Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

My mob grinder

Post your awesome creations here!
  • Author
Wolfe

Re: My mob grinder

PostTue May 26, 2015 9:35 pm

Cool, there are a lot of good mob grinders out there... Maybe I should build one :mumble:
GC(-JWolfe-)
"The ultimate goal of an artisan is to create a paradise."
Said to have "building magic" :p
Wanna see My World?
Master Artist of the Artisan Guild!
Here is my Building Guide!
SollyStartles wrote:You, sir, are a god.

hunkyducky1

PostTue May 26, 2015 10:02 pm

Nice mob grinder. Yes they make getting mob drops a lot easier. 100% ammo save? Thats OP.
Last edited by hunkyducky1 on Tue May 26, 2015 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hunkyducky1

PostTue May 26, 2015 10:22 pm

Just a question. Do you find the witch broom and witch cat with the eggs? I personally havnt really used the eggs much yet.

hunkyducky1

PostWed May 27, 2015 2:16 am

vansc14 wrote:Yes, you can get every mob drop from the eggs. In fact, I have gotten more than 30 times as many witch and broom pets than any other pet.

Cool thanks!

deadclown

PostWed Jun 03, 2015 4:51 am

Some Qs for ya:

1. Why did you do this near the bottom of a world? If you're spawning from eggs, why not just do it near your home base?

2. Are there other useful save-ammo items that you didn't list? I know there are some but it's a hidden stat, so a PITA to discover, and the wiki is kinda outdated on items. I would imagine the potion is necessary to get to 100% , but I'd like to try playing with some ammo builds, as I never realy use ranged weapons (because they blow chunks, mostly)

3. Isn't there a max number of mobs that can be spawned at once? I forget what the number is. Do you know? Seems like to make it as efficient as possible you'd want to just have this number of eggs.

deadclown

PostThu Jun 04, 2015 9:40 pm

vansc14 wrote:Why is it at the bottom? Well, to be honest, in my main work is mainly at the bottom, but goes all the way from bottom to top. I have mob grinders on all the planets before Lilith, but this is the most secure one. I built the grinder on Magmar because I thought it had the rarest drop chance or something. Also, because I didn't want any explosions going on around my house.

I don't know what all of the save ammo items are, sorry.

I don't know if there is a max, I just spam eggs until the potion runs out, and to be honest, since I have 100% save ammo, it never uses up any eggs. I have acid there to kill some of the mobs as they spawn, but also the bomb throwing mobs kill a lot of the other mobs. Once the save ammo potion runs out, I change my equipment to be high luck and take a luck potion, then I kill all the mobs and collect their drops.

Thanks for the reply. So you haven't noticed the mob limit? I feel like you hit it VERY early into the 3 minutes, so the luck potion may not outweigh the extra kill cycles? I dunno.

I've been trying it for the last day or two and mostly just doing as many kill cycles of about 25 mobs within the 3 mins as possible, and not worrying much about the luck stat (which is way less significant than the difficulty setting).

You may have mentioned this somewher,e but I'm also using a potion of explosion resistance so I can stand right next to the killing pool and not worry about the mad bombers. And swords with life leech just in case one mob escapes, and a potion of slash damage to save on swords.

Exrani

PostThu Jun 04, 2015 11:55 pm

You could just use thick stone, jail doors, and water to prevent explosions.
GC: Swarm O' Locust

deadclown

PostSat Jun 20, 2015 1:13 am

After playing around with this concept for a couple weeks, I believe two things:

1. Your mob grinder is way, way, WAY WAY more complicated than it needs to be, given the technique you're using.

2. This technique is a total exploit and is getting patched out in the next patch, guaranteed. It trivializes mob loot in the game. :(

Exrani

PostFri Aug 14, 2015 11:59 pm

deadclown wrote:After playing around with this concept for a couple weeks, I believe two things:

1. Your mob grinder is way, way, WAY WAY more complicated than it needs to be, given the technique you're using.

2. This technique is a total exploit and is getting patched out in the next patch, guaranteed. It trivializes mob loot in the game. :(

Apologizes for gravedigging but how is mob grinding using a grinder an exploit? People have been making mob grinders in this game for a long time and it hasn't/hadn't (haven't played in awhile) been fixed.
GC: Swarm O' Locust

Darth Malgus

PostThu Aug 27, 2015 11:49 pm

I think deadclown means the save ammo potion + golden egg combo is an exploit, not mob grinding. Mob grinding has been around for ages in JJX.
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
- Calvin [and Hobbes]

In game name: Baron Revilgaz
Gamecenter: Phishi

Return to Your Creations