Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Gaming experience improvements

Discuss about new game features and ideas in this forum section.
  • Author
grimmulfr

Gaming experience improvements

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 12:29 pm

I realize that I broke some of the suggestion posting rules, but I couldn't fit all this in the title, and I searched for some of it and apart from the backpack, it's not here already.

1. Inventory auto arrange button. I love how you can match your loot with your chest, so you don't have to drop the loot into chests manually. But, after you drop everything, you are left with a scattered inventory. How about you add a button that auto aranges that? Maybe stack them all by type in the left or bottom part of the inventory (or, even better, you could add an option to select where you want to stack them?!). You could also make this available for chest inventory.

2. This is minor and you only see that ever so rarely, but once you get enough immunities, the text in the stats window overlaps the graphics. How about you just add the icons and make them a clickable item?! I would take advantage of the extended tooltip window for them. When you click the lava icon, it would popup the lava protection percentage, and maybe a small description of what lava immunity actually is (for new players).

3. When you run out of a tool or item, load the hotbar slot with the next best thing of the same type in your inventory. Let's say that I have 10 hits left in my equiped Galvanium sword. I have a Titanium sword and a Mithril sword in my inventory. When the Galvanium one breaks, swap the Titanium one into this slot so I can continue fighting.

4. Pixbits forum profile integration: You have an in-game login/sync with the forum (you set your username and password). You would have a button in the main menu that uploads your info to the forum. At first, this could be setting your avatar on the forums, make it so it shows your character. After that, if it's not a whole lot of trouble, you could also upload stats, it would definitely help with the "what is your armor setup" questions. The forum could be changed to have absolute paths for the avatars and the game would simply overwrite those (similar to how minecraft keeps the avatar in the same place and you can just upload it there).

5. Double chests. When you have two chests one on top of the other, combine their inventory. No need to change the way they look. For example, if I have an iron chest on top of a mithril one, when I click any of them I would get a 6-page chest inventory instead of having to use them separately.

6. Add a rare item similar to Terraria's magic mirror. You can jump back to spawn point when you activate it (unlimited uses). I hate it when I have my spawn point on surface and I have to walk all the way back to it from bedrock when I have to drop the loot from my grinder.

7. Someone already said something about a backpack item, and I feel the same way, it would greatly add to the game! You could make it a rare item on Terra, maybe a zombie drop!? With this, remove the part where when your inventory is full, you fill the combine grid. It sucks when that is full and I have to create torches on-the-fly, I have to drop or destroy items in my inventory to be able to do the combine. I would make it the same size as the main inventory, or atleast half of that. Encrusting it with a diamond would double the size.

8. Maybe, just maybe, add map bookmarks? Help out people that find interesting stuff like a chest that they can't open at the time, so they can easily come back after it?! These could be placeable items like signs so you don't have to change the interface a whole lot. Just make those items (if any) visible on the map.

9. Think about making bows a little better. At the moment, they are kind of useless. Not sure if it's low damage or ease of use, but something is just not right there. I would definitely increase the range a bit, the arrows drop a little to early to be useable as actual arrows, atleast that's my opinion. Make the "arch" straighter or something to that effect.

10. Add more magic weapons, seriously! Maybe rare spellbooks that drop from a mob that you can use as casting weapons? You could either make them with limited use, or implement mana into the game and make them permanent items that make use of it. This would open up a whole new gaming experience chapter. Armors that add mana or casting buffs etc.

11. Add an option to remove gems from items after you've encrusted them. Nothing worse than having to farm for demon hide again, because you want to encrust your armor piece with a different gem. I would make a new craftable "encrust table", where you encrust or remove encrusted gems. Add 3 slots: one for the item, one for the gem (for encrusting), and a third one that has 2 uses: if you drop an encrusted item on there, have a button to remove the gem from it and if you drop ores/gems like diamond, have a button to convert to cut diamond, ready for encrusting.

