Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Map Scrolling

Discuss about new game features and ideas in this forum section.
  • Author
peenpower

Map Scrolling

PostTue Sep 17, 2013 6:33 pm

I just started playing JJX. I really like the zoom-in and zoom-out functions in the map. But every time that I die when I am far down mining, I am not able to zoom out far enough to find my body. I have many underground paths and remembering which paths I took isn't always easy, so I think there should be a slide feature implemented when the map is zoomed out. This way, you can scroll across all of the explored area and find your body.

xSlickSticks

Re: Map Scrolling

PostTue Sep 17, 2013 6:42 pm

peenpower wrote:I just started playing JJX. I really like the zoom-in and zoom-out functions in the map. But every time that I die when I am far down mining, I am not able to zoom out far enough to find my body. I have many underground paths and remembering which paths I took isn't always easy, so I think there should be a slide feature implemented when the map is zoomed out. This way, you can scroll across all of the explored area and find your body.

When you click the Zoom out button, do you already hold the screen to zoom out more? Also if you keep getting frustrated keep a spare bed down at your middle of your mineshaft so your items won't explode into pixels.

Hope I helps!
-Slick
Check Out My Rare Items Shop!

Image Image Image

peenpower

PostTue Sep 17, 2013 7:21 pm

I click the map button, then hold it to expand my map, and I usually am still not able to find my body right away. I have already built myself a bed to relocate my spawn up top near my chests and house, so placing one underground wouldn't help but thanks for the suggestion. Luckily I have been able to find my body every time so far, some times just require more work than they should is all haha.

xSlickSticks

PostTue Sep 17, 2013 7:30 pm

peenpower wrote:I click the map button, then hold it to expand my map, and I usually am still not able to find my body right away. I have already built myself a bed to relocate my spawn up top near my chests and house, so placing one underground wouldn't help but thanks for the suggestion. Luckily I have been able to find my body every time so far, some times just require more work than they should is all haha.

No problem. Also might I suggest a strip-mine?

As shown here:

-Slick
Check Out My Rare Items Shop!

Image Image Image

Sonas

PostWed Sep 25, 2013 2:37 pm

Jesus, dude. *Bows*
GameCenter & Skype name: "Venaduin"

Oceansport

PostThu Sep 26, 2013 2:15 am

xSlickSticks wrote:
peenpower wrote:I click the map button, then hold it to expand my map, and I usually am still not able to find my body right away. I have already built myself a bed to relocate my spawn up top near my chests and house, so placing one underground wouldn't help but thanks for the suggestion. Luckily I have been able to find my body every time so far, some times just require more work than they should is all haha.

No problem. Also might I suggest a strip-mine?

As shown here:

-Slick

How did you zoom out that far
Proudly an official member of the Finned Brotherhood!

MY SHOP

CHALLEMGE MAPS***

Gamecenter: 10beast10

TwelveFoot

PostThu Sep 26, 2013 2:29 am

Hey, I recognize that picture… That's my mine! :P

It's zoomed out that far because,
A: It's from old JJ. There is a world viewer app for that.
B: It's actually 2 pictures photoshopped together.
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
2. The world is big, 256 blocks high and 768 across.
3. Who is John Galt?
4. Lack of objection does not indicate consent.
5. We scream, we shout, we wail, we cry; but in the end we all must die.

unfaithful p1nkbr0

PostThu Sep 26, 2013 4:53 am

yeah. stop taking twelve's work and making it your own. My patience is running thin today. I had to deal with freshmen at work today. THE WORLD IS NOT YOUR TRASHCAN!! THERE ARE LIKE 8 TRASH CANS IN A TINY STORE!! USE THEM!!!
Intel i7 6700k, GTX 1080 FE, 16GB DDR4 RAM
Playing too much Junk Jack :B
Steam | Spotify

Return to Suggestions