All builds electric

Post your awesome creations here!
  • Author
CoreXreation

• Location: Wishing I had my mini 1 gb ram xp laptop running arch linux

Re: All builds electric

PostWed Jul 29, 2015 12:49 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/photos/shared_space/xECrFyqwVf2TKba
Beginning of my 3 bit 3 number random changing password door opener... Bugs because junk jack didn't make d-flip flops work correctly... But besides that's every time I step on a panel it forwards the clocked on clock 3 locks... Basically I need to add doors so that you step... Enter number one... Set again... Enter number 2... Step again... Enter number 3... Step again... correct password very left door opens... Incorrect you will get a red light and you need to step on the left panel to reset,... Also after you step on left panel with proper passcode it locks door behind you... Th. Number checker will be designed with a simple 3 bit serial in parallel out converter as seen on bottom(if only it worked... The computer is instant and doesn't seem to forward the bit as it would with a real d flip flop... I may try building the d flipflop from logic gates since edge triggering logic gates works(i have already made both high edge and low edge s-r flip flops) and then when you go and step the 3rd time it will forward all bits and compare them with presets at the very bottom... I have not defied if I will add a number adder to randomly add bits and remove the number designator(as you can see now it shows what number you chose) or perhaps stick a number at the top telling you which password it is... Or if I will just shift it forward one memory bank Each time... Tye memory bank shifting will be very easy and can be handled with a bunch of kJ flip flops or a counter(not the one in game... A counter is a bunch of kJ flu flops in series)... I may also add a random password selector and show a the designated number at the top so I know what password it is... And LASTLY for this of you who know awesome but I wombat be sharing anytime soon... You can change the mode from creative to adventure NO CODING required.... Did you just buy a new mac with no coding tools and terminal and all pages/text edit software is not working... You can do it... Its really quite basic... Buuuut that's a story for another time ;)

CoreXreation

PostWed Jul 29, 2015 1:04 pm

mastery51 wrote:I'm working on a clock system that counts down how much daylight you have left and resets itself with the sun. Also, The displays will only have one wire connecting to each one so you can have multiple displays right next to each other while all the other wires and devices can be hidden underground. It can also be set to count up as well instead of down with a simple not gate.

So far it's looks like it might work and it's pretty compact in size for something somewhat complex.
One thing I can't figure out is to keep the mechanism from displaying letters. I just want it to count to 9 and reset to 0. :dunno:

I would like to give credit to Twelvefoot for showing his timer mechanism. :approved:
Open Spoiler

Make a cascade counter... if you see my counter I'm the side with the 2 kJ flip flops... We'll a cascade counter basically misted of counting up it counts down... Its very simple to make and either look it up or I'll post a link... Remember... all this stuff is based off reality... There are ACTUAL d and kJ flip flops and even sr. Flip flops I'm real life... Soapy questions you have just look up in a digital textbook... I happen to have digital fundamentals by floyd publishing 8 from many years ago when I wanted to make robots without computers or micro circuits Since the first robotics book I ever got was a 1985 robot builders bonanza and was ENTIRELY analog or digital circuits and the best computer you could get was a commodore 64... So I'm kinda biased towards no computers in robotics even to an extent no digital circuits but for devices such as placement and distance and speed trackers it can be tough(not impossible... And actually perhaps quite easy) not tomes teem,.. But then again it could be easy... Anyways besides the point... whenever I remembered I needed to use a kJ flip flop I just looked in my book what the logic states were (i always forget XD) or when I needed a latch I looked it up and build an s-r latch with logic gates... Didn't work for certain reasons which are described in my bug post. Or how to make a counter or shift register(not same as in game) ... Since I know digital pretty by heart I just forget howncertain circuits are wired.... A memory circuits is actually VERY basic as long as you half a ver serial in parallel out circuits and a bunch of kJ flip flops with a row selector or even use a serial in serial out as your memory bank.
Game Center ID Rose of the Risen Demon

Creations
Open Spoiler
[url]

°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \('0')/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Son..ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ Put.
ಠ__ಠ The tables.
ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVAAA!

CoreXreation

PostWed Jul 29, 2015 1:09 pm

Emblin wrote::approved: As the name implies, I want this to be a super thread of people posting things you can make/do with electricity. By that I mean any sort of electric functions, like clocks and timers, or memory devices, or creative builds with interesting electrical devices built in.