I will add to this list once I get any more ideas. Again sorry if these were already suggested.
When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Spymans

Re: Gaming experience improvements

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 3:36 pm

goood ideas!!!! :approved:

i want there to be an ability to be able to automatcially equip your clothes, becuase i really dont like dragging them
A true member of the JJ Hitman Group "X"

Spymans, the Ultimate Spy of ANARCHY

Mercenary in The Hitlist

My gc is: The Spymans

DesertEagleHD

• Location: in a room, in a house, united states, planet earth, somewhere in space

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 5:37 pm

Some of these I like some I don't

Molotov13

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 5:49 pm

there is already a sorting option.
Drag an item into the crafting grid then click the [items to inventory] button it will then organize your inventory... somewhat
[GC: SladeMolotov13]

2539Woo

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 6:28 pm

^ What he said, that and the quick-stack similar items in chests function. Some ideas would make this look like a Terraria rip-off yes? Isn't the idea to make JJX as unique as possible?
The True Leader of the JJ Hitman Group "X"

I regret nothing! :asd:

Leader in The Hitlist

Where Law meets Morality

Don't tell me life isn't a game, it's filled with strategy, only difference is that there aren't cheats and you have one life.

Spymans

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 6:31 pm

yes i agree with you woo rereading his post now....

Mercenary in The Hitlist

grimmulfr

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 6:38 pm

I kinda have to dissagree on the whole ripoff thing. Terraria didn't invent the notion of mana and spell(books), it just comes natural for these types of games. Same goes for the "get back to spawn" thing. Leaving aside things that are actually useful and enrich gaming experience is not what makes a game unique, it's how you take care of those aspects that makes it so.

Regarding the sort thing, it's not what I described. First of all, I would have to drag the items manually and then click, that kind of beats the purpose as I could just position them myself in the inventory. I was not talking about stacking items of the same type together, I know you can do that with the grid. I'm talking about actually reordering everything with one button. to keep the interface clean and without gaps between items.

2539Woo

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 6:42 pm

Oh, an auto sort function… I see
About that rip-off thing, I know what you mean, I'm only voicing what every imbecile in the AS reviews would say "Oh this is just a Terraria ripoff, plz don't by, they stol ideas" :no:

Leader in The Hitlist

Where Law meets Morality

Don't tell me life isn't a game, it's filled with strategy, only difference is that there aren't cheats and you have one life.

Spymans

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 6:43 pm

:asd:

Mercenary in The Hitlist

grimmulfr

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 6:48 pm

2539Woo wrote:Oh, an auto sort function… I see
About that rip-off thing, I know what you mean, I'm only voicing what every imbecile in the AS reviews would say "Oh this is just a Terraria ripoff, plz don't by, they stol ideas" :no:

They said the same thing about SurvivalCraft vs Minecraft PE, and usually those are people who haven't even played the "ripoff". Fanboys, if you will. A developer should not care about those voices, as long as they stand behind their work and believe it to be what it's supposed to be. And Junk Jack is as original as it gets, I don't believe that adding spells would make it look like Terraria, it would just make it better. But hey, I'm just having an opinion here, it's up to Pixbits to decide if they want something like that or not, of course. I was just saying what would work for me, I would love the game more if it had these.
I've been playing RPGs for well over 20 years now (now that I'm hearing myself, wow...), and I've never said "this is a ripoff", because there are some game elements that are and have to be part of every game in the genre.
If that were true and they were ripping eachother off, most games today would be a ripoff of games like hack, moria, rogue and Eye of the beholder, no? They had mana, spells, swords, even block placement and whatnot :)

2539Woo

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 6:53 pm

I know where you're going, trust me, I've been on both sides. :sisi:

I wouldn't mind the spell books to learn new spells but I'm (strangely) hopeful that if they do implement spell books, it'll be reminiscent of WoW and you'll be able to hotslot your abilities and be able to switch between materials and spells :asd:

Leader in The Hitlist

Where Law meets Morality

Spymans

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 6:54 pm

yes we want it to be unique

Mercenary in The Hitlist

Shaun

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 8:48 pm

The forum stats thing is a good idea! Nice ideas!

Spymans

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 8:51 pm

Shaun nice posting spree i couldn't have done it better :approved:

Mercenary in The Hitlist

Emblin

PostFri Jan 03, 2014 6:16 am

I like most ideas, although sadly the backpack would be very exploitable or have issues in general. I can imagine a bug where the inventory inside the backpack disappears, or having people use every slot in the inventory a separate pack.
Proud and only member of the JJX Forever Alone Club

Very hard/Hardcore miner, monster slayer

Yuca and Cryo are my favorite planets

Museum of every rare in JJX ever to exist:
http://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ
Next

Return to Suggestions