Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Writable Books & More in Creative

Discuss about new game features and ideas in this forum section.
  • Author
CraftyIn1080p

Writable Books & More in Creative

PostFri Aug 30, 2013 4:11 pm

Hey everyone, here's my two suggestions to help make adventure maps easier to build, and easier to play, as well as giving a few extra features in game to assist everyone.

Writable Books: Let us craft a book (Or in creative select it and write it.) The book would have extra pages, and hopefully it would have more space then a sign. Currently, if I were to create an adventure map, There would be signs everywhere, causing a little bit of disbelief, and your level of immersion would be little to none, like some of the early Minecraft adventure maps. The books would allow you to dive deeper into the story, or simply allow you to state the rules in a clean way.

How it would work:

Obviously, i'm not a Developer, and i'm not sure how hard it would be to do this, but I digress. Crafting would be an annoying aspect, considering it looks like to write signs, you need a pencil. So, to avoid confusion the crafting, (if you want to be able to write it) would include using a pencil and a book, crafting it into a writable book. Up to that point, i'm stumped. Crafting is easily done, but the way to actually select and write the book would be a little bit different. Possibly, selecting the book and tapping anywhere on the screen (aside from the pause button, menu, etc.) and it would let you begin writing, Or perhaps you simply have to tap it again once you have it selected in your hot bar. From there, you can write, and delete what you write. The amount of pages is up to the pixbits, but I would hope it would be a lot longer than the signs we have today.

Better Creative:

Currently, the creative mode is amazing, it really is. However I can't help but think that this mode simply won't help very much for adventure map creators. There are no items in the mode (Armor, Weapons, Etc) So giving the player loot is impossible- and not to mention there is no way to turn a creative world back to survival. I assume this is to make sure getting achievements isn't a joke, so why not disable achievements in previous creative worlds that have been turned into survival?

I know this game isn't focused on adventure maps, I never thought that it was, but these options could help both the player in survival world, and the creator in a creative world. We can still retrieve the world files from in game, and adventure maps are still possible, but it just feels like I'll be waiting until someone creates another " Treasure World " so I can turn the game to peaceful and create a map for others.
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/CraftyIn1080p
iOS Let's Plays, Tutorials, and more.

Gamecenter: CraftyIn1080p

Wolfe

Re: Writable Books & More in Creative

PostFri Aug 30, 2013 4:29 pm

These would certainly help with adventure maps :approved: , and even though I'm new as well, Welcome to the forums :P
GC(-JWolfe-)
"The ultimate goal of an artisan is to create a paradise."
Said to have "building magic" :p
Wanna see My World?
Master Artist of the Artisan Guild!
Here is my Building Guide!
SollyStartles wrote:You, sir, are a god.

CraftyIn1080p

PostFri Aug 30, 2013 6:35 pm

Wolfe wrote:These would certainly help with adventure maps :approved: , and even though I'm new as well, Welcome to the forums :P

Thanks!
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/CraftyIn1080p
iOS Let's Plays, Tutorials, and more.

Gamecenter: CraftyIn1080p

p1nkbr0

PostFri Aug 30, 2013 8:46 pm

Welcome to the forums! I like these ideas! It would definitely give more use to the pencil.

I'd like the idea of a special creative to adventure mode. I'm not sure how it will work, and how it will fit into the game's parameters. Jack can make anything work, though! ;) It's a great idea, though!
Intel i7 6700k, GTX 1080 FE, 16GB DDR4 RAM
Playing too much Junk Jack :B
Steam | Spotify

Stuart98

PostFri Aug 30, 2013 9:31 pm

Welcome to the forums! If you need anything, just ask myself or one of the other moderators (Mastery51 or a green name).
Thanks, Stuart98.
i AREZ AN GRAMMER nAZI!!
Patience. Patience people.
Proud ingredient in Su Tarts. :sisi:
Ask me if you need anything. Whatever it is, I can probably take care of it.

Return to Suggestions