Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

Greifing is impossible.

Everything about multiplayer should be discussed here.
  • Author
Dante

Greifing is impossible.

PostSun Aug 17, 2014 1:38 am

Ever wanted to bomb a scammer or loot their items? Too bad! With all of the options available, that is now completely impossible. I understand this is a good measure to ensure that innocent people can't get looted, but honestly, the game is holding our hands a bit too much. I've wanted for a long time to get revenge on a few scammers who did me wrong in the past, but once actually encountering said scammer/s again (which, with auto match, that's a one in a thousand chance btw) you can do absolutely nothing to get back at them. I honestly think that "block explosions" should not be an option. If you are playing with people you do not know or trust, you are taking that chance. And if you see a bomb dropped, it is very easy to exit the game, or, what I do if I get murdered on multiplayer, exit the game completely without exiting the world and reboot my iPod. They have made it all too easy for scammers to take advantage of noobs and too difficult for people who have been scammed to get revenge. I know this probably sounds like a rage post, but it is something that I think should be seriously considered.
Also, I had almost forgot to mention, if chest locks are what protect chests from being greifed on multiplayer, then why is there also an option in the options menu to have automatic chest locks? This seems very silly and pointless. Same for the world lock option, assuming I'm understanding these options correctly.

Thank you for your time,

~Dante

Watdoesdisdo

Re: Greifing is impossible.

PostSun Aug 17, 2014 2:28 am

One, hosts always drops their items and its always dropped inventory even if they set peaceful.
Two, the amount u drop is affected by their difficulty(when ur not host)
Three, some people want a public use chest or donate chest
Four, after some minutes(someone test the exact amount) no drops is turned off and if they set it on very hard, u drop everything

How i know this? Too many suicide in my worlds

TwelveFoot

PostSun Aug 17, 2014 7:58 pm

"Greifing is impossible", as it should be.

Http://wiki.pixbits.com/wiki/Multiplayer#Precautions
1. Junk-Jack-Wiki
2. The world is big, 256 blocks high and 768 across.
3. Who is John Galt?
4. Lack of objection does not indicate consent.
5. We scream, we shout, we wail, we cry; but in the end we all must die.

Dante

PostSun Aug 17, 2014 11:38 pm

But scamming isn't impossible. And it never will be.

Return to Multiplayer