Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Sol (Planet Suggestion)

Discuss about new game features and ideas in this forum section.
  • Author
Lightbulb

Sol (Planet Suggestion)

PostThu Dec 01, 2016 4:07 pm

What if, and just a big fat what if. The sun isnt actually a sun, but the biggest planet in the entire presumed solar system of junk jack. Its what you could probably called a failed sun? A planetoid and sun hybrid? (Yeah. Cant really make a proper excuse for this lol)
Anyways sol. The true endgame planet, at least for me. Since it is the "sun" of the solar system, day and night cycles do not exist here.
Although rare, its portal pieces can be found on all of the 5th tier planets

Chracterisitcs
-Tons of solar based mobs. While it is day time always, extremely strong mobs will plague the entire surface. Those playing on very hard should expect tons of death on this planet
-The trees can only be mined with an axe made out of the most powerful metals (Titanium, Galvanium, Antanium)
-The surface is hot. Really hot. Youll take damage unless you have at least 25% lava resistance
-The mantle however requires you to have 50% lava resistance to be able to spelunk without worrying about heat
-Placing water here will cause it to despawn

Surface
-The surface is composed of really bright dirt and stone. The brightest blocks in the game as it were.
-Littered with plasma pools

Mantle
-The mantle will be composed of really dark and black stone literred around with blocks with similar characteristics of the surface blocks
-Caves filled with plasma pools can be found a lot

Near core
-The last couple rows of blocks will be completely liquid (10-20 blocks thick)
-There wulk be so much plasma pools

New Liquid: Plasma
-Can only be grabbed via Titanium Bucket
-Will quickly kill any mob in it, even you.
-All mobs in this planet are immune to Plasma
-Lasts 5 times as long in a furnace (yup. 1,500 ticks. Have fun smelting for eternity)

So yeah. Pretty much it. Feel free to use your imagination on how the flora and fauna will be. Itll take too long for me to think and type them all anyways, and ive already given an idea enough to imagine what this planet will be like.
Comments, opinons, etc. all welcme.

Mudkip45

Re: Sol (Planet Suggestion)

PostThu Dec 01, 2016 6:01 pm

Maybe there would be a Plasma Golem, which would throw a block found uncommonly in chunks on Sol; maybe a "Plasma Brick," which gives off a white (colorless) light value of 16, the highest in the game (Well, I've seen planets' surfaces output an "F" on Light Sensors during the day, which is 16 in hex) . Maybe even a Plasma Skeleton Mage, which shoots plasma at the player. The Slimes on Sol would probably have "sparks" of Plasma on their head.

As for the new Plasma liquid, maybe it would give off the same light as Plasma Bricks. It could also be crafted with the recipe given below to output 4 Plasma Bricks, since it uses 4 Glass blocks.

Recipe:
Titanium Bucket (Plasma)
Glass

_ G _
G T G
_ G _
Someone has sumstuff somewhere and stuffs it in stuff with something…
Junk Jack Steam Early Access release: OUT NOW!!!

Stuff:
Crowdin: Mudkippz
GameCenter: X-!Steven!-X
DragCave: aMudkip

Yay, draggin eggz! Click 'em…now!!!
↗️Image Image Image Image ↖️

The Batman

PostFri Dec 09, 2016 2:16 am

A star/ planetoid is called a brown dwarf as I recall. Even though they're not brown. Or small.

Anyways, this is a pretty cool idea! Full support.

Lightbulb

PostSat Dec 10, 2016 3:48 am

The Batman wrote:A star/ planetoid is called a brown dwarf as I recall. Even though they're not brown. Or small.

Well, my problem with that comparson is that a brown star is technically still a gas giant. A pretty neat fact is that a star is technically a massive gas giant Planetonly, it is capable of nuclear fusion. If ya think about it, planets are just failed attempts of star formation.

The Batman

PostTue Dec 13, 2016 12:16 am

Lightbulb wrote:
The Batman wrote:A star/ planetoid is called a brown dwarf as I recall. Even though they're not brown. Or small.

Well, my problem with that comparson is that a brown star is technically still a gas giant. A pretty neat fact is that a star is technically a massive gas giant Planetonly, it is capable of nuclear fusion. If ya think about it, planets are just failed attempts of star formation.

Earth and her 7 siblings never aged well. Their Ma on the otherhand...

Multipackwolf

PostTue Dec 13, 2016 12:32 am

Lightbulb wrote:

Just think, if all of our Gas Giants in our solar system were merged, we'd have had a 2nd star orbiting our sun much smaller but the gravitational pull of it wouldn't just rip apart our "4th planet" also known as the asteroid belt, it'd rip apart every other planet too. Gotta love science.
Steam | Discord - Multarix#9461
Warframe | Clan Leader of <Wolfish> | Multarix
Black Desert (NA, UNO) | Officer of <DeathParade> | Kookaburra
Revelation Online (NA, Snowpine) | Frostfang Envoy of <GotitCoach> | RNGesus

The Batman

PostTue Dec 13, 2016 12:35 am

Multipackwolf wrote:
Lightbulb wrote:

Just think, if all of our Gas Giants in our solar system were merged, we'd have had a 2nd star orbiting our sun much smaller but the gravitational pull of it wouldn't just rip apart our "4th planet" also known as the asteroid belt, it'd rip apart every other planet too. Gotta love science.

A movie called 2001: Space Odyssey had a similiar concept. Some alien machines swarmed Jupiter, and it's mass got so large that it exploded and became another star!

They called it Lucifer.

Unnamed

PostSat Dec 17, 2016 11:17 pm

Multipackwolf wrote:
Lightbulb wrote:

If you combined every Gas Giant in the solar system it wouldn't even reach over 2 jupiter masses, and minimum mass for a brown dwarf to form is 13 jupiter masses

https://www.quora.com/If-we-combine-Jup ... more-stars
IT IS SPREADING!

Multipackwolf

PostSun Dec 18, 2016 3:12 am

Yes but with how close it is to the sun, it's possible it could create a 2nd star that'd die pretty quick.
Steam | Discord - Multarix#9461
Warframe | Clan Leader of <Wolfish> | Multarix
Black Desert (NA, UNO) | Officer of <DeathParade> | Kookaburra
Revelation Online (NA, Snowpine) | Frostfang Envoy of <GotitCoach> | RNGesus

Return to Suggestions