Welcome to Junk Jack Forum!  

• We need your support! 

The BIG Picture: Bosses

This forum should be used to suggest new features or enhancements to the game
  • Author
powerflower

The BIG Picture: Bosses

PostTue Nov 01, 2011 3:18 pm

First of all: Thanks for making a great game! Beta-testing it is so much fun!

The one thing I think the game lacks so far are some greater challenges. The mobs in it at the moment are really weak and small and are easily killed (especially with a gold sword). Most metals are easy to find and since you never really need to lose any material (other than through wear and tear, and the very rare death) it doesn't take very long to have all gold equips and more food than you'll ever need.

So I would like to propose you add a larger challenge in the game. One that is so large and difficult it will take a long time and many tries to overcome it. Bosses would be a great challenge and if you try to make them have different attacks and require different techniques they could be amazingly fun!

Jack

Re: The BIG Picture: Bosses

PostTue Nov 01, 2011 3:36 pm

We will consider this for sure, but as every thing we did we prefer to think a lot about things to be sure that they integrate seamlessly with the mobile platform. ;)
Many choices must be done to ensure that everything works great, that's why we're releasing it as a "enhanced sandbox". So that in the meanwhile you can have fun building and exploring while we think about cool ways to enhance the gameplay.

We indeed know that mobs are quite easy to manage, but challenge without frustration is something that must be managed carefully :asd: the line between challenge and impossibility (especially on mobile platform) is really thin! :sisi:

Grummie

PostWed Nov 09, 2011 6:30 am

I agree bosses would be really cool, you can still have your sandbox gameplay with it getting ruined but maybe just place bosses deep underground for the hardcore miners ;)

Timothy_Walker

PostThu Nov 10, 2011 12:58 am

personally, i think before bosses are added, or even more mobs for that matter, the current ones should be fleshed out some. it seems like all the mobs are nearly the same but with a different texture. slimes drop slimeballs, and spiders can pop out of vases, but what can skulls do?

bosses or not, i know you pixbits wil come up with something clever! :D
stop reading my signature!

rndzvs

PostFri Nov 18, 2011 7:45 pm

Bosses may be very underground like other user said, but in the other places you should add just a little bigger creatures, like bears, skeletons, wolves, etc. That would add variety and will not harm anyone too much.
Bastián Olea. @rndzvs

Xtroop75

• Location: In an uknown Dark castle gaining dark power in a dark life energy conserved slowly waiting . . .

PostTue May 08, 2012 11:36 pm

I know I am super-gravedigging but this is a good post that deserves to be re-kindled in fire so I have some additional ideas.

Make it so that there is a boss mode (such as peaceful and non-peaceful mode.) and there should be one in each biome on a seperate extended biome such as for the Egypt biome you could have a giant sandworm that tunnels in and out of unbreakable walls that after you defeated him they would be breakable you should also find special keys in chests that unlock certain gated that seperate the extended biome from the biome and they should drop a lot I know there is more than 1 of a certain biome however I was thinking that in all Egypt biomes there are 1 Giant sandworm in each that way we could say I killed 2 sandworms

Please before flooding this out consider and hopefully add this with my crafting skin suggestions to improve the game because you guys would want to see this in the game would you not?

:D 100% homemade guaranteed friend approves this idea!
I am HEROJACK!!!
All my chests are mirthril by duping mwuhaha!
Twelvefoot is the 4th eldest(longest time by a person to be on forums) that is still on the forums and active and the tallest.
Zombie Pigmen are our friends!
Leader of Spam Police SP.

Unnamed

PostTue May 08, 2012 11:38 pm

Xtroop,nice idea
That hasnt been suggested,and im sure that is worth gravedigging
IT IS SPREA-

oh, it's dead. rip

wack3jo

PostTue May 08, 2012 11:40 pm

Wow!
I have not seen this thread for a LONG time :eek:
I'd love to see bosses in JJ :approved:
click here and here

AlexVolk

PostTue May 08, 2012 11:42 pm

Xtroop75 wrote:I know I am super-gravedigging but this is a good post that deserves to be re-kindled in fire so I have some additional ideas.

Make it so that there is a boss mode (such as peaceful and non-peaceful mode.) and there should be one in each biome on a seperate extended biome such as for the Egypt biome you could have a giant sandworm that tunnels in and out of unbreakable walls that after you defeated him they would be breakable you should also find special keys in chests that unlock certain gated that seperate the extended biome from the biome and they should drop a lot I know there is more than 1 of a certain biome however I was thinking that in all Egypt biomes there are 1 Giant sandworm in each that way we could say I killed 2 sandworms

Please before flooding this out consider and hopefully add this with my crafting skin suggestions to improve the game because you guys would want to see this in the game would you not?

