Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Mob traps

Need help? This is the right place to post!
  • Author
squee420

Re: Mob traps

PostSun May 21, 2017 7:34 am

TwelveFoot wrote:Liquids used to push both items and mobs. Then water physics changed, now they don't. At least not noticeably.

Your post confused me. Does that mean that Society's mob traps wouldn't work?
For example this one:
Open Spoiler

squee420

PostSun May 21, 2017 10:20 am

After building the above mob trap, I can confirm that water does not move the mobs. Eventually the mobs drown in the water but they do not get pushed into the trap, so I have to either kill them myself or move to where the mob died and pick up the drops.

How can we use mob traps if the water doesn't move the mobs? Does anyone have a working design? Or maybe Pixbits should consider changing the liquid settings to how they were before? IDK.

squee420

PostThu May 25, 2017 8:13 am

I've been working on a few mob traps. Neither of them work, but I'll post them anyway. Hopefully someone has some ideas about how to make them work!
Here is my first mob trap:
Open Spoiler

Open Spoiler

And here is a more functional mob trap:
Open Spoiler

Open Spoiler

As you can see, the mobs spawn perfectly, but the water doesnt move the mobs. They work at night time because hostile mobs try to attack you, and get trapped in the process.
Does anyone have a working mob trap that doesn't use liquid? I can kill the mobs myself, I just need a place for the mobs to spawn so I can kill them.. If you have a working design, post it here!

Rick9399

PostThu May 25, 2017 8:42 am

I didn't test this yet, but I think something like this should work? Water will work too, but as long as you're not in it too long, acid is slightly more effective agains mobs.

(Sorry for my horrible drawing skills)

snakey77

PostWed Sep 06, 2017 6:28 am

Guys could somebody please help me I want a pocket lume spider and I created an underground mob trap on Mykon but I don't really know how to deal with dynaslimes. I'm always under this little platform tapping above my character until this stupid slime appears and I don't know what to do. Is there a planet without dynaslimes or is it possible to get to a level where lume spiders spawn but not dynaslimes? If I add water will the dynaslimes avoid jumping to me?

Mudkip45

PostSat Sep 09, 2017 12:20 am

Any jumping mobs (at least the ones that follow you) will avoid jumping into liquids a block away. Although, some can jump higher than a block, so some end up jumping into liquids.
Someone has sumstuff somewhere and stuffs it in stuff with something…
Junk Jack for Android: OUT NOW!!!

Stuff:
Crowdin: Mudkippz
GameCenter: StevenRamos438…wait, is this still even a thing?
DragCave: aMudkip

No draggin eggz! Click on nothing…or not

snakey77

PostSat Sep 09, 2017 12:16 pm

Thanks for replying, mudkip
I came up with a method to get rid of them, basically I have got a very dark room with these little floating blocks which speed up mob spawning and I am standing under a wood bridge punching them to death but whenever I see a dynaslime, I punch him to the side a bit and knock him into a pool I made specifically for them. I also made another mob trap on lillith where the mobs spawn above me on the little floating blocks and the whole ground is 3 block deep water so they fall in and drown but for this one I wear a blast helm + .20 explosion resist piece of armour so I don't take any damage from the dynaslimes or the skexoton. Speaking of skexoton they should have made it so that Gutstriker also throws the same bombs they do, would make it much more of a fight rather than just spamming him with a weapon against a wall while he dies helplessly

Mudkip45

PostSat Sep 09, 2017 7:28 pm

Yeah, the Gutsriker was a bit easy for me, too. Gave me its helm in return.
There could also be mobs (Uber or not) that can throw items that spawn other mobs. Kinda like mob eggs, but as other items thrown by them.
Maybe the Larvae that Krakes throw, could spawn a Larva once it hits a wall—so it's like it's sending it out for battle. Krake Larvae are easy to kill, anyway, so it wouldn't be OP.
A wild KRAKE appeared. KRAKE sent out KRAKE LARVA!

Ooo, this could go into Suggestions! (/Ô•Ô)/

Stuff:

snakey77

PostMon Sep 11, 2017 3:26 am

Yeah and the other day I was thinking maybe certain mobs should deal a damage other than slash/blunt/pierce/magic, like maybe some sort of lava monster on Magmar deals damage based on your lava resistance or some dude on Xeno dealing damage based on acid resistance and maybe even weapons dealing irregular damage. But I like your idea of mobs throwing mob eggs, I think especially the uber mobs should be have them and continually spawn their minions throughout the fight. I would really like if they added a use for pets too, they should have like some sort of ranged/melee attack IMO

Mudkip45

PostWed Sep 13, 2017 5:00 pm

That's exactly an idea I had months ago—mobs like Twistrazors dealing acid damage! And yeah, they could have pets Attack other than just having [some of them] give Spike Damage. Now it could be like Pokémon, having pets attack and deal certain types of damage. They could probably even grow or mature (as in, evolve (like Pocket [Small] Crawlers growing into Pocket Medium Crawlers and eventually Pocket Tall Crawlers!)). They already finally added Pokémon-related rares, so this would be a [second] dream come true! :love:
Wow, this is a lot of brainstorming!

Stuff:

Mudkip45

PostWed Sep 13, 2017 5:04 pm

Maybe their collars could have a certain way to denote new, evolved, and final-evolved pets.
Maybe first ones can have a circle in the middle, evolved can have a diamond in the middle, and final-evolved can have a star in the middle. Just like Pokémon that have up to 3 stages…

…Ok, maybe it sounds like I'm trying to shift this from a sandbox game to a fully-fledged RPG even deeper than Minecraft in Junk Jack, which only has 2 devs…I need to calm down now. x:

I would have chosen colors to denote "evolutions," but they already denote types of mobs:
  • Mobs
  • Farm animals (Male Female)
  • iAP

Stuff:

snakey77

PostFri Sep 15, 2017 9:56 am

And maybe have craftable uber mob pets (crafted with uber mob head, uber mob chest, uber mob legs, uber mob feet, 4 uber mob shards [the ones used to craft their pickshovels] and a brain) and make it so that they grow up like you said (example have kelsior grow up from gold skeleton knight into a mini Kelsior, cold shadow lurker into mini Coldshadow).

snakey77

PostFri Sep 15, 2017 11:18 am

I also think it would be fun if you could have monster pets in some sort of stable too (like the bird cage or the dog kennel) and they walk around and you need to feed them food like the other pets, but I think they shouldn't be able to 'escape' or take damage like the other ones do

Mudkip45

PostMon Sep 18, 2017 4:39 am

This is already like 3 suggestions that were made in this one thread!
Yeah, like regular mobs grow into Mini Uber Mobs.
e.g. Purple Murk > Mini Kratios. Maybe even something before the regular mob. Mini Murk? Aw, now that sounds adorable! It's like you're an Alien Breeder! (Hey, maybe that could be some sort of Achievent to add!)

Who knows? Maybe even create new "species" by breeding different mobs with each other?
Krake + Slutch = …Krutch?…Slake?
Demon Gator + Gnawler = …Demon Galor?…Gawtor?

…ok, now seeing how this is going, maybe just having mini Uber Mobs. Can't imagine what it would be like combining mobs…and making Jack code all this and XsX somehow miraculously come up with the sprites for this. (/*x*)/
Wonder what the stables would be, though. That might take XsX hours to even come up with if it came to be…but one can still dream. (-~-) zZ

Stuff:

Previous

Return to Help & Support