Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Recruitable NPCs

Discuss about new game features and ideas in this forum section.
  • Author
Zero1000

Re: Recruitable NPCs

PostSun Jul 12, 2015 7:29 am

But we don't want it to become a clone of those games. Plus those titles honestly sound dumb in my opinion.

I say we keep Junk Jack X as Junk Jack X.
Former Mercenary in The Hitlist
I leave as many griefers as my name! Zero, A member of ANARCHY
«A Nice Member in Apple FanClub»
Zero1000 is a Merchant of Many

Darth Malgus

PostSun Jul 19, 2015 7:53 pm

Coding "nightmare" my butt. Have you guys ever learned to code?
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
- Calvin [and Hobbes]

In game name: Baron Revilgaz
Gamecenter: Phishi

xXtcikotciXx

PostSun Jul 19, 2015 10:31 pm

lol
GC: CmakLove

Noob iOS "Hacker".

Zero1000

PostMon Jul 20, 2015 1:11 am

Darth Malgus wrote:Coding "nightmare" my butt. Have you guys ever learned to code?

Oh my god! It's DocVenger!

You must understand a thing. Coding isn't as easy as you think. Coding is hard.

Darth Malgus

PostSat Jul 25, 2015 3:17 am

Actually, I don't think coding is "easy", I know it is hard. I appreciate the work of the developers. But you also must understand something - bashing peoples ideas because you pseudo-deduct that it would be a "coding nightmare" is kinda weird, y'know? Do you code? If you do, you know what I mean. I know C++, Javascript, HTML, ZilchScript, CSS, jQuery (JS HTML CSS and jQuery were self-taught). I'm simply annoyed at the way some people dismiss every single idea on the subforum with "Coding Nightmare." By the way - this is the way some of you dismissed most electronics ideas - until they actually implemented electronics. I know such a thing would probably be really hard, especially for only 2 devs. But you're making it as if it would never be implemented.
Last edited by Darth Malgus on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
- Calvin [and Hobbes]

Darth Malgus

PostSun Jul 26, 2015 1:16 am

So I found out who DocVenger was - a banned and offensive forums member from 2013. He was apparently banned for hating this game and raging about it on this forum. Guess what? I love JJX. It's the best sandbox I've ever played, period. And now I'm being compared to him? For what? Getting annoyed at inept people (at coding) discussing "coding nightmares" like they know everything about coding? Please. This game is awesome. I really like this forum too, even if sometimes I act like I don't. Show some respect to a fellow human being.

Your point is questionable until you get some actual experience with coding - not the "knowing quite a few coders" type of experience you like to show off in PMs and stuff.

Please - hear me out. I'm not trying to be aggressive. So read my posts and PMs - thoroughly.
Maybe then you might understand what I mean. Up to now you have seemed a nice guy and I sincerely hope that I can retain that judgement.

For now, I won't reply much because I'm taking a 2 week game design course at the game dev college Digipen.
- Calvin [and Hobbes]

Zero1000

PostSun Jul 26, 2015 5:04 am

You said you code sites. So, until you show me you can easliy code a sandbox game, i will keep my point.

Darth Malgus

PostSun Jul 26, 2015 4:30 pm

Wow. Again you ignore 99% of my post and challenge me to do something YOU could never do. I challenged you to code knowing fully well that I myself would code, lest I be a hypocrite. By know, you have proved to me that you are exactly that. You're asking me to "easily code a sandbox game." For the last freaking time I don't think coding is easy! I have actually coded games, it takes forever. Again, I do not want the devs to introduce every single suggestion! Despite all this, you still act as if your judgement is infinitely better than mine. You have never coded. Yet you think your point still stands because you doubt I can remake JJX very easily. (You think you are still superior because I code sites, "phh".) You know what I'd like to see? You even LEARNING how to code, not hanging on to "I play a lot of games" or "I know some coders" superiority complex. Because you haven't even tried.
- Calvin [and Hobbes]

Zero1000

PostTue Jul 28, 2015 2:37 am

Darth Malgus wrote:So I found out who DocVenger was - a banned and offensive forums member from 2013. He was apparently banned for hating this game and raging about it on this forum. Guess what? I love JJX. It's the best sandbox I've ever played, period. And now I'm being compared to him? For what? Getting annoyed at inept people (at coding) discussing "coding nightmares" like they know everything about coding? Please. This game is awesome. I really like this forum too, even if sometimes I act like I don't. Show some respect to a fellow human being.

Regarding this point, he didn't just hated JJX (that isn't even a banneable offense. It would be stupid.), but also argued about coding and was like "my brother ccould do it in his sleep", which is almost what you were doing now. He didn't understand codiing isn't easy.

Darth Malgus

PostTue Jul 28, 2015 8:32 pm

No, that is what you are acting like. You are using "I know coders" as an excuse to bash suggestions, which we already don't have enough of. And for the REALLY last, last last last last time, I do not think coding is easy! I know it is hard, as a person who knows how to code. I do not consider myself a coding expert, but at least I know how to do it.

Look again through my posts. You will find at least a dozen statements saying "I don't think coding is easy"
- Calvin [and Hobbes]

Unnamed

PostThu Aug 27, 2015 1:26 am

Zero1000 wrote:
Darth Malgus wrote:So I found out who DocVenger was - a banned and offensive forums member from 2013. He was apparently banned for hating this game and raging about it on this forum. Guess what? I love JJX. It's the best sandbox I've ever played, period. And now I'm being compared to him? For what? Getting annoyed at inept people (at coding) discussing "coding nightmares" like they know everything about coding? Please. This game is awesome. I really like this forum too, even if sometimes I act like I don't. Show some respect to a fellow human being.

Regarding this point, he didn't just hated JJX (that isn't even a banneable offense. It would be stupid.), but also argued about coding and was like "my brother ccould do it in his sleep", which is almost what you were doing now. He didn't understand codiing isn't easy.

"My brother could do it in his sleep" isn't even close to "coding takes time" and "i know coding isn't easy"

Yes, i agree that saying "coding nightmare my butt" isn't the best thing to say to be liked, but you shouldn't keep on comparing him to DocVenger, last time i checked DocVenger didn't admit that coding isn't easy, and that he couldn't replicate JJX easily
IT IS SPREA-

oh, it's dead. rip

Darth Malgus

PostThu Aug 27, 2015 11:38 pm

I guess I shouldn't have said that, but I still think Zero has been trolling me this whole time.
- Calvin [and Hobbes]

TheJunkJackXPlayer12

PostThu Sep 03, 2015 2:45 am

Lol I didn't know this post was still active I posted this like 2 months ago. Anyways I just came to tell everyone that I did not mean for this post to become an argumentative post about coding it was merely a suggestion and I would've been fine if somebody would've just said "I don't think the devs could do this right now " however, I do sort of agree with Darth malgus when he said that you shouldn't bash a suggestion just because you think the devs couldn't do it. These are very capable developers with the skills to code in electronics in a 2D sandbox game which was previously said to be nearly impossible. So in closing, I would just like to say that everyone should keep an open mind and stop limiting the devs abilities :rock:
SIGNATURES WANTED

Zero1000

PostThu Sep 03, 2015 3:35 am

Darth Malgus, sorry if it seemed like if i trollled you, but now i see your point. I'm sorry.

JJXPlayer, There are 2 people. Since the iOs could have a hard tiime handling it and we will not make it exclusive to PC (*s to mirror each other), then this idea may see the light on a future. Not sure which, but a future.

Darth Malgus

PostFri Sep 04, 2015 1:00 am

It's alright. Sorry if I overreacted.
- Calvin [and Hobbes]

Previous

Return to Suggestions