Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 


Building/Placing Items (edited/added to...again)

Discuss about new game features and ideas in this forum section.
  • Author
  • Message

Avisia

Offline

  • Posts: 35
  • Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:08 pm

Building/Placing Items (edited/added to...again)

PostFri Nov 20, 2015 5:42 am

So, things I'd like to do:
  • Link together multiple chains from the ceiling
  • Hang lantern from a chain (if generated worlds can make it, why can't I?) :mumble:
  • Attach ladders to ceilings or floors instead of only floors
  • Grow plants upside down (at least the ones you originally found like that)
  • Plant climb able vines (think about the cool Tarzan lairs!) :love:
  • Automatic trapdoors... Why can mobs walk over them like we do? :sbonk: I'd love to see them fall through!
  • Bridges and/or ladders in front of trees w/o damaging them. Harvest hard to reach acorns, apricots, pine cones and chestnuts!
  • Alternatively, 'apple-picker' type tool for harvesting fruit and nuts out of reach. (if we have that, it could also be possible to have more of the trees grow large and bear lots of fruit. Imagine Apple trees growing 9 or more apples each!)

Ideas I got from games and other stuff:
  • Elevators! Climbing can take quite a while when you've dug deep, and we have electricity to power them.
  • Stackable buckets. Please!
  • Tamed dogs/cats/birds fetch reagents and other dropped items. (No more worry about out of reach stuff)
  • Tamed dogs/cats attack mobs

Other random ideas:
  • Tamed birds that are housed drop feathers. In higher difficulty, the occasionally drop weird feathers.
  • Kenneled dogs drop bones (since dogs love digging up bones)
  • Housed cats drop... something. Maybe bird meat or fish.
  • Penned pigs drop mushrooms. (Kinda like how pigs are used for truffles)
  • Tamed dogs/cats/etc used as trinkets have some benefits. (my pref would be luck to get better mob drops)
Last edited by Avisia on Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

Zero1000

Offline

User avatar
  • Posts: 2062
  • Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:33 am
  • Location: Being myself

Re: Building/Placing Items

PostFri Nov 20, 2015 6:04 am

Avisia wrote:So, things I'd like to do:
  • Link together multiple chains from the ceiling
  • Hang lantern from a chain (if generated worlds can make it, why can't I?) :mumble:
  • Attach ladders to ceilings or floors instead of only floors
  • Grow plants upside down (at least the ones you originally found like that)
  • Plant climb able vines (think about the cool Tarzan lairs!) :love:
  • Automatic trapdoors... Why can mobs walk over them like we do? :sbonk: I'd love to see them fall through!

Also... Non-building related: Stackable buckets! I have chests full of water buckets, milk buckets, empty buckets... I walk through my fenced cow sheds and go from near-empty inventory to completely full!


1+3: That sounds logical. Why Jack? Why does world generation has privileges that we don't?

2: I don't know about that. Maybe not.

4: Also sounds cool for user made adventure maps.

5: Aren't trapdoors supposed to be put above a +3 blocks deep pit?
Image
Former Mercenary in The Hitlist
I leave as many griefers as my name! Zero, A member of ANARCHY
«A Nice Member in Apple FanClub»
Zero1000 is a Merchant of Many
Image

Multipackwolf

Offline

User avatar
  • Posts: 24034
  • Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:58 pm
  • Location: Grinding my way through MMO's.

Re: Building/Placing Items

PostFri Nov 20, 2015 11:33 am

Image
Steam | Discord - Multarix#1337
Warframe | Hammerhead of <Space Shark Incorporated> | Multarix
Black Desert (NA, UNO) | GM of <Aggro> | Indus

Avisia

Offline

  • Posts: 35
  • Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:08 pm

Re: Building/Placing Items

PostFri Nov 20, 2015 8:27 pm

Zero1000 wrote:
Avisia wrote:So, things I'd like to do:
  • Link together multiple chains from the ceiling
  • Hang lantern from a chain (if generated worlds can make it, why can't I?) :mumble:
  • Attach ladders to ceilings or floors instead of only floors
  • Grow plants upside down (at least the ones you originally found like that)
  • Plant climb able vines (think about the cool Tarzan lairs!) :love:
  • Automatic trapdoors... Why can mobs walk over them like we do? :sbonk: I'd love to see them fall through!

Also... Non-building related: Stackable buckets! I have chests full of water buckets, milk buckets, empty buckets... I walk through my fenced cow sheds and go from near-empty inventory to completely full!


1+3: That sounds logical. Why Jack? Why does world generation has privileges that we don't?

2: I don't know about that. Maybe not.

4: Also sounds cool for user made adventure maps.

5: Aren't trapdoors supposed to be put above a +3 blocks deep pit?


