Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

[WIP] Oroch World Empire

Post your awesome creations here!
  • Author
Oroch

[WIP] Oroch World Empire

PostFri May 26, 2017 8:10 pm

Going directly to the point, I wanted a new base and the Junk Jack Star map inspired me.
Still a WIP, since everything is being made on Survival mode and collecting resources is a great pain (did someone say large iron chains? yeah.. ).

Design process - [06 img]
Open Spoiler
Junk Jack Star Map (inspiration for the portals area)

Started on basic draft on paper for the portals area.
The idea was that the portal rooms would be hanging over by the chains (because I thought that floating it would be shit).

After that, I ran to the creative mode to find a good pattern design for them.
(trident stone is just a placeholder, once I couldn't find portals there idk why)

Then Photoshop to check how everything will work.

Creative mode, to see it in work before start, because I was unsure if it will pleasure me or not.

My eyes approved everything, and now I'm working on it.
I'll update this topic with the development regularly.
Still in need to design other areas, of course.

This was my old base, in case you want to know (yes, I have problems with symmetry) - [01 img]:
Open Spoiler

Update (27/05/2017) - [02 img]
Already filled the used area in water, and made the rooms on Dirt (hard time putting all this together)
Open Spoiler

-
Update (28/05/2017) - [05 img]
Finished all the rooms background and walls!
Iron bridges as well as the water containers (place holder torches too).
Some Large Iron Chains on the top, but very few of them, so difficult to get them.
Open Spoiler

Some night pictures:

I really, really love the "glow" look outside the walls at night!
Last edited by Oroch on Mon May 29, 2017 12:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

TwelveFoot

Re: [WIP] Oroch World Empire

PostFri May 26, 2017 9:16 pm

Oroch wrote:After that, I ran to the creative mode to find a good pattern design for them.
(trident stone is just a placeholder, once I couldn't find portals there idk why)

Portals aren't useful in creative, and it would make it easier to cheat.

I like this layout, and it's cool seeing your thought progression. I was trying to work out something similar (portal rooms laid out like the map), but never made it past the "make a decent layout in creative mode" stage.

You going to have storage in each room? I usually store items that come from that planet in chests next to the portal.
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
2. The world is big, 256 blocks high and 768 across.
3. Who is John Galt?
4. Lack of objection does not indicate consent.
5. We scream, we shout, we wail, we cry; but in the end we all must die.

Oroch

PostFri May 26, 2017 9:41 pm

TwelveFoot wrote:You going to have storage in each room? I usually store items that come from that planet in chests next to the portal.

It's on my plans, just don't know how yet. Probably on top of the iron bridge that I'm using to in/out.
I made it too on my old base, this helps on keep track from where certain resources come from.

Rick9399

PostFri May 26, 2017 11:55 pm

I want to make something similar, but with each orb being a miniature of that planet (e.g. Alba would be a pink and blue ball, decorated with items found on that planet).

Tye-Dye

PostSat May 27, 2017 7:37 am

I'm really liking this idea (and I too have my portals set up in the star-map format as it helps remember which has what portal piece & the tiers of each world), are you filling in the world then going to swim w/ 100% water resistance? That would be really cool to have the portals suspended in that case & kinda be an Atlantis style thing
I am Josh, I used to do YouTube over on TyeDyeVideos PM me for a prize on finding this!
"Blue, blue. You can't be happy unless you know happy-happyism."

Oroch

PostSat May 27, 2017 11:19 pm

Rick9399 wrote:I want to make something similar, but with each orb being a miniature of that planet (e.g. Alba would be a pink and blue ball, decorated with items found on that planet).

I had something like that in mind, but I think it will make the whole thing huge. I didn't want to cross 3 min from side to side. :v
A smaller design suits me better. But is on my plans to use the pillars from each planet as a way to reflect planet singularity.

