Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Dungeons

Discuss about new game features and ideas in this forum section.
  • Author
Lightbulb

Dungeons

PostSun Feb 15, 2015 10:23 am

In my opinion, there should probably be dungeons. Dungeons will be special fixed buildings. Only 1 will exist each planet and will have different looks and themes each planet. Portals wont work unless you completely raided the dungeon. So, for short, dungeons will be like you taking your entrance exam in your school.

The basics for the dungeon is that there will be a door that can only be broken using the highest tier hammer you can get in the planet. (There will be no drop of the door :P) Once inside, monsters will spawn and a lot, as in a lot. No matter what difficulty you are in, monster spawn rates inside the dungeon will be phenomenally high. (Although, the damage you give and receive is in accordance with the difficulty you have). Also, the dungeon walls will be unique, and by that, i mean that it will not be breakable with any pickaxe and any bomb. (To prevent cheating by breaking in :D )

The inside will contain many unique stuff (much like a biome). Your goal is to reach the end and mine the "(Planet) Jammer". This item will look like a dark block with the planet's look in it. Destroying it will grant you the ability to travel to the corresponding planet.

The dungeons in the next planets, to make inpt increasingly harder will have traps that can be disabled by mining or surrounding it (but mining is oviously safer and more ideal. Also, there will be no drops of the trap to prevent killings especially for multiplayer). The traps will be blocks which will either be a damaging block or the classic shoot-randomly trap.

So, to sum it all up, the dungeon is a building where in there are mobs and traps to kill you. Youll have to pass it and destroy a certain item to make the portal work and pass the next planet. This would be like the "boss" the planet can offer.

That all, please post yout thoughts about the subject. Thanks for reading.

Wolfe

Re: Dungeons

PostSun Feb 15, 2015 6:22 pm

It might be interesting to have a different way to get to another planet rather than the standard portal piece's...
GC(-JWolfe-)
"The ultimate goal of an artisan is to create a paradise."
Said to have "building magic" :p
Wanna see My World?
Master Artist of the Artisan Guild!
Here is my Building Guide!
SollyStartles wrote:You, sir, are a god.

xSlickSticks

Dungeons

PostSun Feb 15, 2015 6:33 pm

I guess, but what happens if the implement infinite worlds?
Check Out My Rare Items Shop!

Image Image Image

Lightbulb

PostMon Feb 16, 2015 7:37 am

Im thinking of maybe already adding portal pieces but they cannot be used or activated yet. Once the data and stuff for the new planet is on, maybe they can put the graphical gizmos and stuff that the portal can do. I dont know if this is possible to do but this is the onky solution i can think off.

Edit: oh haha! i thought you meant like, what if youve reached the end of the lastest planet and a new planet comes along, and you ask how can dungeons generate in said latest planet for you to go to the new planet.
Last edited by Lyven on Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfe

PostTue Feb 17, 2015 11:22 pm

xSlickSticks wrote:I guess, but what happens if the implement infinite worlds?

That won't happen. Almost guaranteed.
GC(-JWolfe-)
"The ultimate goal of an artisan is to create a paradise."
Said to have "building magic" :p
Wanna see My World?
Master Artist of the Artisan Guild!
Here is my Building Guide!
SollyStartles wrote:You, sir, are a god.

CoolDamp1

PostWed Feb 18, 2015 11:53 am

Wolfe wrote:
xSlickSticks wrote:I guess, but what happens if the implement infinite worlds?

That won't happen. Almost guaranteed.

If it does maybe have more than just one, like five or seven. Kinda like the strongholds in minecraft! I LOVE THIS IDEA!

CoolDamp Approved! :approved: :approved: :approved: :approved: :approved:
Current News
JJX: Now with giant mushrooms!
Minecraft: Currently getting ruined by Microsoft
Terraria: Currently ending it's adventure.
Survivalcraft: Ruined by groups.
Minebuilder: Slow climb, still hard.

Return to Suggestions