Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

[Minor]Items disappearing when crafting.

• Author
meatman2tasty

[Minor]Items disappearing when crafting.

PostFri Oct 31, 2014 6:24 pm

I had found out if you have the option "leave last slot open" on, when crafting with certain items, they will disappear if your inventory is full. For example I was using a milk bucket to make butter and had all my inventory and quick access slots full, with the milk bucket in the quick access area, then had crafted butter(which normally the bucket would return empty), but then the bucket is no longer there and permanently gone.
Game Center is meatman2tasty
Group Manager of the JJX society group
Open Spoiler
ImageLegalize Cannibalism
Open Spoiler

SollyStartles

Re: [Minor]Items disappearing when crafting.

PostSat Nov 01, 2014 1:35 am

Does the bucket incident occur with 'leave last slot open' off?
Sincerely, Solly.

-
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Find me on...

Steam | Skype | Youtube
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

meatman2tasty

PostSat Nov 01, 2014 2:22 pm

Not sure, but the game still should not do that when crafting even when it is on. What I think is occurring is when you use the filled bucket of milk when it uses it and goes to return the bucket back, then the game counts the bucket as a new item you had obtained or picked up, therefore since the last slot is remaining empty from the option the bucket disappears.
Game Center is meatman2tasty
Group Manager of the JJX society group
Open Spoiler
ImageLegalize Cannibalism
Open Spoiler

Jack

PostWed Nov 19, 2014 1:19 am

The keep last slot empty option is indeed generic and works whenever an item is obtained by crafting, obtained by gathering or whatever. It's the purpose of the option in se: to keep the slot empty so it is intended behavior under all circumstances.

The problem you are experiencing is the fact that the recycle is considered less important than the craft, if you are not able to store the recycled items then they are discarded, the other option would be to forbid the craft but it wouldn't make sense as you can purposely choose to have or less room for the recycled item.

Return to Fixed Bugs