. The world is big, 256 blocks high and 768 across.
3. Who is John Galt?
4. Lack of objection does not indicate consent.
5. We scream, we shout, we wail, we cry; but in the end we all must die.

Return to Help & Support