Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Jurassic World

Discuss about new game features and ideas in this forum section.
  • Author
Mudkip45

Re: Jurassic World

PostMon Jul 20, 2015 8:25 am

The thing is we discovered that velociraptors and T-rexes might have been feathered, T-Rexes being HERBIVORES and Triceratops…Triceratopses…whatever…are actually young Torosauruses…Torosauri?…oh, come on! But IF they add this, they might just make them what we previously thought they were and looked like. :dunno:
So, seeing these news could just be a step to be skipped in the blink of an eye.
egg

Runo Spitfire

PostMon Jul 20, 2015 6:59 pm

Mudkip45 wrote:The thing is we discovered that velociraptors and T-rexes might have been feathered, T-Rexes being HERBIVORES and Triceratops…Triceratopses…whatever…are actually young Torosauruses…Torosauri?…oh, come on! But IF they add this, they might just make them what we previously thought they were and looked like. :dunno:
So, seeing these news could just be a step to be skipped in the blink of an eye.

Dude was that a typo 'cause, I'm pretty sure that the Tyrannosaurus rexes were carnivores.
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." (Friedrich Nietzsche)

Stuart98

PostMon Jul 20, 2015 7:44 pm

He must be thinking of this: http://www.livescience.com/50631-t-rex- ... lants.html

Calling it a relative is a bit of a stretch. It's about as related to a T-Rex as we are to a spider monkey, taxonomically speaking, and it lived 80 million years before T-Rex.

Triceratops and Torosaurus are most likely distinct. Findings are not yet entirely conclusive one way or the other, but leaning on distinct.
Thanks, Stuart98.
i AREZ AN GRAMMER nAZI!!
Patience. Patience people.
Proud ingredient in Su Tarts. :sisi:
Ask me if you need anything. Whatever it is, I can probably take care of it.

Runo Spitfire

PostTue Jul 21, 2015 2:16 am

Makes sense. The Chilesaurus diegosuarezi was indeed a herbivore, but like you said the two species shares the same genus but are two dissimilar to be part of the same species. My guess is that they shared a common ancestor but due to the movement of the tectonic plates, some T-rexes ended up in what is now South America (Chile) and underwent progressive mutations which turned them into herbivores.
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." (Friedrich Nietzsche)

Stuart98

PostTue Jul 21, 2015 9:01 pm

No no no no no!

Tyranosaurus is a genus.

Chilesaurus is a genus.

Taxonomically, the lowest level that they shared is sub-order.

It lived 80 million years before T-Rex existed! It's more distantly related to the T-Rex than a bird!

I think this follows the rule of "Don't say anything if you don't know what you're talking about".
Thanks, Stuart98.
i AREZ AN GRAMMER nAZI!!
Patience. Patience people.
Proud ingredient in Su Tarts. :sisi:
Ask me if you need anything. Whatever it is, I can probably take care of it.

Runo Spitfire

PostTue Jul 21, 2015 10:57 pm

I stand corrected. I used the word "genus" in a loose manner. The chilesaurus diegosuarezi and tyrannosaurus rex are two distinct species. I never claimed to be an expert in taxonomy, I just spoke my mind. I fail to see the need for all your exclamation points.

Runo Spitfire

PostTue Jul 21, 2015 11:01 pm

Stuart98 wrote:I think this follows the rule of "Don't say anything if you don't know what you're talking about".

Two of my favorite quotes:
“When you give yourself permission to communicate what matters to you in every situation you will have peace despite rejection or disapproval. Putting a voice to your soul helps you to let go of the negative energy of fear and regret.” (Shannon Alder)
"Making mistakes is better than faking perfections".
Previous

Return to Suggestions