We can post them in the comments here, and this will ultimately help everyone's understanding of JJX electricity, and fuel creativity. Oh, and give pictures please

Favorite Creations in General
Mob Arena concept and theoretical design (SuperNintendo)
Open Spoiler
Wiring

Most complex/Ingenious
-An electric timer? No idea, it's beyond my understanding (TwelveFoot)
https://youtu.be/OQiWltD3AxQ

Advanced calculator (MultiPackWolf)
Open Spoiler

Most Practical/Simple
Let's you know what wires are active (MultiPackWolf)
Open Spoiler

Electric timer -.- all he did was make a bunch of em to make it look complex... An electric timer is just a j k flip flop counter and a clock with a stop button...... Or if you can go backwards you use a up-down counter and it only uses a few j-k flip flops -.-

Creations
Open Spoiler
[url]

Son..ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ Put.
ಠ__ಠ The tables.
ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVAAA!

CoreXreation

PostWed Jul 29, 2015 1:34 pm

Idk what happened but all the d flip flops just started working again after I exited and reopened the app XD I think I had just spent to many hours on it it was glinting up XD

Creations
Open Spoiler
[url]

Son..ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ Put.
ಠ__ಠ The tables.
ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVAAA!

CoreXreation

PostThu Jul 30, 2015 3:44 am

Just as im about to finish my project...( i found workarounds to many problems... One of which i had resolved MANY times but there seemed to be a TINY bit of lag or a glich that kept messing it up (not my fault... 2 not connected circuits were acting on each other i belive through a lag spike in the and gate... Even though both inputs to the and gave a false output... It changed states when one side changed states[very weird... Ill duplicate and report it] but by adding a 1 value 1 tick shift regester to the end of the and gate somehow fixed the lag or something[even though there was no automatic clock in the circuit... It was manual... So yea.. Very Weird]) i learn a KEY element is missing... The doors DONT LOCK!!!!! so even if i make a random changing etc etc door opener lock... Someome can just say.. HELLO! And jump right through.... Perhaps ill make like 20 doors so they go off tye screen in constanatly changing such that if you try and open it it tries to close and perhaps you can het through that... Idk il have to try and find a way to lock things...or open mob spawn area or something... Idk, we will see... Anyways im going to finish it because i want to try it first... Second perhaps they will update so doors lock... 3 rd perhaps doors DO lock in adventure mode or in multiplayer if your not host... Idk... Hoping XD... or i will find a way to create an equivilent of locking or perhaps when you open it closes itself... If its possible i will make it so you cant even force your way through wity lag... We will see... Anyways here are tye pics of the almost finished product.... Just have to make a few more circuits and connect the dots ;) there are currently 10 sets of 3 numbers in memory... And i belive i will make it random chamging with a number on top... I hage made a fix/workaround to the d flip flop problem... For some reason the orientation i put them as you will see if you looks at the d flip flops that are connected to the blue outputs... When i enter a number into the first one.. It rotated down with each clock pulse and stops at that place when the clock stops... The other ones not connected are redundant and just show the same number at the same time as one nearby.... So when i enter an input and a clock pulse in the beginning and clock respectivly... Lets say the clock goes high each time i enter an input.... So this is what the d flip flops conmected to the amd gates outputs would look like... Outputs:0-0-0, enter 1-0-7(rememeber the first one entered is pushed to the last d flip flop...) Outputs:1-0-0 then 0-1-0 then 7-0-1... And now its saved... If i now want to enter new inputs i just put em im and pulse clock at the same time.. And the old inputs will simply dissapear... Its basicly a very small ram ;) lucky i am only using 3 bits... I have not seen if i can make 4 sequential flip flops work... When i put the flip flops in series with the clock.. Only the last x flip flops were one input after the one before.... For some reason putting the d flip flops under each other... Keeping the flip flops in series to each other but parallel to the clock... Seemed to give the consecutive chainging result you would find in real life... Exept that 2 of the flip flops are redundant... So not quite... but perfect for my needs ;)

I also just realized that the first d flip flop is useless and not even triggered... But perhaps i will duplicate the game And edit the saved version because i have worked so hard to get the d flip flops working right i dont wanna mess it up XD

Here are the images ;)

Creations
Open Spoiler
[url]

Son..ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ Put.
ಠ__ಠ The tables.
ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVAAA!

Multipackwolf

PostThu Jul 30, 2015 8:27 am

That's great and all except nobody knows what it is and what it's supposed to do, so you may as well have placed a bunch of wires on the ground and called it a space rocket thing.
Steam | Discord - Multarix#3888
Warframe | Hammerhead of <Space Shark Incorporated> | Multarix
Black Desert (NA, UNO) | Officer of <Aggro> | Indus
Revelation Online (NA, Snowpine) | Chairperson of <Skywhale> | RNGesus

CoreXreation

PostThu Jul 30, 2015 3:50 pm

Ahaha ill post the download link after... I just have a bunch of circuits that i still need to connect... Buts its basicly a door password... Although a little souped up

Creations
Open Spoiler
[url]

Son..ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ Put.
ಠ__ಠ The tables.
ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVAAA!