Tye-Dye wrote:I'm really liking this idea (and I too have my portals set up in the star-map format as it helps remember which has what portal piece & the tiers of each world), are you filling in the world then going to swim w/ 100% water resistance? That would be really cool to have the portals suspended in that case & kinda be an Atlantis style thing

100% water resistance sounds good, didn't think about that to be true. I'm fairly new to the game, so some game mechanics I don't know use yet. But now you gave me a really good and secure way to stay there, otherwise I would need risk myself swimming my way up to the portals! ^^
-

Update (27/05)
Already filled the used area in water, and made the rooms on Dirt (hard time putting all this together)
Open Spoiler

Gathering Coal and Dark Bricks to finish the rooms background and walls.

TwelveFoot

PostSun May 28, 2017 1:00 am

I prefer life regen to water resist. .4 regen is enough that you don't drown, and helps with other things too.
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
3. Who is John Galt?

mastery51

PostSun May 28, 2017 1:52 am

Oroch wrote:
Rick9399 wrote:I want to make something similar, but with each orb being a miniature of that planet (e.g. Alba would be a pink and blue ball, decorated with items found on that planet).

I had something like that in mind, but I think it will make the whole thing huge. I didn't want to cross 3 min from side to side. :v
A smaller design suits me better. But is on my plans to use the pillars from each planet as a way to reflect planet singularity.

This mockup is rough, i spent 5 mins on creative, but a small model planet can be made at that size.
The colored pixels/blocks and chalkboard can be used to make a painting like effect.
I used bridges behind the colored pixels so you could go up and down without water.
There are limitations to the design though and it will be very difficult to build in adventure mode.
Just giving ideas. :)
I like the the look you have!! It gives an Atlantas kind of vibe.

Seeking Knowledge & Adventure
~Moderator~

Tye-Dye

PostSun May 28, 2017 8:47 am

Oroch wrote:Update (27/05)
Open Spoiler

Gathering Coal and Dark Bricks to finish the rooms background and walls.

That looks awesome! Nice job with it :)

TwelveFoot wrote:I prefer life regen to water resist. .4 regen is enough that you don't drown, and helps with other things too.

That is true, would also help with acid rain I guess so probably be more useful :)

mastery51 wrote:
Open Spoiler
My mockup is rough, i spent 5 mins on creative, but a small planet can be made at that size.
The colored pixels/blocks and chalkboard can be used to make a painting like effect.
I used bridges behind the colored pixels so you could go up and down without water.
There are limitation to the design though and it will be difficult to build in regular game.

Damn that is actually an amazing idea, definitely would be hard to do in survival but give a nice challenge and an excuse to produce a mass-petal farm.
I am Josh, I used to do YouTube over on TyeDyeVideos PM me for a prize on finding this!
"Blue, blue. You can't be happy unless you know happy-happyism."

Oroch

PostMon May 29, 2017 12:04 am

TwelveFoot wrote:I prefer life regen to water resist. .4 regen is enough that you don't drown, and helps with other things too.

Which one is Life Regen? Maybe I can make something that work, once Life Regen is better on many aspects.

mastery51 wrote:
Open Spoiler
My mockup is rough, i spent 5 mins on creative, but a small model planet can be made at that size.
There are limitations to the design though and it will be very difficult to build in adventure mode.

Really intriguing design! Although that look very hard to made it as you told (I'm in hard times grinding those Large Iron Chains already xD).
I'm more a monochromatic type of person, but maybe I can use on something more! Can you point me how made it?

Tye-Dye wrote:That looks awesome! Nice job with it :)

Thank you! :approved:

-
Update (28/05/2017) - [05 img]
Finished all the rooms background and walls!
Iron bridges as well as the water containers (place holder torches too).
Some Large Iron Chains on the top, but very few of them, so difficult to get them.
Open Spoiler

Some night pictures:

I really, really love the "glow" look outside the walls at night!

TwelveFoot

PostMon May 29, 2017 12:24 am

Oroch wrote:

Which one is Life Regen? Maybe I can make something that work, once Life Regen is better on many aspects.

Neither of those. The top one is max life increase. The bottom increases the amount consumables heal you by --%
Regen is a heart with a green plus.
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
3. Who is John Galt?

Return to Your Creations