Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Gaming experience improvements

Discuss about new game features and ideas in this forum section.
  • Author
2539Woo

Re: Gaming experience improvements

PostFri Jan 03, 2014 6:19 am

Precisely, those or the fact that the loophole of infinite storage because you didn't say no packs inside of packs. :sisi:
The True Leader of the JJ Hitman Group "X"

I regret nothing! :asd:

Leader in The Hitlist

Where Law meets Morality

Don't tell me life isn't a game, it's filled with strategy, only difference is that there aren't cheats and you have one life.

Emblin

PostFri Jan 03, 2014 6:47 am

In left that out because I've never had a game or mod of something where
Packs inside packs were enabled, seeing as the creator would try preventive measures to stop any exploitation
Proud and only member of the JJX Forever Alone Club

Very hard/Hardcore miner, monster slayer

Yuca and Cryo are my favorite planets

Museum of every rare in JJX ever to exist:
http://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

Multipackwolf

PostFri Jan 03, 2014 7:46 am

1- A scattered inventory is due to how you picked up items, and it also allows you to better see what you may have picked up, I prefer it this way when placing things in chests as well, makes it easier to drag the right item.

2- Ehh.. Pixbits will think of something eventually.. It was in the game during last beta, nobody reported it, as it was so obvious if Pixbits intended to fix it, they would have.. And it's a really minor issue as well.

3- I like it.. it's a bit like inventory tweaks mod for minecraft..

4- I'd prefer not.. and You wouldn't believe how much work that would be. I also like designing my avatars, not having my character as my Profile picture.. So I'd either have to do a bunch of fancy name changes, or Have to get Pixbits to change my avatar each time I want a new one.. Neither of which I really want to be doing.

5- You solution is in a Titanium/Galvanium Chest.

6- You can set your spawn wherever you want, and most people have a grinder on a different world to their main base, I don't see a need for something like this.

7- Loopholes with them, Backpacks within backpacks within Backpacks.. Don't say that it wouldn't happen as I know some people out there are clever enough to HEX the player files. Also a bunch of other issues that would arise from their implementation.

8- I like it! Maybe another sign setting?

9- Well, they are great if your on an iPod, but they are not exactly supposed to be used underground in a 1 high tunnel now are they?

10- Mana.. Maybe one day when Pixbits wants to invest a whole heap of time doing this kind of thing..

11- Suggested long ago in original beta, as of right now, your supposed to think about what you encrust your item with before actually doing it, hence you encrust lower level items to work out their benefits before doing so to high level items. Maybe one day in the distant future there will be an expensive way to unencrust, but for now, think before you do.
Steam | GC - MultiPackWolf
GM of [Project K], Tempest Reach - TERA
Clan Leader of [Wolfish] - Warframe
Officer of [Aggro], NA - Black Desert

Open Spoiler

grimmulfr

PostFri Jan 03, 2014 12:15 pm

1. I keep some stuff (like blocks and planks) my inventory permanently, not only my hot bar. If I run out of certain blocks at some point, I get an empty spot there. Same thing happens after I drop my loot into chests. Then I pick up some items off the ground, and don't even notice it for a while, because it's there where I never look, on the bottom of my inventory between some block stacks that are always there. It happened to me with my last demon hide, I kept grinding for like an hour to get the last one required for my helm, when I realize that I had it the whole time. Sure, I may sound like a blind dude right now, but this happens. And it's incredibly easy to add this functionality, as it's already coded in (it's what happens when you pick your dropped items after your death).

2. Yeah, I did say it's minor inconvenience, but I still call it a bug that should be fixed at some point.

4. I know how much work that is, I'm a programmer myself. But that's just nothing compared to what Junk Jack is today, maybe sometime they will actually implement something along those lines. Also, if you read carefully, the uploading is optional, it would be up to you if you use the in-game character as avatar or not. If you don't want it, don't sync it. It's as simple as that. This community seems to be alive and kicking, I'm sure many would appreciate that one option.

5. That's not a solution, it's a quick fix or workaround, if you will. Expensive one, too.

6. You start digging. You dig horizontally for 300-400 blocks, and then you run out of torches or pickaxes. Nasty huh? Now you have to turn back. If that happened once, no poblem. If that happens 10 times, you kind of wish there was a magical way to get back to spawn point and portal and eventually your mithril bars and coal.

7. I'm guessing it would take between 3 and 20 lines of code to do a check and not allow a backpack be put inside another backpack. I remember how Nethack treated this problem a loooooong time ago. They have this Bag of holding, a sort of backpack if you will. If you put one inside another (trying to cheat, that is), both explode and you lose everything in both of them. It's just a check the game makes. And I'm pretty sure something like this would not be hard to implement. There are ways that people can hex edit items right now, I'm sure. You will never be able to stop cheaters 100%, so no need to leave out a nice thing just because someone might take advantage of it at some point. I agree you have do that when it comes to security, but this is hardly a security issue.

9. Why aren't you supposed to use them in a tunnel? It's a weapon, you should be able to use it wherever you want. There's a reason no one mains bows in Junk Jack (atleast not from what I've seen). In the end, the bow is a weapon, not a secondary weapon. Every game that I've ever played that had bow in it has made it so that you can main it. This goes back to a game from 1987 up to Skyrim. Yet, Junk Jack is nerfed in that area. I actually like bows, a lot. And I was kinda sad that I can't use them at all here. They just suck. They suck bad.