CoreXreation

PostThu Jul 30, 2015 4:20 pm

Update... I have to make 4 of these XD dont be intimidated its not a complex circuit... Its just a j-k flip flop that lets you reset the outputs at will... So even if the clock is off you can reset the outputs... Its just they dont have thus circuit in game so you have to make yourself XD i hope that the computer is able to handle this without to much confusion XD

Creations
Open Spoiler
[url]

Son..ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ Put.
ಠ__ಠ The tables.
ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVAAA!

CoreXreation

PostThu Jul 30, 2015 4:46 pm

Heheh theres a bug XD time to troubleshoot XD oh man... And what i showed you... Thats not the whole circuit.... This is whats inside that big box

Be back soon XD ps in case your wondering why im going through this much trouble its cuz i need to make a count to ten and reset clock... And since the binary for 10 is 1010 the way it works is when it reaches 1010 it gliches(on purpose) and then triggers a reset on the circuit but the reset cant require the clock.... So its called an asyncronous reset(as opposed to syncronous)

Creations
Open Spoiler
[url]

Son..ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ Put.
ಠ__ಠ The tables.
ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVAAA!

CoreXreation

PostThu Jul 30, 2015 6:40 pm

Rebuilt... Working flawlessly... It mighta been good last time cuz it gliched up this time... So i just entered a high and low state(invalid) into each input after i buffered it cuz it was messed up... And its working perfect... I think the inputs that were not connecting that inhad to buffer put a bunch of wrong command into the memory of the circuit and messed it up... So reseting the whole circuit with an invalid state seemed to fix it ;) its gonna take ALOT of room though... But it was good rebuilding it cuz i cleaned it up a bunch and built it in 2 parts that are separated well... Needs a whole lot less buffers and is well organized and clean and smaller. Well after i finish 3 more circuits and connect em with a few not gates a nand gate and holding all j and k inputs high i think im done... Well that and creating some sort of door locking mechanism... And olacing world lock blocks and then converting to adventure... But you get my drift ;) the whole control part is finished ;) wish me luck ;)

P.S. the part on the left is the j-k flip flop

Creations
Open Spoiler
[url]

Son..ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ Put.
ಠ__ಠ The tables.
ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVAAA!

CoreXreation

PostThu Jul 30, 2015 9:03 pm

When your going through and HOPING after you place all the buffers the your 3 other HUGE circuits work... You press each of the 5 button carefully and then 2 of em at the same time hoping that its doesnt suddenly give you a wrong responce at each circuit... IT WORKS!!!!! The advantage of building compartmentalized and tyen conecting tye dots i guess ;)

Should have the finished product within the hour and converted to adventure and uploaded ;) enjoy!

Creations
Open Spoiler
[url]

Son..ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ Put.
ಠ__ಠ The tables.
ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVAAA!

CoreXreation

PostThu Jul 30, 2015 9:14 pm

If it takes longer its because i have to fill the entire place with world lock blocks so that i can keep the world discoverable in multiplayer... But you cant mess up important things ;)

Creations
Open Spoiler
[url]

Son..ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ Put.
ಠ__ಠ The tables.
ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVAAA!

CoreXreation

PostThu Jul 30, 2015 10:34 pm

I apologise for the delay... I have run into another bug... When i boot up the circuit for the first time... The reset input is invalid because the and gate has 2 inputs that are invalid because the reset input is invalid(a loop... This is normal and not a problem in my circuits)... As soon as my counter gets going it never goes invalid again... Its just during the first time its booted up... So i need to build a circuit that gives a high value unill it reads the invalid state has changed(not as easy as it sounds... Cant use a tri state because the opposite of invalid is invalid -.-... And you need an inverter to keep the tri state on until it changes... It may be possible i will look into it.. But its not as easy as it sounds.) i could just manually clock it but then when a user downloads it they will have to manually start it also... Or i could set a manual start switch... But i prefer an auto working... No though circuit... Thats half the reason i ran into all those problems at the start ;)... Anyways i apologize for the delay... There is no mistake in the circuit... Just a product of how i built it... And the solution is to manually(or automatically) force the reset input high(because high = off for the reset... Just the way it works...) and make the clock to count to ten and then start...and im going to try and find an automatic way ;)

Creations
Open Spoiler
[url]

Son..ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ Put.
ಠ__ಠ The tables.
ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVAAA!

