Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

[GFX] "Hole" in world?

Report bugs and glitches here.
  • Author
Xaeyr

[GFX] "Hole" in world?

PostThu Feb 11, 2016 12:52 pm

Hi all. I've run into something that I'm not sure whether or not it's a bug. I've searched but can't seem to find anything about it, so I thought I'd share it here. I started a new adventure world and was digging out dirt blocks when I came across these dark blocks under the dirt that seem unbreakable. It looks like blocks are there, but they don't behave as if they are breakable. It makes sense to have these blocks underground below a certain ground level, but it seems like you'd be able to break through these to see the sky behind. Is this a bug? Thanks!

mastery51

Re: [GFX] "Hole" in world?

PostThu Feb 11, 2016 6:09 pm

:sisi: That is just the background blocks generating slightly above the world blocks. Since the worlds are randomly generated these kind of anomalies can be pretty common. Like you said the background blocks usually follow slighly below the flow of the surface terrain, as you can see in the picture below. It will go up and down and so forth depending on the elevation of the surface blocks. However, sometimes even the surface blocks will fall bellow the underground background level.

If it's a bug , :dunno: maybe, I can't really say for sure since I am not a developer. But I have seen this happen many times in the history of Junk Jack so I assume it's normal.
You can always put some glass blocks over them to see through it or dirt blocks to hide them. ;) . Thanks for the report.

~Moderator~

Xaeyr

Re: [GFX] "Hole" in world?

PostThu Feb 11, 2016 7:06 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'll likely put something over them as they are driving me crazy lol :)

Return to Report Bugs