10. I belive it's worth the heap of time because it would atleast double what you can do in this game. As of now, I have finished Junk Jack 3 times. In 2 weeks. I don't like building, nor do I like collecting rare items unless they are useful to me. So, nothing left to do. I got the best armor in the game, I got the trinket to go with it, I have many of all the ores, I've bumped into all monsters, I have explored most of all planets, I might even finish all achievements for it. That's it! If I didn't like this game so much it's about around this point that I would quit and wait for an update, whenever that might come. Spells and what goes with them would definitely make the game last a whole lot longer. And make it more fun in the process. There's too little randomness and replay value to this game as of now for us non-item collectors, you can anticipate how a game will go from point 0 to end: "Sure, I'll make this furnace now, then copper armor, then an iron sword then hunt down fiends then craft silver armor then bla bla bla". They all go the same way because, in the end, we're all shooting for one of 3 or 4 setup combinations. Magic, now that'll open up a whole lot of new possibilities. One game I might play an ice mage, I freeze every monster for one second with that one spell that I found, enough time to kick them without them kicking back. Or ice shards, a spell that doen't hit monsters directly, it creates ice shards where you click and they fall on the enemy for extra damage, but with great timing. But this goes well with that Icy armor set, so I will use that for this game. But hey, when I start the game again I might not even find that spell since it's so rare, I have to adapt to using bolts of fire maybe? I need to make the fire set so I can take advantage of its buffs, so I'll finish the game with a whole different gear. The possibilities for fun are limitless when you have magic in a game!

11. Well, I do think before I do, but I never know what trinket I find next, maybe it will be one that makes 2 of my encrusts redundant, and then what? I go kill 100 black demons again to get 5 hide? Plus, when I first started playing the game, I wasted a ton of time looking this stuff up, I had no idea what is what, what is better and what not, etc. So, I would have loved to be able to experiment. This is not bomb disposal, it's a game...But, It was really easy to make a mistake, and I did, I encrusted a Red turtle chestplate with a freakin' sapphire by accident! It took me quite a few hours to get those shells... But, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Last edited by grimmulfr on Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the earth.

SollyStartles

PostFri Jan 03, 2014 3:18 pm

I don't care. I just want multitouch support.
i have to redo this

Spymans

PostFri Jan 03, 2014 3:59 pm

Sollision wrote:I don't care. I just want multitouch support.

:asd:
A true member of the JJ Hitman Group "X"

Spymans, the Ultimate Spy of ANARCHY

Mercenary in The Hitlist

My gc is: The Spymans

Multipackwolf

PostSat Jan 04, 2014 7:32 am

6, take your portal with you, or just mine on a completely new world, not the same world but a new world, newly generated.

Open Spoiler

grimmulfr

PostSat Jan 04, 2014 11:21 am

Multipackwolf wrote:6, take your portal with you, or just mine on a completely new world, not the same world but a new world, newly generated.

And if you fall in lava and have no immunity? Bye bye portal. I'm guessing that you mean that I should exit the new world, enter the main one, stack up, and go back. But, that's hardly a fix for this. Just finding workarounds is really not enough. An item like that would be way more useful and really not that hard to implement.
Anyways, this is dragging way too long. These are my ideas, if they will ever implement any of them, it's for Pixbits to decide. That if they even read them.

P.S.: New idea (hope it's new): Click and hold on attacks. My finger hurts from all the clicking, especially at mob grinders. Should be a global option, like the one for digging (hold to break).
When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the earth.

PyroMagmaPanda

PostSat Jan 04, 2014 12:59 pm

2539Woo wrote:I know where you're going, trust me, I've been on both sides. :sisi:

I wouldn't mind the spell books to learn new spells but I'm (strangely) hopeful that if they do implement spell books, it'll be reminiscent of WoW and you'll be able to hotslot your abilities and be able to switch between materials and spells :asd:

Mmorpg sandbox THATS ORIGINAL :D
The First Member Of Panda Pals
Proud and Sexy Member of the Stop Dupers Organization
Proud co-owner of the Spud Clan
Add me on GC:Qwertobe
11/27/13... Lest We Forget

Shaun

PostSat Jan 04, 2014 10:10 pm

Spymans wrote:Shaun nice posting spree i couldn't have done it better :approved:

:| Hehehe

2539Woo

PostSun Jan 05, 2014 12:24 am

PyroMagmaPanda wrote:
2539Woo wrote:I know where you're going, trust me, I've been on both sides. :sisi:

I wouldn't mind the spell books to learn new spells but I'm (strangely) hopeful that if they do implement spell books, it'll be reminiscent of WoW and you'll be able to hotslot your abilities and be able to switch between materials and spells :asd:

Mmorpg sandbox THATS ORIGINAL :D

If that ever happens, it won't be here, there's alchemy up and coming as it is :sisi: if that kind of game exists though…
The True Leader of the JJ Hitman Group "X"

I regret nothing! :asd:

Leader in The Hitlist

Where Law meets Morality

Don't tell me life isn't a game, it's filled with strategy, only difference is that there aren't cheats and you have one life.

Multipackwolf

PostSun Jan 05, 2014 9:55 am

grimmulfr wrote:
Multipackwolf wrote:6, take your portal with you, or just mine on a completely new world, not the same world but a new world, newly generated.

And if you fall in lava and have no immunity? Bye bye portal. I'm guessing that you mean that I should exit the new world, enter the main one, stack up, and go back. But, that's hardly a fix for this. Just finding workarounds is really not enough. An item like that would be way more useful and really not that hard to implement.
Anyways, this is dragging way too long. These are my ideas, if they will ever implement any of them, it's for Pixbits to decide. That if they even read them.

In all games you have to take precautions, no game is meant to simply give you an easy way of doing anything.

Open Spoiler

mugz

PostSat Feb 25, 2017 5:00 pm

2 years and still nothing

AFanOfStuff

PostWed Mar 01, 2017 8:31 pm