Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Castle World

Discuss about new game features and ideas in this forum section.
  • Author
Exaelitus

Castle World

PostThu Aug 11, 2016 11:25 am

I like how all the planets are bundled with the character (at least it seems so from my limited playing.)

However, (as I mentioned in another suggestion) it would be nice to be able to teleport back to my "spawn". But as I thought about it more as I was recently playing, I thought of (another) idea:

Castle World.

When you create your character, a new step would be to generate a "Castle World" (Terra based) bound to that player. This would be intended to be your home base (independent of "game mode"). A place to build your showcase mansion, store all your junk, etc. It should allow the user to specify as many generation options (size, monster spawns (rates), perhaps ore density, etc) as possible.

When on any world, you should be able to teleport instantly back to the spawn point in your Castle World (perhaps restrictions apply.) Activating the teleport again would return you to your last position in the (other) world. At start, teleporting from the Castle World (without coming from a different world) would teleport you to the starting Terra world. (So thereafter the teleport would be setup for Castle<->Terra.) Obviously, on this Castle world players should be able to set up portals (from the portal blocks they gather) to other worlds as they come available.

For multiplayer, player's should be able to teleport to their own (and possibly each-other's) Castle World, not just the host's.

TwelveFoot

Re: Castle World

PostThu Aug 11, 2016 11:45 am

Worlds aren't linked to characters at all. Most people have one world where they build and store everything, and another adventure world/set that they explore in. Then just exit to the main menu, and switch worlds when your inventory gets full.
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
2. The world is big, 256 blocks high and 768 across.
3. Who is John Galt?
4. Lack of objection does not indicate consent.
5. We scream, we shout, we wail, we cry; but in the end we all must die.

Exaelitus

PostThu Aug 11, 2016 7:18 pm

TwelveFoot wrote:Most people have one world where they build and store everything,

Exactly!

This is where my suggestion comes in, if most people do this, then why not have the game set it up for new players!? What you responded with is a setup that typical JJX players end up concluding and taking for granted once you come to that realization. As a new player, I :

1) Don't know to do this in the first place, struggling with running back to my in-world base all the time in the beginning, getting frustrated. Not relaxed.

2) Once I hear about this I have to discover on my own how to set it up. (The UI doesn't imply easily how to do this.) "Do I create an adventure world, or another Terra ? How does this work?" Not relaxed.

3) Once I set it up, I NOW have to move everything, my base (Structure) and junk (in many, say 10 chests) over between these worlds. What a pain.

BUT with a simple "auto" process of setting this up, as a new player I am pleased and delighted the game is making things simple and relaxing for me!

With a "Castle World" just a click of a button and you're in your base, a quick dump of junk, and another click of button you are back to exactly where you were in the "exploring" world. No "escaping/ending game, back to main menu, select world, etc..."

With the added benefit, perhaps, of other better mechanics and immersion.

TwelveFoot

PostFri Aug 12, 2016 10:41 pm

Exaelitus wrote:2) Once I hear about this I have to discover on my own how to set it up. (The UI doesn't imply easily how to do this.) "Do I create an adventure world, or another Terra ? How does this work?" Not relaxed.

Doesn't really make a difference. Mine is an adventure world, even though I've never left Terra on it. Just gives me the option to if I ever want to.

Exaelitus wrote:I NOW have to move everything,(in many, say 10 chests) over between these worlds.

Exaelitus wrote:(in many, say 10 chests)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: (I'm not laughing AT you, you're just new, that's great)
I'm assuming those are wooden, so that's 10 pages of storage.
Open Spoiler
I have about 185 pages worth :rotfl:
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
3. Who is John Galt?

TwelveFoot

PostFri Aug 12, 2016 10:45 pm

Pro tip: Hold your finger on a world, in the world select screen to "favorite" it. Then you can't accidentally delete it.
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
3. Who is John Galt?

Multipackwolf

PostSat Aug 13, 2016 12:30 pm

Isn't that one of the in-game tips on the main screen?
Steam | Discord - Multarix#1337
Warframe | Hammerhead of <Space Shark Incorporated> | Multarix
Black Desert (NA, UNO) | GM of <Aggro> | Indus

TwelveFoot

PostSun Aug 14, 2016 3:05 am

I doubt it's worded like that, but yes.
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
3. Who is John Galt?

Return to Suggestions