CoreXreation

PostThu Jul 30, 2015 11:46 pm

Ps... Making a count to ten counter is actually what i did.... I just happenened to have enough space for 10 sets of three numbers that i could store in the hole i made... So i needed a decade counter to rotate between them... Build the circuits below... The blank box is the custom d flip flop below... The inverted arrow is clock... Tye blank input is d. The out puts are output and opposite of output... And reset and lewr are self explanatory... To make the multiple input nand gates look in the image below and just add an inverted at the END OF THE CHAIN OF AND GATES... Not after each one... YOU CANT make a multiple input nand gate by doing tyat wity nanad gates the logic doesnt work... If you want a 4 plus input gate add another and the other input... You can repeat this indefininatly.... IT DOES NOT NESSISARALY WORK FOR ALL GATES!!! AS I JUST EXPLAINED A FOUR INPUT NAND GATE IS NOT FOUR NANDE GATES TIED TIGETHER... ITS FOUR AND GATES WITY AN INVERTER AT THE END... if you want other multiple input gates look up hiw to make em online... You dont need to add junk jack since all these devices exist in reality with the exact same name... Also... While i was looking up decade counters... I found one picture that DOES NOT REQUIRE A SPECIAL JK FLIP FLOP AND WORKS WITY THE ONE INGAME!(all that work may have been for nothing XD) i have not tested it but try it out... The only output not on the jk flip flop your used to is the Opposite-Q(the one with the line above it) its just tye opposite of Q(the output of the one ingame) at all times... Si just place an inverter and its exactly the same... Then connect the ouputs to the number the same way you did before and you have a count to 9, 99, 999, 9999 etc counter... If you want a clock... You need to reset the circuits a 9, 6, 9 and 1... And then when the second 9 goes to 2 and the 1 goes to 1(instead of 0) you reset the whole counter(instead of just resetting the circuit that that number is doing) i would sugest reseting at 12:00 and it will reset to 00:00 because this is simpler... If you really want a 12:59 and then 1 you need to add 1 at all times to the first hour number circuit(not the 1 in the last clock... The 2)... You can do this simply by making 4 asyncronous reset circuits(each having 4 asyncronous flip flops) or make 3 asyncronous circuits plus one regular jk flip flop (to show 1 or 0 for 12:00 or 02:00) and making the reset for the circuit using logic gates... The way the decade one works is in the count to ten(0000, 0001, 0010, 0011, 0100, 0101, 0110, 0111, 1000, 1001, 1010) there is ONLY one time the first and second to last input are high... So it uses a nand gate(because reset has to go low to work... And a nand gate connected to the 1000 and 0010 outputs only goes low when it hits 1010) so if you want to reset when it hits... Lets say.. 6 (0000, 0001, 0010, 0011, 0100, 0110 ) you add a 3 input nand gate(see above) that connects to the 0100, 0010, outputs(or the two middle outputs) remember...or you can look up a count to 6 counter that just uses regular jk flip flops so you dont have to take up your whole map XD

I would suggest using a j-k flip flop for the 1/0 number since reset is just a clock pulse you dont need to reset... Also... Tye reset from the counter circuit should be inverted amd used at the clock for the next circuit... This way when it resets it also tell the next number to go up... So 00:59 -> 01:00, 9 will reset telling 5 to go forward... And it hits 6 resetting and telling 0 to go forward to 01:00 and when it goes to 09:59 it will trigger tye jk flip flop to 1 and rest will reset.... And then when it hits 12:59 you should make it so when the jk flip flop is high AND the other circuit is at 3(aka 13) it will reset tye whole clock and it will pulse the input of the jk flip flop making it go to 0... Also remeber.. If you added 1 to the first hour numeral... You want to reset when it hits the circuits hit 12:00 because at 12:00 it will show 13:00(since you added 1 to the hour) depending on how you built it

These are the images
Asynchronous d flip flop

Simpler decade counter using the jks we are given(not yet tested if it works... Ill try it later or tell me)

Asynchronous j-k flip flop

Decade counter using asynchronous j-k flip flops

Example of how to make a multiple input and gate

Dont forget to add an inverter RIGHT before the clock of each jk ;) or else your circuit will count down not up(the little circle or 0 in tye picture before mean its inverted... Same reason an inverted and has a circle at the end... Aka nand(not-and)

Creations
Open Spoiler
[url]

Son..ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ Put.
ಠ__ಠ The tables.
ಠ___ಠ Back.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ NEVAAA!

Multipackwolf

PostFri Jul 31, 2015 12:20 am

although I know you're not doing it to try and get your post count up, could you please edit all of your posts into the one big posts from now on..?
Steam | Discord - Multarix#3888
Warframe | Hammerhead of <Space Shark Incorporated> | Multarix
Black Desert (NA, UNO) | Officer of <Aggro> | Indus
Revelation Online (NA, Snowpine) | Chairperson of <Skywhale> | RNGesus
PreviousNext

Return to Your Creations