Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

[3.1.1.10017-android-release][major][crash] Portal problems

Report bugs and glitches here.
  • Author
Tye-Dye

[Android 3.1.1][MAJOR][CRASH] Crash when going to Seth

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 11:17 am

I am getting crashes when I try and enter a Seth world, however, it doesn't happen on all worlds.

Seems to be happening in worlds where I haven't been to Seth yet and it doesn't seem to try and generate a new world but just displays a black screen saying "loading" before crashing.

I am using the Nvidia Shield Tablet (2014) running.
I am Josh, I used to do YouTube over on TyeDyeVideos PM me for a prize on finding this!
"Blue, blue. You can't be happy unless you know happy-happyism."

Rick9399

[3.1.1.10017-android-release][major][crash] Portal problems

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 1:52 pm

After having found most of what was there to find underground in a Seth adventure world, I went back through the portal to Terra to destroy the Seth portal pieces. Then I deleted that world, created a new one and placed the new Seth portal there to start finding more portal pieces in Seth. I made sure I saved before I entered it, but when I went through, the game crashed and the world was rolled back to before it was generated, meaning the portal pieces were gone.

I thought it was just bad luck, but the exact same thing happened later when I went to Magmar. I didn't delete the old Magmar world, however, so when the game crashed and rolled back, I was still in the Magmar part of that world. I thought I would just try again, but going back through the portal resulted in this error:

(Destroying the portal, rebuilding it and entering results in Jack going to a newly generated Terra world, without the Magmar portal.)

It looks like it's not deleting the connected worlds when I delete the adventure world, but rather just Terra. Also it looks like it's impossible to have multiple adventure worlds of the same planet, possible because they do not get deleted? I'm not sure, I cannot check which world files are still on my phone.

On a side note: thank you for bringing this to Android! I won't be needing any other apps anymore. :)

(May be the same problem: http://forum.pixbits.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=30644)

Rick9399

Re: [Android 3.1.1][MAJOR][CRASH] Crash when going to Seth

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 1:58 pm

This may actually be the same problem I was having. Have you made multiple portals to the same worlds before (e.g. 2 portals in different adventure worlds to Magmar)?

Tye-Dye

Re: [Android 3.1.1][MAJOR][CRASH] Crash when going to Seth

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 4:33 pm

Rick9399 wrote:This may actually be the same problem I was having. Have you made multiple portals to the same worlds before (e.g. 2 portals in different adventure worlds to Magmar)?

Just read your description and it sounds very similar. I had just finished clearing Seth so picked up the portal, deleted the old world and created a new one, both worlds were named the default name of "Adventure1". Then I placed a Seth portal and tried to enter through it, the game tried loading something and crashed.
Only difference between what happened to you is the world wasn't rolled back to when the world generated and I was where I was in front of the Portal I had just tried entering, however, this could've been because I had paused and thus saved beforehand.

It does sound like deleting a world only deletes the Terra files but not the other planet files but I have no way to check like you and am just speculating.
I am Josh, I used to do YouTube over on TyeDyeVideos PM me for a prize on finding this!
"Blue, blue. You can't be happy unless you know happy-happyism."

XsX

Re: [3.1.1.10017-android-release][major][crash] Portal probl

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 5:13 pm

Hello, the issue was caused by entering on portals generated on new adventure worlds named same as previously deleted adventure worlds with the same portals generated there.
This has been fixed for the upcoming next update which will come soon.
Thanks everyone for the reports!

Return to Report Bugs