:D 100% homemade guaranteed friend approves this idea!

That is a super idea! This sounds really great because I could finally have a challenge in an Egypt biome. Or a mushroom one. Or a hell biome. The loot idea with the boss idea sounds good too.
"I have the final say."

When you kill one, it is a tragedy. But when you kill 10 million? It is a statistic.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VEBAIZs5ES0 My theme song.

Unnamed

PostTue May 08, 2012 11:45 pm

Reminds me of minecraft's aether mod
IT IS SPREA-

oh, it's dead. rip

Xtroop75

• Location: In an uknown Dark castle gaining dark power in a dark life energy conserved slowly waiting . . .

PostThu May 10, 2012 2:53 pm

Please do not let this die this is a good thread please give it ideas.

Bosses and biomes:

Egypt biome: Giant Sandworm.

Mushroom biome: Giant Malovent Mushroom.

Mayan biome: Cyclop monster.

Jungle biome: Red Dragon-snake.

Underworld: Dark Jack.
I am HEROJACK!!!
Twelvefoot is the 4th eldest(longest time by a person to be on forums) that is still on the forums and active and the tallest.

Xtroop75

PostThu May 10, 2012 2:54 pm

Jack wrote:We will consider this for sure, but as every thing we did we prefer to think a lot about things to be sure that they integrate seamlessly with the mobile platform. ;)
Many choices must be done to ensure that everything works great, that's why we're releasing it as a "enhanced sandbox". So that in the meanwhile you can have fun building and exploring while we think about cool ways to enhance the gameplay.

We indeed know that mobs are quite easy to manage, but challenge without frustration is something that must be managed carefully :asd: the line between challenge and impossibility (especially on mobile platform) is really thin! :sisi:

That is why I am saying to have a button such as peaceful mode to include and not include bosses called boss mode on or off. Next to peaceful mode button.
I am HEROJACK!!!

gsbadreligion

PostFri May 11, 2012 4:49 am

i think if ranged weapons come into play it would also be great for bosses as well.

xXStEvOXx

PostWed May 16, 2012 4:35 pm

Also, i could draw up some ideas for what each biome boss would look like, i already have one done for the hell biome. :approved: These will not be pixelated though, sorry. :(
Minecraft Pixel Art
My Castle
"Your good, but im better!" -Wolf O' Donnell

Xtroop75

PostSun Jun 17, 2012 3:07 pm

Why not have this?

A Sandworm for egypt biome.

A giant skeletom for hell biome.

A Huge Slime for Mushroom Biome.

A huge Spider for Jungle Biome.

A huge pumpkin for graveyard.

Bosses could be overground too.

Key. (also there is a boss mode which is sort of hardcore mode bosses have 12.5% chance to spawn in biomes when they are off screen.

Legendary Pumpkin could have 25 hearts and spit pumpkin seeds out of mouth seeds do 3 hearts of damage. Also could jump on you can jump 20 blocks up does 9.5 hearts of damage. (this is were armor would be helpful.)Drops: All pumpkin mob drops and legendary pumpkin stem which will be used for a purpose not sure what yet and the legendary pumpkin badge which is worn as a medal simply tap on it in quickslot and you will wear it tap on empty quickslot and it will return to the quickslot you tapped cannot be dropped it is to show you killed the legendary pumpkin.

Ultremoulous Slime has 35 hearts and spits slimeballs at you these do 6 hearts of damage each and does not jump can do 10 damage when it bumps into you. Drops: all slime drops and a Ultremoulous Slime badge. (each boss destruction could be an achievement) showing in order of weakest to strongest bosses.

Rentoar the spider has 50 hearts and weaves spider webs all over the place these trap you and you cannot climb them (unless you have special boots and gloves) and does 15 damage when bumps into you also spiders spawn from the webs.Drops: all spider drops a venomous fang and a Rentoar the spider badge. (can where multiplr badges at once last badge you put on will come off first.

Exteme Sandworm has 60 hearts and drills holes through walls vanishes and pops out of a new place does 20 damage when it bumps into you from its mouth it drools egyptian mobs and worms and maggots.

Will Update.
I am HEROJACK!!!
Next

Return to Gameplay Discussion