Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

HUGE data loss issue - Android

Report bugs and glitches here.
  • Author
Neoslayer

HUGE data loss issue - Android

PostFri May 26, 2017 1:02 am

Yeah, so this happened to me twice already..
Sometimes my phone one shuts off randomly because the battery is garbage, and as a result, the data just disappears. The first time it happened, the character was gone but the world was still there, but it was rolled back like an hour or two earlier.
The second time it happened, all my data disappeared.
I don't know if it has to do with when I put my spare battery in the phone, but this is pissing me off and I know nobody would spend money on hours of work and then it goes away.

I tried to look for a solution, all I got was a link to the app store.
Tried to find the game files for Android, so I can find a backup. All I found was a bunch of Junk Jack cracks.

There's a guide for restoring backups on PC and IOS, but if I put a single key word "Android" in front of it, the results completely change. There are no Android files for Junk Jack.. So where is all the data stored? :mumble:

Neoslayer

Re: HUGE data loss issue - Android

PostFri May 26, 2017 2:13 am

Thanks for the help, jerks..

XsX

PostFri May 26, 2017 2:32 am

Hello, we're really sorry to hear that. Unfortunately we have no control over what is happening when the phone shuts down, as a result if the game is saving and the battery goes down the files will inevitably become corrupt. Please contact us at pixbits@pixbits.com so we can discuss about this more in detail.

Thanks for your time!
Moving to bugs.

TwelveFoot

PostFri May 26, 2017 2:44 am

Neoslayer wrote:Thanks for the help, jerks..

Please forgive us if we offended you by not replying to your questions for over an hour. :roll:
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
2. The world is big, 256 blocks high and 768 across.
3. Who is John Galt?
4. Lack of objection does not indicate consent.
5. We scream, we shout, we wail, we cry; but in the end we all must die.

Neoslayer

PostFri May 26, 2017 3:48 am

TwelveFoot wrote:
Neoslayer wrote:Thanks for the help, jerks..

Please forgive us if we offended you by not replying to your questions for over an hour. :roll:

It felt longer than an hour because I waited here for the solution. I've also noticed how some threads have over 90,000 views, which is pretty insane.
The part that annoyed me the most is that it said "one view" which was my view.
Last edited by Neoslayer on Fri May 26, 2017 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neoslayer

PostFri May 26, 2017 3:54 am

XsX wrote:Hello, we're really sorry to hear that. Unfortunately we have no control over what is happening when the phone shuts down, as a result if the game is saving and the battery goes down the files will inevitably become corrupt. Please contact us at pixbits@pixbits.com so we can discuss about this more in detail.

Thanks for your time!
Moving to bugs.

I am aware you have no control over it.
However, do you have any idea where I can look for the files on Android version? I want to look for the backup files, and as a bonus, possibly change the hurt sound to the old school minecraft hurt sound.

ONE more question: who far behind is the Android version content from PC and IOS?

(also, Google play games always fails to sign in)

Neoslayer

PostFri May 26, 2017 6:15 am

Can you bump on this thing?

Tye-Dye

PostFri May 26, 2017 7:05 am

The forums aren't as active as they used to be and the threads with thousands of views are years old.

Neoslayer wrote:ONE more question: who far behind is the Android version content from PC and IOS?

Android is actually a very slight content update ahead of PC and Steam with the addition of a couple of craftable golem pets

As for the glitch sorry to hear that and I can understand your frustration seeing how the effort you've put into the game was lost. It's happened to me when my tablet died but all that happened was a world was rolled back. It really is just an issue of it corrupting saves when the device turns itself off
I am Josh, I used to do YouTube over on TyeDyeVideos PM me for a prize on finding this!
"Blue, blue. You can't be happy unless you know happy-happyism."

Neoslayer

PostFri May 26, 2017 8:44 am

Tye-Dye wrote:The forums aren't as active as they used to be and the threads with thousands of views are years old.

Neoslayer wrote:ONE more question: who far behind is the Android version content from PC and IOS?

Android is actually a very slight content update ahead of PC and Steam with the addition of a couple of craftable golem pets

As for the glitch sorry to hear that and I can understand your frustration seeing how the effort you've put into the game was lost. It's happened to me when my tablet died but all that happened was a world was rolled back. It really is just an issue of it corrupting saves when the device turns itself off

Thank you.
Yes, the forums do seem pretty inactive.

Pertaining to the topic at hand, I'll just hope I don't forget to exit when my phone hits at least 60 percent or I'm screwed.

Any way I can backup the data and/or access it on Android? Is there a way I can find the game files on Android?
As of yet I feel like this question is being avoided.

Tye-Dye

PostFri May 26, 2017 9:10 am

I know what you mean, whenever I see that 10% pop-up I just close the app and run as fast as I can to a charger, but I think it is more of an issue with the platform than the game as PCs don't tend to run out of charge

Currently there is no way to access the data unless you are rooted sadly, here's a thread talking about it

Hopefully in the future either access to the maps (such as in the case of MCPE where it is stored in the accessible Main Storage/games) or a backup feature will be added. The dev team (Jack & XsX) are only two so may take a while for these to be implemented however.
I am Josh, I used to do YouTube over on TyeDyeVideos PM me for a prize on finding this!
"Blue, blue. You can't be happy unless you know happy-happyism."

Neoslayer

PostFri May 26, 2017 5:06 pm

Darn it.. I can't.. Argh..
I can't root.

p1nkbr0

PostFri May 26, 2017 8:58 pm

IDK if it's been said. Character and world are saved at different times. The world is saved every time you exit the world. The character is saved every time you close the inventory. There used to be a save reminder feature that would remind you to save and exit after awhile.

The world is not saved when pausing, despite it saying "game saved." If your game were to crash at the pause screen, it would still be reverted to a previous save.

Hopefully this helps a little. I know it's a pain, but just trying to remember to exit the world every so often should help alleviate the problem. It's something I've struggled with as well.
Intel i7 6700k, GTX 1080 FE, 16GB DDR4 RAM
Playing too much Junk Jack :B
Steam | Spotify

TwelveFoot

PostFri May 26, 2017 9:10 pm

There's also an autosave option, in addition to the save reminder, isn't there?

But not saving is only half the problem. The other half is that as your phone dies it closes the app, as the app closes it tries to save, but doesn't finish saving since the phone is dying. So you end up with corrupted files.
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
2. The world is big, 256 blocks high and 768 across.
3. Who is John Galt?
4. Lack of objection does not indicate consent.
5. We scream, we shout, we wail, we cry; but in the end we all must die.

Neoslayer

PostFri May 26, 2017 9:48 pm

p1nkbr0 wrote:IDK if it's been said. Character and world are saved at different times. The world is saved every time you exit the world. The character is saved every time you close the inventory. There used to be a save reminder feature that would remind you to save and exit after awhile.

The world is not saved when pausing, despite it saying "game saved." If your game were to crash at the pause screen, it would still be reverted to a previous save.

Hopefully this helps a little. I know it's a pain, but just trying to remember to exit the world every so often should help alleviate the problem. It's something I've struggled with as well.

Code: Select all
[color=#0040FF]Neoslayer likes your post[/color]

Neoslayer

PostSat May 27, 2017 2:37 am

Any additional input?
Next

Return to Report Bugs