I have no idea about trapdoors. Haven't thought to try deeper pits... But if the pit is that deep, won't it be out of reach for several weapons?
And I don't see how 2 doesn't fit in with 1 & 3... Maybe you got the #s mixed up on that... Seeing as there's 6 things listed. 1) chains. 2) lanterns. 3) ladders. 4) upside down plants. 5) vines. 6) traps.
Ladders idea is kinda like the vines. Another way to get around above the surface where mobs are found. And having ladders like that lets you grow plants on the surface below.

Avisia

Offline

  • Posts: 35
  • Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:08 pm

Re: Building/Placing Items

PostFri Nov 20, 2015 8:36 pm

Multipackwolf wrote:Image

You making Atlantis too? I made one in creative mode, but the bucket thing is interfering with my Adventure mode Atlantis.

Zero1000

Offline

User avatar
  • Posts: 2062
  • Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:33 am
  • Location: Being myself

Re: Building/Placing Items

PostFri Nov 20, 2015 9:57 pm

Avisia wrote:
Zero1000 wrote:
Avisia wrote:So, things I'd like to do:
  • Link together multiple chains from the ceiling
  • Hang lantern from a chain (if generated worlds can make it, why can't I?) :mumble:
  • Attach ladders to ceilings or floors instead of only floors
  • Grow plants upside down (at least the ones you originally found like that)
  • Plant climb able vines (think about the cool Tarzan lairs!) :love:
  • Automatic trapdoors... Why can mobs walk over them like we do? :sbonk: I'd love to see them fall through!

Also... Non-building related: Stackable buckets! I have chests full of water buckets, milk buckets, empty buckets... I walk through my fenced cow sheds and go from near-empty inventory to completely full!


1+3: That sounds logical. Why Jack? Why does world generation has privileges that we don't?

2: I don't know about that. Maybe not.

4: Also sounds cool for user made adventure maps.

5: Aren't trapdoors supposed to be put above a +3 blocks deep pit?


I have no idea about trapdoors. Haven't thought to try deeper pits... But if the pit is that deep, won't it be out of reach for several weapons?
And I don't see how 2 doesn't fit in with 1 & 3... Maybe you got the #s mixed up on that... Seeing as there's 6 things listed. 1) chains. 2) lanterns. 3) ladders. 4) upside down plants. 5) vines. 6) traps.
Ladders idea is kinda like the vines. Another way to get around above the surface where mobs are found. And having ladders like that lets you grow plants on the surface below.


Oops. My bad, i thought 2 was the buckets. So 1+3 is 1-3
Image
Former Mercenary in The Hitlist
I leave as many griefers as my name! Zero, A member of ANARCHY
«A Nice Member in Apple FanClub»
Zero1000 is a Merchant of Many
Image

Multipackwolf

Offline

User avatar
  • Posts: 24034
  • Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:58 pm
  • Location: Grinding my way through MMO's.

Re: Building/Placing Items

PostSat Nov 21, 2015 12:21 am

Avisia wrote:
Multipackwolf wrote:Image

You making Atlantis too? I made one in creative mode, but the bucket thing is interfering with my Adventure mode Atlantis.

That was about 2 years ago. :sisi:
Steam | Discord - Multarix#1337
Warframe | Hammerhead of <Space Shark Incorporated> | Multarix
Black Desert (NA, UNO) | GM of <Aggro> | Indus

Avisia

Offline

  • Posts: 35
  • Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:08 pm

Re: Building/Placing Items (edited/added to...again)

PostSat Nov 21, 2015 8:16 am

Had a bunch more ideas so... New edits! Some of the newest ideas I really like.

Zero1000

Offline

User avatar
  • Posts: 2062
  • Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:33 am
  • Location: Being myself

Re: Building/Placing Items (edited/added to...again)

PostSat Nov 21, 2015 5:49 pm

Ooh, new ideas.

Though elevators sound good, i think they count as mountables (whih means they won't be in). Even if they aren't, climb speed would make them obsolete, as someone with high climb speed could rush down the ladder.
Image
Former Mercenary in The Hitlist
I leave as many griefers as my name! Zero, A member of ANARCHY
«A Nice Member in Apple FanClub»
Zero1000 is a Merchant of Many
Image

Avisia

Offline

  • Posts: 35
  • Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:08 pm

Re: Building/Placing Items (edited/added to...again)

PostSat Nov 21, 2015 11:13 pm

Zero1000 wrote:Ooh, new ideas.

Though elevators sound good, i think they count as mountables (whih means they won't be in). Even if they aren't, climb speed would make them obsolete, as someone with high climb speed could rush down the ladder.

Got the elevator idea playing blockheads. Thought it sounded like it would be nice to be able to ascend to the surface quickly after doing a bunch of digging. But my favorite is the pocket pets having use/benefits. Especially retrieving items from killed mobs.

Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron