Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Adventure map intentions

Need help? This is the right place to post!
  • Author
Ramsey26

Adventure map intentions

PostSat Jan 27, 2018 12:54 am

Hey I was wondering if I was to make an adventure map if a moderator or anyone who knows Technology better than me would help me out with the download link. Preferably it would be easily downloadable right off a forum post without the aid of a computer. I figured that it was time junk jack had another adventure map since all previous maps are useless due to the 3.0 update. Here's my ideas so far...
It would be a multi planet plot where you complete a smaller adventure before moving along to the next planet. There would be an area for a par core maze. And an area for a dungeon or temple of some sort where you explore and unlock combination locks and secret chambers before excapeing. And an area where wear a diving mask and explore underwater.
If anyone has any ideas for more areas I love to hear them!

TwelveFoot

Re: Adventure map intentions

PostSat Jan 27, 2018 1:37 am

There's no way to download/use adventure maps straight from an iPhone, I don't think you can on Android either. So you'd have to use a computer.

Other than that it sounds like a good idea though.
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
2. The world is big, 256 blocks high and 768 across.
3. Who is John Galt?
4. Lack of objection does not indicate consent.
5. We scream, we shout, we wail, we cry; but in the end we all must die.

Ramsey26

PostSat Jan 27, 2018 3:18 am

TwelveFoot wrote:There's no way to download/use adventure maps straight from an iPhone, I don't think you can on Android either. So you'd have to use a computer.

Other than that it sounds like a good idea though.

I kinda figured that might to the case but whatever I'll just have to specify that later on and recommend they use if inbox or something. Is there going to be any problems with the fact that I'll be basically giveing players hords of free building blocks? Hope not because I've already started building. Also have any suggestions?

squee420

PostSat Jan 27, 2018 3:50 am

If you need any ideas, I remember playing this adventure map in Junk Jack Retro!
Looks very fun to build! I might try it myself haha.
Open Spoiler

Open Spoiler

Multipackwolf

PostSat Jan 27, 2018 7:17 am

At this point, I'm really not concerned about players getting more building blocks than ever intended
Steam | Discord - Multarix#1337
Warframe | Hammerhead of <Space Shark Incorporated> | Multarix
Black Desert (NA, UNO) | GM of <Aggro> | Indus
Revelation Online (NA, Snowpine) | Chairperson of <Skywhale> | RNGesus

Ramsey26

PostSat Jan 27, 2018 4:09 pm

Okay sounds good and squee420 how did you download that jj original map? The original junk jack doesn't have file access I didn't think?

Multipackwolf

PostSat Jan 27, 2018 5:08 pm

It does, or did. The original Junk Jack had all its saves in a single folder (could only have 1 character and a limit of 3 worlds)
So it wasn’t that hard to replace/ add worlds.
Steam | Discord - Multarix#1337
Warframe | Hammerhead of <Space Shark Incorporated> | Multarix
Black Desert (NA, UNO) | GM of <Aggro> | Indus
Revelation Online (NA, Snowpine) | Chairperson of <Skywhale> | RNGesus

Rick9399

PostSat Jan 27, 2018 7:31 pm

I also started working on building an adventure map, mostly based on electronics. Still thinking of a story (something science lab-ish maybe), so it will be a while till it's done, but I just thought I should suggest this early so PixBits could think about it, and you beat me to it by a few hours. :P

Junk Jack still hasn't received the popularity it deserves in my opinion. The original was already without doubt the most fun game on iOS, it was surpassed by jjx (thank god I still had my old iPod, i stopped using apple products), and as soon as it came to Android, I didn't need any other game anymore. But the number of downloads on Android is just scandalous: a thousand is not nearly enough for such a good game.

I might be completely wrong, but I think the addition of adventure maps could boost those numbers. It allows people to show off the worlds they worked hard on building, and I hope that would snowball to all of our friends, and theirs, etcetera.

But sharing worlds is currently only possible by hosting a world for a few other people (which is still kind of difficult to do with larger amounts of people), or by uploading the world file, in which case only rooted/jailbroken phones can play.

The solution? Adding an option to upload your world in-game. That world will be added to a database, and all worlds in that database are accessible to others in-game. That's the basic idea, and it can be made as complicated or simple as desired. I was thinking about being able to log into a junkjack-account, uploading your world and receiving feedback from people who played your world (though this might be quite some work). Also, it might be required to play as a "naked" character (without any starting items) in order to prevent acquiring items through those worlds.

I'm not a marketing expert, so I can't promise this will actually help. But I just think junk jack deserves so much more. And it would be cool to share worlds with others. :)

Ramsey26

PostMon Jan 29, 2018 2:01 am

I'm looking forward to trying your adventure map!

Rick9399

PostMon Jan 29, 2018 10:58 am

Well it'll be a while, but I just finished this password system thingy. Pushing a button will make the number increase, and specific combinations of (hexadecimal) numbers trigger certain outputs. For example, D0D0 will open the door on the right (which you can't see on the picture :P). More than one door is possible, so the idea is that you can solve a puzzle to find the password to the next puzzle, until you get to the end.

I'm not happy with the way it looks yet, but this is the basic idea. :)

Ramsey26

Adventure map intentions

PostMon Jan 29, 2018 9:30 pm

I got a few screenshots of it so far this is the area on terra which is that biggest area

Mines got combo locks to but nothing fancy just a way of not moving on to the next area until you do the one before it

Ramsey26

PostMon Jan 29, 2018 9:46 pm

I kinda feel like I'm giving away too much stuff just with the buildings...

Rick9399

PostMon Jan 29, 2018 10:53 pm

Looks good! And props to you for building it in survival. :)
Do keep in mind that 6 switches only require 64 tries at most to find the right combination (though, a player bothers no one but himself if they decide to brute force it :P).

Ramsey26

PostMon Jan 29, 2018 11:36 pm

True maybe on more critical locks I should use 8 switchs. If they try to cheat this one there only missing out on some iron armour. Or do a more complicated lock system...

squee420

PostTue Jan 30, 2018 3:03 am

Looks awesome! Can't wait to test it out!
Also I'm glad to see an adventure map for Junk Jack X!
There haven't been many if I remember correctly.
Next

Return to Help & Support