Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

[MULTIPLAYER] Junk Jack X Accounts?

Discuss about new game features and ideas in this forum section.
  • Author
SuperNintendo

[MULTIPLAYER] Junk Jack X Accounts?

PostFri May 22, 2015 10:57 am

So yeah... JJX Accounts rather than Game Center (but still supported, used by JJX acc.).

Other people with JJx accounts can friend you, unfriend, chat, invite, etc.
All you need is your Username and Password. Ex: User: Supah Neen10doh Pass: secret
With your account complete, you can Log-in on other devices, Log-out. You can switch between your players while logged in and they keep their inventory.

Anyone interested?
On the quest of being a helpful forum user.

GC: Super_Nintendo

tdgroebner17

Re: [MULTIPLAYER] Junk Jack X Accounts?

PostFri May 22, 2015 6:07 pm

what would be the point of it though? since there's already GameCenter. well, since GameCenter doesn't really have a "chat" I could see how this would be useful
something clever is supposed to go here... but whatever
GameCenter: xTG17x

SolarPug

PostFri May 22, 2015 6:12 pm

I could definitely see this going somewhere.
Game Center's multiplayer system isn't that great, because if you miss an invite, you can't join. And the invites only stay, for like, three seconds.
Maybe with these accounts we could open rooms and have friends be able to join rooms instead of having to constantly resend invites because the other person missed the short window of opportunity.
Thanks, Solly.

tdgroebner17

PostFri May 22, 2015 6:15 pm

SolarPug wrote:I could definitely see this going somewhere.
Game Center's multiplayer system isn't that great, because if you miss an invite, you can't join. And the invites only stay, for like, three seconds.
Maybe with these accounts we could open rooms and have friends be able to join rooms instead of having to constantly resend invites because the other person missed the short window of opportunity.

very true
something clever is supposed to go here... but whatever
GameCenter: xTG17x

SuperNintendo

PostFri May 22, 2015 10:34 pm

My other device and this is using the same GC account but different players, world, etc.

And the invites, yes. Well, you can go to your notifications tab and press "Mrs_Cupcake87 send yiu an invitation: Wanna play Junk Jack X?" But tye problem with that is it's too slow. They might cancel the invitation but you wanna play with them and they don't know you're online.

2539Woo

PostSat May 23, 2015 12:21 am

That would probably require a constant connection at all times. It's a nice thought, but you really shouldn't need to have more than one device to play JJX, and the inventory thing, well, you can just die or toss out your entire inventory to another character model, it really isn't that difficult, a little more time consuming maybe but it's not really that much of an obstacle.
The True Leader of the JJ Hitman Group "X"

I regret nothing! :asd:

Leader in The Hitlist

Where Law meets Morality

Don't tell me life isn't a game, it's filled with strategy, only difference is that there aren't cheats and you have one life.

SuperNintendo

PostSat May 23, 2015 6:58 am

It's like:

*Somewhere far away from home*

"I should've brought my iPad because it has my main world and player. Now I have to spend my whole day with a new world and player :("

2539Woo

PostSat May 23, 2015 2:17 pm

SuperNintendo wrote:It's like:

*Somewhere far away from home*

"I should've brought my iPad because it has my main world and player. Now I have to spend my whole day with a new world and player :("

Yeah but how would you access the accounts? If you're suggesting there be offline accounts, then that's feasible but it's not necessarily an idea I can wholly wrap my head around.
The True Leader of the JJ Hitman Group "X"

I regret nothing! :asd:

Leader in The Hitlist

Where Law meets Morality

Don't tell me life isn't a game, it's filled with strategy, only difference is that there aren't cheats and you have one life.

caroger

PostSun May 24, 2015 9:31 am

Rather than accounts it should support cloud saves.

The game "Battleheart: Legacy" has had the best cloud save setup so far in any game I have played, imo. The game saves are stored locally on your device so you can play offline, but you have the option to upload a copy of your save game to the cloud (when you have an internet connection), and then you can hop on another device and you have the option to download it.

So here's how a scenario would play out... You play for a while on your iPhone, while riding in the car, making a bunch of progress, then when you get home you decide you wanna play on your iPad, so you go to the main menu, upload your save from the phone to the cloud with a quick tap of a button, then open up JJX on the iPad and then download the saves and pick up exactly where you left off and vice-versa.

So many games today support multi-device saves, I REALLY with JJX was one of them. Using iExplorer all the time to swap saves from device to device really sucks... :(

SuperNintendo

PostSun May 24, 2015 9:39 am

2539Woo wrote:Yeah but how would you access the accounts? If you're suggesting there be offline accounts, then that's feasible but it's not necessarily an idea I can wholly wrap my head around.

Umm... Username and Pass using internet connection. You could log in with internet connection then it will be saved into the device (secured) and then you can log in with thay same acc. saved into the device w/o internet connection... If possible.

Or just use another method.

pianotoad

PostMon Aug 07, 2017 6:45 pm

Hi all!

This being 2 years ago, how is JJ behaving now with multiple devices? I'm exactly in this situation, I want to play on my iPhone and iPad in the same world, without having to transfer the save game manually via PC. Plus I want to know if I can play offline without internet connection.
I have not yet purchased the game, but would like to do if the above is true.

Thanks!

Edit: Sorry to dig up this old post despite the rules in the sticky thread, however I felt this makes more sense rather than starting a new thread about the same. I searched for this already but did not find an answer.

mastery51

PostMon Aug 07, 2017 7:41 pm

pianotoad wrote:Hi all!

This being 2 years ago, how is JJ behaving now with multiple devices? I'm exactly in this situation, I want to play on my iPhone and iPad in the same world, without having to transfer the save game manually via PC. Plus I want to know if I can play offline without internet connection.
I have not yet purchased the game, but would like to do if the above is true.

Thanks!

You still have to transfer your saved worlds using pc. But the world's are universal so you can transfer saved world's between mobile devices and steam version.
You do not need and internet connection to play junk jack single player or local multiplayer. You do need it for online and direct multiplayer.
Seeking Knowledge & Adventure
~Moderator~

pianotoad

PostMon Aug 07, 2017 8:23 pm

Thanks for the quick answer!
Didn't know I can play the same world on PC and iOS!
So even between two iOS-devices i need to transfer it via PC?
And could I play a local multiplayer with two iOS devices under the same Apple ID?

TwelveFoot

PostTue Aug 08, 2017 1:55 am

Correct, a PC is needed to transfer worlds.

Local multiplayer uses bluetooth and works fine as far as I know.
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
2. The world is big, 256 blocks high and 768 across.
3. Who is John Galt?
4. Lack of objection does not indicate consent.
5. We scream, we shout, we wail, we cry; but in the end we all must die.

Return to Suggestions