Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Larger Biomes?

Need help? This is the right place to post!
  • Author
squee420

Larger Biomes?

PostFri May 12, 2017 12:30 am

Is there any way to increase the amount of biomes underground?
Like does changing the size of the world increase the chance of larger biomes?
Just wondering If it's possible, thanks.

BlackHawk

Re: Larger Biomes?

PostFri May 12, 2017 1:20 am

Don't quote me but it seems like the amount of biomes in a certain amount of blocks is relatively the same throughout the sizes of worlds. So changing the size would just mean less biomes but in a smaller world. The only thing that seems to have a effect of the quantity of biomes is the planet in which you would be currently exploring. As in my experience planets such as alba, thetis, and Lilith seem to have a lower amount of biomes while terra, tor, and umbra seem to have more biomes. Please note this is just my opinion based on my experience in the game.

squee420

PostSat May 13, 2017 6:40 am

Thank you for the reply! It was really confusing though lol. I understand that there are less biomes on some planets like Alba, and more biomes on harder planets, like you said.

Now I'm just wondering if I changed the size of the world to small, would that mean that there are larger biomes in a smaller space? I wouldn't know as I don't change the size of my worlds (more confusing or whatever) and wouldn't changing the world setting to large mean less biomes as the world would be bigger?

I really have no idea, those were mainly the questions I tried to ask in the OP, if you know something let me know!

BlackHawk

PostSat May 13, 2017 1:28 pm

Biomes as I said before spawn ratio between blocks is the same throughout all sizes. Example. Large world means more biomes but you would need to explore more to find all of them. Small world means less biomes (because it's a small world) but you wouldn't need to go as far to find them. This also works when looking for altars.

Return to Help & Support